A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Somerset Quilt  (Read 2499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sushiful
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006 08:45:51 AM »

That has mistakes? It looks perfect.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SparroWinter
Androgynous scarf-knitter

Always twirling twirling twirling towards freedom.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006 11:10:31 AM »

Mistakes or no, I think that quilt is gorgeous! Besides, making mistakes is one of the fun things about making things by hand (as opposed to buying them, factory-made), since it shows that an actual human being made it.

But either way, I love it! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Projects in Progress - Branching Out scarf
 - Numerous knitted blanket squares

Just Finished - Midnight scarf
 - Falliage scarf
 - Basketweave Baby Blanket
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006 03:29:05 PM »

Beautiful!

Mistakes - you have got to be kidding?  they certainly don't show up in the picture (I looked hard trying to find even one and couldn't.)

Keep up the fantastic work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006 03:43:19 PM »

Oh Phooey!  Only you can see the mistakes!

You should take a moment, squint, and see it through our eyes.  We don't see mistakes.  We see a glorious quilt!  We're in awe of you for creating such a lovely quilt.

If you look at the coffee table books on historical quilt masterpieces, they are full of "mistakes."  Variation just makes things spicier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CMeCraft
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006 05:00:39 PM »

Ya'll sure know how to make someone feel better....Thanks for the compliments.  I've "let go" of the mistakes....quit worrying about them....at least I am trying too.....lol  It looks pretty good on the bed and it's way warmer than I thought it would be.  It's a good thing too since my bedroom is always cold.....I used a 600 ct sheet on the back and put polyester batting inside of the quilt.  Thanks for looking....Candace Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

poohza

Look at life from all angles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006 09:10:02 PM »

I think that quilt is amazing! The quilter always sees mistakes! we are our own worst enemies! I think it looks just great. very lovely colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poohza.typepad.com
cinnamonsnail.etsy. com
mata
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006 12:35:56 AM »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cmoore
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006 11:01:36 PM »

Wow this quilt looks like it would be frustrating to make. It turned out beautifully.

I know all about the frustration of something not going right-many of my quilts have spent at least a little bit of time in the garbage can while I cooled down. Usually the mistakes don't look as bad as you thought the farther you get from the less than happy experience (though I will say those quilts have never been my favorites, even if they are other people's).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CMeCraft
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006 04:47:57 AM »

I love this site!  Everyone on here is so nice and is really good at ego boosts.  lol  Thanks so much for the kind words. Smiley 

Cmoore, overall the quilt really wasn't that bad to piece together.  I just did a little bit every so often.  The worst part was trying to sew together pieces that weren't square.  I just ended up "making them fit," which is how I ended up with the quilt all funky shaped.  I think all of that is hid pretty well in the picture.  That was another lesson this quilt taught me,  square up your pieces whenever possible to keep from having folding lumps in the quilt.  (I should make a list of everything I learned and tape i on the wall above my sewing machine.....save me trouble later. lol)

Candace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lorky
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006 09:32:36 AM »

In the future you can lightly square up the border.  It isn;t as obvious if theres a bit trimmed off to make the corners nice and square.  If its like a 4" border or larger, no one will know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
March of The Crab Cakes
Stuffed Flank Steak
Holiday Rolls
How to Make Herb Gravy
Butterflied Turkey Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...