A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 305,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversable Pink and Black Mini Messenger Camera Bag/Purse IMG HVY  (Read 1229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evilsarah
« on: March 17, 2006 09:25:49 AM »

I'm not a purse girl, I am a pocket girl usually, but the latest onslaught of home made clothing in my wardrobe (in which I stupidly didn't put pockets) has created a need. That and I needed a bag for my camera because I lost the strap.

LOOONG straps so I can Carry it like a messenger bag

Close-up

Oh Schnap...what's this? It goes reversi?!?

And then I found this pin on the ground the other day, so now she has a new home. I think I like this side better anyway...

I did this late, so the sewing got a little sloppy at the end. That and I was also watching Wonder Showzen, so the attention was a bit averted. That and I am new at sewing, but I will stop the self depreciation.

Tell me what you think.

that pink fabric is my greatest find ever, I got it for fifty cents a yard at walmart, I ended up getting like 5 yards of it. No I didn't use a pattern. Really I just needed a camera bag for the next day because a friend of mine asked me to take pictures of his band durring a show. The sewing on it actually is pretty good, I am just learning a new sewing machine. I learned the straps are a little long, so I need to fix those. Other than that, just some strings here and there...

next is a skirt, I got a pattern on ebay for like pennies and a not to bad shipping price. I just made my duct tape dress form to use to. Rock.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006 07:54:15 PM by evilsarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbow.black
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006 11:03:24 PM »

I think, it looks a lot like the first bag I made(except mine was shades of blue).Keep trying, and be serious when u r sewing ( my same problems  Undecided) and you will get better results. I dont know it you had a pattern, what ur style is, or how long u have been sewing, but regardless be proud that u made something reconizable, cuz mystuff never is. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrhythmia
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006 08:34:34 AM »

I like the pink fabric a lot and the messenger/long strap idea is great for carrying a camera. Great job on this. It's fun to find a pin you like, too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006 08:55:13 PM »

You could just cut the strap and tie the ends like in the hobo bag tute or button the pieces together like in the skipping bag. Or you can take it off and shorten it that way. Either way, a super usable camera bag. Now to figure out more uses for the super pink fabric!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Carve a Pumpkin for Halloween
How a Native American Drum Is Made
Pumpkin Carving 101
How to Arrange Cymbidium Orchids in Cylinder Vase
Halloween Flower Decoration Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...