A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Girly Girl Goth Girl Swap  (Read 8893 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Deirdre
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006 05:26:35 AM »

Here are the items I sent to Minusxl3lindfold:

A purse:

Pillows:

And a necklace:

Here's another shot of the purse:

I had a lot of fun making these swap items!

Deirdre
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006 05:30:36 AM by Deirdre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006 09:50:19 AM »

That painting is so nice! And for some reason I'm sickly obsessed with that butterfly hairclip. I can't decide whether it's just pretty, or scary! (Fits this swap perfectly I think!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006 08:43:39 PM »

I just wanted to post an action shot of me wearing the earrings.  My goodness my mirror is dirty.  And it took me seven trys to get a useable picture -- I didn't even bother trying to get a good picture, it was so hard!

I wore them all day long and got very nice compliments!

Deirdre
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006 10:16:30 AM by Deirdre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Minusxl3lindfold

R.I.P. Peter Steele. <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006 09:46:53 PM »

Ohhh I'm so glad you like them!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008 02:45:32 PM by Minusxl3lindfold » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: www.wists.com/minusxl3lindfold
Facebook: (always looking for crafty friends!) http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000584671613

Current Swaps:
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006 07:06:39 PM »

Here are the items I sent to lilearthcreature.  I know she got her stuff so I figured since I have some pictures I'd go ahead and post them.

A hexagon shaped mosaic box with a scarab beetle (it's fake) under a glass marble on top. The grout is really black.  I don't know why it looks so light in the photos!

A hoodie with an embroidered scarab beetle on it.  I use a piece of clip art for the pattern.

A black and red beaded chocker with a scarab charm. Can you tell lilearthcreature likes scarabs!?!  Smiley

Then....I attempted to make Goth-ish headbands but they turned out really weird! It was a fiasco in fabric glue and lace I tell you!

Since the head bands were such a disaster, I sent lilearthcreature a "Headband Repair and/or Salvage Kit" comprised of all of the leftover supplies from what will forever be known from this point on as "the headband fiasco!" My hope is she will be able to save the headbands!  If not she has some cool trims to play around with.

Then I felt bad because I didn't have enough stuff for her and this is her first swap so I wanted it to be REALLY good so I made her some bobby pins.  Two have metal skull beads, two have charcoal gray beads with a filigree and two are read beads shaped like leaves.

I still felt like her loot was looking a little flimsy so I whipped up a pair of dangly earrings really quick.

I also threw in the same CD and magnets I sent Brena80. Thank you Henry Ford for inventing the assembly line!  Wink

The picture quality is not the best.  We THINK our digital camera has a micro setting but we haven't found it yet.  The good news is we found the user manual for the camera!  The bad news is the user manual we found is in Spanish and my comprehension of Spanish has deteriorated to profanity and food!   Embarrassed  Enjoy the photos such as they are! 

This was a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilearthcreature
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2006 09:39:51 PM »

thank you for posting the pictures. by the way, you should get your package in the mail on monday. i'm sorry i didn't post pictures yet myself, i went out of town this weekend and i'm still a little sick from the road trip.

LOL, i wore the choker and headband and earings and the hoodie in St.Paul.

Bye the way, I must say..i'll post a few action shots. The hoodie looks amazing on me, as well as the jewlry and the headband. The red one..i only wore the black one to the post office.

Can't wait to see the pictures up of the stuff i sent you.

I really hope you like them. I wored super hard on them....other then the one item i bought.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist for current and future swap partners
http://www.wists.com/lilearthcreature
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006 06:07:04 PM »

I got home from work today and there was this BIG ol box on my porch from lilearthcreature!!!

Inside there was all kinds of cool stuff!

A very cool shadow box with a pencil drawing of a skull and cross bones and some dried roses inside.  It also has some glitter.  I'm a BIG fan of glitter!

A very cool hand carved stamp painted pink and blue.

A leopard print bag.  This is going right into my work tote bag to hold the 412 lip sticks and lip glosses I insist on carrying with me every day!

Two glittery candles

A coffin shaped purse.  The picture does not show the REALLY cool stitching. She did a great job on the stitching around the grey pattern in the fabric!

And two wrist cuffs that actually fit my bony wrists!!

I modeled....Scary!
I wore Brena80's earrings to work today and I still have them on in the pic!

lilearthcreature also threw in her favorite beverage....Yoohoo! Here I am eatting dinner.  Please note the Yoohoo!

Ya, I'm a geek.

The T-shirt if from an Andy Warhol exhibit. It really does just say Trash.

Thank you so much for all of the cool stuff!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilearthcreature
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006 11:33:06 PM »

LOL..action poses are the best! My friend Joe yelled at me for sending you my favorite beverage in the world because he said it tastes bad. I told him he was stupid...
Also, I hand painted the design before I did the stiching. It took me FOEVER!

I'm really glad that the cuffs fit. I had a hard time making them, and then I was worried that I made them way to small.

I'm glad everything thing got there.

Mara
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist for current and future swap partners
http://www.wists.com/lilearthcreature
Deirdre
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006 06:23:26 AM »

Sorry, I've been insanely busy with schoolwork (grading papers).  Everything is so cool!   PinkyK you made out like a bandit.  I love the wristlets.  The skull shadowbox is a great idea also.

Those mosaic boxes are terrific and I really like the embroidered hoodie -- do you have an embroidery machine or did you do it by hand?

We have four more people who swapped -- if you received your stuff, post the pics so we can all drool over it!

Deirdre
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006 07:27:09 AM »

Thank you!

I did the embroidery by hand.   I found a scarab clip art in either publisher or word and modified it into an embroidery pattern. I traced the pattern using sublime stitching white transfer paper.  For the circle around the scarab I just found a glass that fit around it then drew around it with chalk. It didn't need to stay visible long, 10 - 15 minutes at the most, so using chalk worked OK for the circle.

I then used a Shout Wipe to clean up where I messed up tracing and to get rid of any excess chalk and threw it in the dryer with a dryer sheet so the hoodie would smell nice.  Plus the dryer helped remove any dog hair the hoodie picked up!! Those dogs of mine.....I swear they are having puppy parties while I'm at work!  There is no way those two little dogs (beagle-muts pound puppies) can possible shed that much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make High Heel Cupcakes
Rainbow Cupcake Recipe
How to Make Nutella Fudge Pops
How to Make a Tapioca Pudding With Coconut Caramel Sauce
How to Make a Chocolate Cake With Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...