A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wisconsin/Midwest art & craft fairs?  (Read 4247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cbgiggle2
« on: March 19, 2006 08:24:34 AM »

I am interested in participating in more art/craft fairs this spring and summer and don't know where to start looking for information. I don't want to sell my recreated stuff at fairs where old ladies are selling barbie doll crochet kleenex box covers. Anyone out there that can give a girl some advice? I make stuff out of recyceled junk and am working to save money to move to NZ for a year. HELP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

REcreate Designs
Missoula, MT
recreatedesigns@gmail.com
eakircher

gimme your garbage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006 01:22:38 PM »

Hey,
there are a bunch of places your stuff will probably sell well...

Art vs Craft - June 24, www.artvscraft.com
Renegade Craft Fair - www.renegadecraft.c om
High Noon Craftactular - info coming soon on this board probably..

Last spring I tried a bunch of craft fairs in the area, West Bend, Baraboo, Sun Prairie, Portage, and none of them were very profitable, I made my booth fee back and a little more and some of them lead to custom jobs, but I'm not going back to any of them this year because I'm going to stick to 'hip' craft fairs and the farmer's market (which might be an option for you - check out www.madfarmmrkt.com).  If you are interested in finding the more questionable fairs I was talking about, go to www.craftlister.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eakircher

gimme your garbage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006 01:48:11 PM »

I just thought of another place you could go this summer (and duh! I don't know why I didn't post this first, probably because I was thinking fairs...)

Anyways, the Madison farmer's market takes a lot of start up money for permits, insurance policies, etc.  For the last two summers I drove to Milwaukee for the East Side Farmer's Market which is in the parking lot of Beans and Barley.  Last year it cost $20/day and it was really laid back and awesome.  I got a great response to my recycled material crafts and you'd probably do well too.  It's small, maybe 15-20 vendors total with farmers and crafts, but they have live entertainment every week, and a great community feel.  check out more info at http://www.theeastside.org/market.html  The only downside to that is paying for gas...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkingirl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006 04:19:26 PM »

If you can wait for December, apply for the No Coast Craft-o-Rama in Minneapolis. We're expecting about 5,000 people this year.

app is available at www.nocoastcraft.co m.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
cbgiggle2
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006 07:54:32 AM »

IS there a possible date yet for the High Noon Craftacular? I am working on my summer schedule and organizing off days at work. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

REcreate Designs
Missoula, MT
recreatedesigns@gmail.com
gypsythief
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006 01:37:04 PM »

Hi.  We're working on securing a date, but it's now in the hands of Cathy, who owns the High Noon.  She was waiting to see what their schedule was going to be.  Hopefully we will know soon so we can get the application up.  Check back, or come on in Glitter and say hi.

Naomi

www.theglitterworks hop.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

licalee
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006 10:17:51 AM »

I know this is an old thread but you can get a list of some of the WI craft fairs here - http://www.travelwisconsin.com/search/kits.html - one of the free guides is the art and craft fair directory - also available in pdf format.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Fireworks Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Copy Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...