A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
353 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 3/16/06 - Interesting Book Signing / Craftster Get-Together Locations?  (Read 28403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2006 06:05:01 PM »

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays are holding a "Stitch & Pitch" event at a ballgame sometime this summer, 2006. They're inviting thousands of crocheters and knitters (and embroiderers, too) to come out to the ballpark and bring their projects along! Ticket prices will be very affordable and everyone will get to sit together, mingle, share project ideas, and oh yeah, watch a baseball game (in between purls and satin stitches!!!)

They will be looking for someone special to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, have a crafty display, things of that nature. Anything relevant to the cause!

This would be a great place to hold a book signing!!! You'd already have a dedicated audience (especially if they knew you were going to be there!)!

Portion of ticket price possibly will go to charity (undetermined).

Leah, if you would like to know more, please PM me!  Grin

HOLY CRAP!?! When???  I grew up in St. Pete and I'd LOVE to go to that!  I think I could even get my mom (aka Craftygram) to go too!  She is one AWESOME crocheter!! Please, if you could, PM me with details as they become available. Heck maybe start a thread in the Florida board if there is enough interest?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2006 06:46:02 PM »

I'll look around Ann Arbor, MI, for you, there's a bunch of places that might go for it.  plus then you could swing by both ann arbor and grand rapids in one swing!

yesyesyes then I could go to BOTH!

Me too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
ScrappinFool
Crafty Goddess

the fruits of a crafty nirvana...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2006 07:47:35 PM »

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but in Skippack, PA there is a 2 story yarn store called Yarnings.
The Barnes and Noble in Plymouth Meeting, PA holds events there as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Goddess
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2006 08:07:08 AM »

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays are holding a "Stitch & Pitch" event at a ballgame sometime this summer, 2006. They're inviting thousands of crocheters and knitters (and embroiderers, too) to come out to the ballpark and bring their projects along! Ticket prices will be very affordable and everyone will get to sit together, mingle, share project ideas, and oh yeah, watch a baseball game (in between purls and satin stitches!!!)

They will be looking for someone special to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, have a crafty display, things of that nature. Anything relevant to the cause!

This would be a great place to hold a book signing!!! You'd already have a dedicated audience (especially if they knew you were going to be there!)!

HOLY CRAP!?! When???  I grew up in St. Pete and I'd LOVE to go to that!  I think I could even get my mom (aka Craftygram) to go too!  She is one AWESOME crocheter!! Please, if you could, PM me with details as they become available. Heck maybe start a thread in the Florida board if there is enough interest?Huh

Well, it'll probably be August or Sept. Not sure yet. We want to get the word out to Tampa Bay area crafters (and Craftsters, too!) near to the time. I think tickets will be around $8 and parking is free. $3 will go to a good local charity. Pink K, keep in touch with me to see how details develop!

Would be great to have Leah's book signing there! The Thriftgoddess will be there, too!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2006 10:35:18 AM »

I see someone already mentioned my state.... Nebraska.  I realize that sometimes as far as metropolitan thinking, Canada is probably closer than Nebraska, but still.  I vote Lincoln, mostly because that's where I am, but also because it's the capital, a University city (Go huskers!) and has a very healthy sense of craft.

The one spot I can think of in particular is StudioVille, which is a converted space in an old district that currently houses several artists' stores as well as a local recording studio and Threads 2, the second branch of our beautiful LYS.  In addition to the shop spaces, there is also a beautiful lobby space where they have art shows and a little kitchenette space in back. 

Anyway, I know the chances of seeing you in Nebraska are slim unless you happen to swing through on the way to somewhere else (which is usually how people find us anyway) but we'd really love to have you.  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
barbwire
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2006 01:16:11 PM »

The Anchorage Museum of History & Art in Anchorage Alaska.

Cool place, lots of crafty folks.

Barbara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl

whatever it takes...

« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2006 03:10:53 PM »

Well, it'll probably be August or Sept. Not sure yet. We want to get the word out to Tampa Bay area crafters (and Craftsters, too!) near to the time. I think tickets will be around $8 and parking is free. $3 will go to a good local charity. Pink K, keep in touch with me to see how details develop!

Would be great to have Leah's book signing there! The Thriftgoddess will be there, too!  Cheesy

id be interested too! i live in Venice but go to school in Tampa, so I'm up here just about everyday! it should like lots of fun and a perfect place to have a book signing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nancyger
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2006 12:47:15 AM »

Powells Bookstore in Portland, Oregon. They're an awesome local bookstore!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mom to Sandy, Roo, Teddy, Azlan, Whitey, Squeaky, & Rudy.
Crafting addict. Buy my handmade goodies...
http://KarmasKreations.com
http://karmaskreations.etsy.com
Six
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2006 06:07:05 AM »

Puttin' in a fourth for the good ol' Twin Ciities. We are hip, we are crafty and we have the largest anarchist population in the country! Hahaha..

Anyway, I think Crafty Planet would be spectacular, but the space might be a limitation..

Needlework Unlimited makes me kind of mad, but it is huge.

Borealis Yarns is pretty big, and they have a coffee shop attached! It is fantastic. I go there all the time.

For non-LYS choices, I'd just like to plug how Minneapolis has the best coffee shops ANYWHERE. Haha.. I can totally imagine a crafty get together at Caffetto or Spyhouse.

Hmmm.. Yes. Come here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2006 06:15:14 AM »

We have anarchists?? Who knew!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thanksgiving Burritos
How to Make Thanksgiving Frittata
How to Make Holiday Side Dishes
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 1
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...