A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help for the girl who was "never getting married" ?  (Read 7578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

revoltofagirl
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006 01:19:29 PM »

thank you so much aunt carrot! that's PERFECT Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006 10:56:24 AM »

hi i just wanted to offer my two cents..... i'd strongly suggest not ordering/buying until you're closer to your date or have a better idea of what you want. i had about a year and a half to plan and my ideas changed about a million times. toward the end i remembered some of my initial ideas and i thought, 'I wanted to do WHAT?!" (honestly most of my worst ideas were trying to tie in our careers) definitely jot down ideas/suggestions/inspirations in a notebook, but wait until things come together in your mind more before choosing to go with one thing or another or else you may run yourself ragged or blow your budget. which brings me to another tip: make a budget. decide what's important to you and what's not and budget accordingly. like for me my dress was really important so i was willing to spend a lot on it. luckily i got a good deal but i would have been really upset if i couldn't have the dress i wanted b/c the video (that i didn't care about) cost too much. finally, about photos: go the disposable or amateur friend/relative route if you like as an additional source of photos, but don't skimp entirely. you'll be disappointed. people--even people who are into photography--get bad shots. you don't want the only photo of your first kiss to have someone's head in the foreground. we had a bridesmaid's boyfriend do the video to save money and it was TERRIBLE though they assured me beforehand that he knew what he was doing. he zoomed in and out so much it gives me motion sickness. luckily we didn't care and the photos from our photojournalist were amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006 11:42:22 AM »

thank you so much aunt carrot! that's PERFECT Smiley

You're welcome!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
revoltofagirl
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008 07:39:05 AM »

wow, it's been almost two years since I've last visited this thread... and guess what? I'm still engaged! lol. for numerous reasons we postponed the wedding and now we're getting married 09/05/09 Smiley

we're not really doing a rockabilly/swing theme anymore (although we'll still play rockabilly music and swing dance during the reception!). dee521 was so right about how I would change my mind a million times! our colors are no longer red/black/white... they're aqua-blue, fuschia (hot pink), orange, and kelly green!

we're still having sandwiches but we're iffy on having cheesecake. if I could trust myself to make it and have it look pretty, it'd be a viable option... but ordering it from anywhere seems much too expensive! we're having cupcakes though! mmm.

here is my not-finished inspiration board:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008 08:06:21 AM »

Thanks for updating us.

A Labor Day Weekend wedding! Definitely a good one for tubing on the Guadalupe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RamenQueen
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2008 12:10:56 PM »

I have no idea who is going to marry us. I don't even know where to look. we aren't getting married in a church and neither of us are religious. I've been to a wedding and a funeral where a minister mispronounced / said the wrong name and I'm kinda worried about that. has anyone seen the scrubs episode where carla's mom dies and decides that she wants to get married NOW not later... but then the minister has to ask turk to remind him what the bride's name is? yeah, THAT. (if you're not an avid scrubs fan you probably have no idea what I'm saying right now. lol)

Not a scrubs fan( Dont kill me!) but as someone who has had their name butchered at almost every major event in her life ( Not HS Grad though...I made an appointment with the principle to double check his pronuc!)
i feel ya. Go over it 10 xs at least with the offical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2008 12:46:14 PM »

Hah those colors, minus the orange, are pretty similar to the colors I've painted my room. Is the pink and blue dress one you're planning to wear, or one for the bridesmaids? Either way, I love it.
And the whole name thing - what's your name? I think it would be kind of unprofessional for them to not even know the name or how to pronounce it. Just make sure you mention it more than once to the officiant if you're that concerned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
revoltofagirl
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008 07:51:37 AM »

yeah, the pink and blue dress is what I would wear... the bridesmaids would be all in black dresses (that they probably own already, but they can buy a new one if they want) Smiley and the groomsmen will wear black shirts, black pants and no tie. I'm calling it "fancy casual" lol.

my name is Lyndee, I get called "wendy" and "lindsey" a lot  Undecided

the wedding I went to where the officiant said the wrong name... he kept using the groom's sisters name in place of the brides! (and they're not similar names at all!)

we're going to have a friend marry us, but he's since moved out of state and I can't seem to get a hold of him, which worries me. I still have a year and a half to go though (wow, I've been engaged forever!) we're going to check out a venue on the way down to our friends wedding in july, and hopefully get that settled.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RamenQueen
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008 08:07:33 AM »

mines Tawna ...Tah-Nah ( I get Tawny Tanya Tonya, Tawana and Once Taiwan!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
degenecle
djrk

I wanna be a professional grandma

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008 04:30:23 PM »

My wife and I were married just over two years ago, and the marriage commisioner stumbled over my name. It just didn't want to come out. And you know what? It was a great tension breaker. I was so nervous standing up there that I couldn't think straight, and when he screwed it up, my first thought was, "Every freakin' time!" But then I found THAT thought funny, and it was a great reminder that it was, really, just another day.

Onto crafting topic: My mother made our wedding cake. Nothing too fancy, but she made it herself, and with love for my bride and me. It was more special than any store-bought, picture-perfect cake. Practice your cheesecake - you've got some time before you need it finished! Or, enlist a baking-inclined friend to make you the cake as your wedding gift. You don't need everything to be flawless to still be your perfect day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
When Tim Gunn Discovered Fashion
Tim Gunn on Flattering Your Figure
What To Wear In Transitional Weather, from Tim Gunn
The Longest Length Your Skirt Should Be Is...
Where To Find Good Quality Suits, from Tim Gunn
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...