A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ottawa craft shows/fairs  (Read 13310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nospaces
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006 06:23:42 PM »

I can't believe I forgot about that!!! My mother has a booth at Inspirations... I have worked there for her the past two years.  Come see me at the "Recollections" table.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Neophyte282
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006 07:45:44 PM »

I'll be there for sure! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006 11:52:56 AM »

NOT YOUR GRANDMA'S CRAFT SALE
September 30-October 1
10 am - 5 pm
University of Ottawa, University Centre, Bar 1848

I urge you to visit NOT YOUR GRANDMA'S CRAFT SALE! Hosted by Ladyfest Ottawa, it features about 20 local artisans' their handmade wares, which include beautiful jewelry, cool collages, crazy stuffed animals, delicious soap, painted cards, sewn guitar straps, 1" buttons, silk-screened underpants... I can't remember everything I saw today, but since it runs from Saturday, September 30 to Sunday, October 1, you can see it all for yourself. I think another one will take place just before Christmas.

The craft sale is at the University of Ottawa's Jock Turcot building (also known as the University Centre) in room 205 (also known as 1848, the university pub). Follow the blue signs.

(I am not affiliated with the craft sale. I'm just a shopper who likes to support local crafters. I've already spent 45$ today on two pairs of sterling silver earrings, one beaded ring and a pair of Smurf ShrinkyDink earrings.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
nospaces
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006 07:07:17 PM »

Just my luck, I read this post on Oct. 2.  Angry

While I'm here, I'll mention the Fabric Flea Market that is coming up on October 14th. It is at the Glebe Community Centre, only from 10am to 2pm. I had a booth last year, and there were people lined up at 9am... it was crazy busy. There are amazing deals on fabric, knitting, needlework and other crafty stuff.  PM me if you want more details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yamwam
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006 07:10:30 PM »

While I'm here, I'll mention the Fabric Flea Market that is coming up on October 14th. It is at the Glebe Community Centre, only from 10am to 2pm. I had a booth last year, and there were people lined up at 9am... it was crazy busy. There are amazing deals on fabric, knitting, needlework and other crafty stuff.  PM me if you want more details.

What! Fabric Flea Market! So many of my favourite words in one phrase... I must go.

And don't worry, there'll probably be another Ladyfest craft sale in December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Neophyte282
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006 09:22:44 PM »

*sigh* I work on the 14th and I forgot about the one on Oct 1. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TTGCreations

Warning: Attracted to shiny objects...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006 01:24:21 PM »

Hah that's too funny -- I'm a newbie on this site and the first forum I pop into has a topic about just what I was looking for right at the top! So far, I'm liking this whole "Crafster" thing.  Wink

I'll have to bookmark this thread...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nod politely when people tell you it can't be done. Then go out and do it anyway!
Come and visit me at:
http://www.TTG-Creations.com
http://www.cafepress.com/ttgcreations
http://www.squidoo.com/shopindie/
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006 06:28:03 PM »

What! Fabric Flea Market! So many of my favourite words in one phrase... I must go.

Whaaat! How lucky is it that I saw this post? I haven't been checking this part of the board much lately so I'm glad to have seen this in time.
Yamwammer.... if you dress like your avatar, I'm sure I'll recognize you there!  Cheesy

EDITED to say thanks so much for this tip! I wouldn't have known about this othewise. Even though I didn't get there til 1pm it was still great - I thought the $2 fat quarters were a good deal until I found a stall with fat quarters for $1.   Shocked  (I bought 30!  Cheesy).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006 01:07:23 PM by BlooCanoe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
yamwam
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006 03:51:08 PM »

Whaaat! How lucky is it that I saw this post? I haven't been checking this part of the board much lately so I'm glad to have seen this in time.
Yamwammer.... if you dress like your avatar, I'm sure I'll recognize you there!  Cheesy

EDITED to say thanks so much for this tip! I wouldn't have known about this othewise. Even though I didn't get there til 1pm it was still great - I thought the $2 fat quarters were a good deal until I found a stall with fat quarters for $1.   Shocked  (I bought 30!  Cheesy).

30 fat quarters! You're a maniac! I spent only about 15$ in my hour and half there, which I thought was pretty good considering the oceans of cool fabric. Did you see the bankrupt necktie manufacturers' table? Some of the silk was kind of cool and art-deco. I didn't see any patterns I liked in particular, but I nearly bought some just because it got to 1$ a metre around 1:30. I managed to restrain myself there, but I couldn't resist some other bargains. My supplies box is busting with fabric now!

And I read about another fabric sale taking place this Wednesday, October 18, from 10 to 2 at First Avenue Public School. I want to go but I'm not sure if I'll have time between classes.

Also, I got a flyer at Ladyfest for a silkscreening workshop presented by Spins and Needles. It's 90$, which includes the one-day workshop (11 am6 pm), a screen, a squeegee and an instruction booklet. There are five sessions to choose from: October 15 (full now, I think), November 5 (the one I've signed up for with PrincessJazz), December 3, January 14 and February 4. Cool, eh?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006 03:56:25 PM by yamwam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006 05:01:46 PM »

I know! I started pawing through the box of $1 fat quarters and thought I would get a few, and then just kept finding more and more and walked away with 30 of them.  Grin  I did see a huge pile of ties under a table in the southeast corner of the room, is that the one you mean? I was hoping to see some neat yarn but didn't see much that appealed to me, but probably anything really nice went early.

Speaking of events at the Glebe Community Centre, the Ottawa Valley Spinners and Weavers Guild Show/Sale is the first weekend of November.  I went last year and while it wasn't as packed as the flea market was today, it was really nice to browse around. I remember there was some really nice needle-felting last year.
http://www.ovwsg.com/ex.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Fuse Glass - Finishing
Soap Making Tutorial
How to Make Soap - Mixing Water and Lye
How to Make Soap - Lining the Mold
How to Make Soap - Warming the Oils
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...