A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
843 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: My New Handbag  (Read 272651 times)
Tags for this thread: jordy_bag , handbag , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

msamy74
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2008 05:57:54 PM »

How do you get that tapered look at the bottom of the bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2008 11:33:46 PM »

THANKS so much!!!!! ok, like i said, i am new to this whole thing...........wha t is a jordy???

lowree

How do you get that tapered look at the bottom of the bag?

I constructed similar to the "Jordy Bag".  The jordy bag is so named because Craftster "thejordy" wrote a tutorial on this type of bag.  Here is the tutorial:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0

The reason it tapers is because of the right angle cut out at the base of the bag.  If you want it to be straight up and down (and NOT angled) follow my tutorial here, but on a larger scale:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176509.0

Whether the bag tapers, how much it tapers is all to do with the angle you cut out from the base of the bag.  Hope this makes sense  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagtart
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2008 11:56:06 PM »

Hi queenofdiy - another question re the taper. Is it just the size of the cutout in the base that creates the taper  or is the angle you cut it on as well? Thanks (oh and I so love all your tutorials -  thanks so much!!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2008 01:59:02 PM »

Hi queenofdiy - another question re the taper. Is it just the size of the cutout in the base that creates the taper  or is the angle you cut it on as well? Thanks (oh and I so love all your tutorials -  thanks so much!!!!)

It will be the size and angle that creates the taper.  More so the size.  The size of the cutout also contributes to the final width of the bag.  The width of your bag will be double the corner cutout.  Eg.  Say you cut out 2 inches at each corner, your bag will be 4 inches wide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michellegio_sew
Seamstress ..... Not Sewer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008 07:37:55 PM »

Kudos to you!  Wonderful craftsmanship (craftswomanship)....... how about craftership!   I am a purse fanatic & I love desiging purses.  I would carry that bag in an instant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here.
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008 12:58:04 AM »

Kudos to you!  Wonderful craftsmanship (craftswomanship)....... how about craftership!   I am a purse fanatic & I love desiging purses.  I would carry that bag in an instant!

Thanks  Wink  You design purses??  Wow - now that's fantastic!  I just sew stuff I see and like.  I have no imagination!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michellegio_sew

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008 10:58:27 AM »

Kudos to you!  Wonderful craftsmanship (craftswomanship)....... how about craftership!   I am a purse fanatic & I love desiging purses.  I would carry that bag in an instant!

Thanks  Wink  You design purses??  Wow - now that's fantastic!  I just sew stuff I see and like.  I have no imagination!!

Well thanks!  I have more ideas than brain space is the problem, and I can't draw / sew them fast enough on account of having to work a "real" job.  LOL!  I would love to be able to sell them one day.  I bet yours would sell quickly!  the only problem is people want to pay for top quality on a walmart budget where I live. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michelyne

Careful, that's a load-bearing thread!!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2008 11:28:22 AM »

Gorgeous! Very nicely done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2008 01:29:57 PM »

the only problem is people want to pay for top quality on a walmart budget where I live. 

I know exactly what you mean!!!  Part of  me really wants to sell stuff but another part of me doesn't because I don't want to 'have' to sew.  I sew when I'm in the mood.  I HATE sewing because I 'have' to.

This is weird - I bet your name is Michelle, Michelyne is probably a Michelle and I'm Michelle.  Too weird!!  Maybe there should be a "Michelle" swap.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michellegio_sew

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2008 01:35:22 PM »

the only problem is people want to pay for top quality on a walmart budget where I live. 

I know exactly what you mean!!!  Part of  me really wants to sell stuff but another part of me doesn't because I don't want to 'have' to sew.  I sew when I'm in the mood.  I HATE sewing because I 'have' to.

This is weird - I bet your name is Michelle, Michelyne is probably a Michelle and I'm Michelle.  Too weird!!  Maybe there should be a "Michelle" swap.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

TeHe!!! That would be very cool.  Anyone with Mich in their name, then maybe we could include any Michaels!  Or Shelleys?  We should seriously think about that.  I have no idea how to organize a swap though....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Blue Neko Girl
Whitechapel Gallery Digital Art Exhibit: When Artists and Geeks Collide
Creating Alternate Versions of Your Photos
Selective Noise Reduction with Camera Raw
How to Draw Chris Brown
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...