A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 3/16/06 - Interesting Book Signing / Craftster Get-Together Locations?  (Read 28224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006 12:25:25 PM »

here in portland, oregon you could hold your book signing at Mabels Cafe and Knittery!!!  or any LYS...Lint, Naked Sheep, Yarn Garden etc....

if you come to p-town (you must!) make sure to check out powells books(the worlds hugest bookstore!)...you could also do your signing there...but i dont know that they have space for the craftstering! 

i hope you come here!  i will buy ya a beer!!!!

The LYS's might be interesting... especially Yarn Garden... but I was thinking maybe SCRAP! http://www.scrapaction.org/store.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonanzajellybean

Even art teachers get the blues.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006 12:35:52 PM »

If you come down south to North Carolina there is a really cool store in Durham called the Scrap Exchange that would be awesome to visit.  They have tons of goods donated from companies like fabric ends, plastic scraps, foam pieces, chemistry beakers, and all kinds of crazy stuff.  You can go there and make stuff, or have parties; I go there to buy stuff for my classroom ( I'm an art teacher).  It is really fun to go there and just look around, definitely check it out.

http://www.scrapexchange.org
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my handspun fibers...
http://www.thirdfloorfibers.etsy.com
PenGwend
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006 12:44:22 PM »

So you HAVE to come to DC - it's the nation's capital after all.  My mom's best friend owns a bookstore in a suburb of DC, and she loves having book signings and parties etc.  It's called Books & Crannies and it's really cute.  They did a Harry Potter party complete with cake and goodie bags when the new book came out.

http://www.booksandcrannies.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Luck favours the prepared, dahlink." -Edna

www.flickr.com/photos/silver-lining
Handmade Goodies!
modpodge
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006 12:46:44 PM »

Uncle Fun!
Oooh...oodles of cute, cheap, and kitschy plastic thingamombobbies. You would love it! I am sure there are also a bunch of Craftsers (myself included) that would be willing to show you around/feed you/host you.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006 12:49:59 PM by modpodge » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Deirdre
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006 12:59:27 PM »

I second Baltimore!  I think you'd get a lovely turnout here!

Here are some places:

Made in Metal:  http://www.madeinmetal.net/ -- my guild meets here every month and the owner is looking to increase traffic.  The location is a warehouse under a bridge -- very industrial but accessible and very very cool.  PM me for an introduction.

American Visionary Arts Museum:  http://www.avam.org/ -- I've got no connections but what a place!  Totally worth a shot.

Fell's Point Creative Alliance:  http://www.creativealliance.org/ -- An amazing Baltimore group that's changing the street corners one Charm City Kitty at a time.  Grin

Pudruff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AriesEJ
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006 01:11:22 PM »

Congratulations!  What a wonderful thing to happen!  Good luck on the signings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
washu
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006 01:16:30 PM »

You gotta come to Portland, it's like DIY ground-central.  I second taloola's Powell's suggestion; they are having (had?) a craft-related book signing there (t-shirt recon) soon (recently?)  Lotsa LYSs and also, little boutiques filled with handmade original clothing/jewelry/purses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft-matic
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006 01:23:04 PM »

I second the plea on behalf of Atlanta!  Or you could go to Savannah, and then I would have an excuse to go there, too.  Unless you'd be coming in May.  In that case, Please come to Montreal!  But just for May....

I'll try to think of places you could come in Atlanta.  I'm thinking coffee shop/bar--cause while there are a TON of crafty people in this town, we're woefully underserved craft-wise. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006 01:24:22 PM »

I'll look around Ann Arbor, MI, for you, there's a bunch of places that might go for it.  plus then you could swing by both ann arbor and grand rapids in one swing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006 01:54:03 PM »

Yep. You for sure need to come to Ann Arbor, with all the crafty college kids at UofM I'm sure you'd get a good turn out!

Borders has a store in downtown.  It's actually the first store they built and because it's a college town this store has a really good atmosphere and they have a lot of alternative bands, poetry readers, etc.  playing there in the cafe area most nights. The cafe part of it would be a good place for a craftster get-together too! 

I work at the corp. headquarters and could help you get "in" if you need it.   Wink

I'm so excited for you & can't wait to get your book!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006 01:56:25 PM by anna-begins » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Million Dollar Critic: Charleston, I Know You Got Soul Food
Orlando Tops List of Most Affordable Foodie Cities
How to Make Buttermilk Pancakes and Homemade Breakfast Sausage
How to Make Buffalo Mac and Cheese
Why Texas Is the Mecca for BBQ
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...