A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birth control pill wallet  (Read 19526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lbraith
« on: July 01, 2004 12:33:50 PM »

My bc comes with a soft vinyl wallet with a "sueded" finish, presumably to carry your pills around. It's about the size and shape of a business card wallet, and has a pocket on either side of the fold, one clear and the other "faux." It's a grayish color.

I have actually used one as an extra business card carrier, but I get these things every a month! I don't know what to do with them, but I hate throwing them out, because they seem useful in some way. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.ellebstyle.com - coming soon!
Becky65301
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004 01:09:10 PM »

Could you do something like these? http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6883.0 The cassette single journals?  I think you could adapt the idea, they would make pretty funny gifts... I have visions of a small journal made out of the bc pack, with some sort of embroidery on the cover?  Maybe one of those 50's style cartoons with a sexual reference? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lbraith
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004 10:14:33 AM »

The journals are cute! The pill wallet is flat-creased, though, so I can't see how a spine could be created. I like your idea, though.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.ellebstyle.com - coming soon!
LisaMarie

Everybody's got their something

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004 12:08:04 AM »

Oh man I have about 50 of those I think, except mine are bright blue, and I just can't bring myself to throw them away... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLea14
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004 07:28:01 PM »

Maybe you can use them ..Ohh just got a better idea ! Use them for themes. Lol okay this seems unclear but here it goes. Cut a hole bunch of words out of magazines and file them in the little wallet. On the wallet you can put an overall picture Like you can put a picture of a Carrot and have names of vegetables. Or you can inverse that and put a word on the cover (for example..Blue) and have plenty of blue pictures. Oooor you can simply put article you like,poems,saying,small pictures of every kind.
That's all i can think up fer now..Hope this helped a little  Undecided Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alixianervosa

That's what she said

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004 10:47:54 PM »

Perhaps you could attach them to a covered cork board.  hmmm...like I'm thinking sew them on to a fabric open so it's like just a little pocket in a grid pattern and use that fabric to cover a piece of cork.  You could store rubberbands, paperclips, extra staples, a small notepad, mini magazine clippings, etc in them.  Or you could store jewelry in them...still on the board though.  Hey, that's a pretty good idea!

::pats self on back:: Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If God wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates." -Willy Wonka
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005 04:47:03 PM »

I have the exact same ones. I make wallets out of them. I bought a ton of little iron-on appliques on clearance and I use grosgrain ribbon and hammer-on snaps and go crazy. The first one I made for myself is kind of dumb because it just has two little ducks on it. I made one for my friend with cherry ribbon, red ribbon, and a snap. I wish I had taken a picture of it. The next one I made had rainbow ribbon, two snaps, and little bumblebee appliques. Again, gave it away before I took a picture.
The glue I use is called Crafter's Goop. I test it out first to make sure it won't seep through the ribbon. As long as you don't use gobs and gobs of it, it won't. It also holds the appliques very well. I don't iron them on because the pouches are plastic.
I love these pouches because they have a clear window, which is perfect for a driver's license.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Petunia0384
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005 09:50:47 PM »

I'm glad you posted this.  I've been wondering what to do with those stupid things forever!  I get the same ones you do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005 09:55:33 PM »

lol, i'm on the same ones. yasmin right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005 10:26:17 PM »

Tri-Norinyl comes in that kind of wallet as well, because I have a bunch of these lying around.

I was thinking of doing a small journal type thing, with just a few pages, probably with a theme. Like, for a fellow travel loving friend, I thought of putting in pictures of far away places and quotes on travel and cultures and such. For a friend who cooks, you could include a couple of recipes and perhaps a food coupon and some culinary quotes. A good small gift, almost a party favor or stocking stuffer kind of a thing.

Unfortunately, that's the only thing I've been able to come up with and I've yet to carry the idea out because I don't really have a good glue for it and I'm not really sure of the details of how to do it. The wallet idea doesn't sound bad at all but I can't thinking of anyone I know that would use a wallet that small, myself included.

Perhaps they'd make good travel sized picture frames? Something for people to take on long trips...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tim Conway: What Are You Reading?
Christy Haubegger: The Starting Line
Christy Haubegger: A Latina Heroine
Christy Haubegger: Measure Your Life In Impact
Christy Haubegger: Publishing to Production
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...