A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swapping w/ crafters who smoke? Opinions please  (Read 6805 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMeshell
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2006 05:26:41 PM »

19 cats! I'm moving in...

A girl can dream can't she Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2006 06:13:35 PM »

.I do plan on quitting smoking eventually..like in the year 2009...I'm just not ready to quit yet and I have tried. It doesn't work if you aren't ready. So until we've all quit (which I'm sure the government will make us all quit someday) it is up to you to make your allergies known.

it's in progress here (Austin TX) employers are allowed to levee extra "fees" for health insurance on smokers.  They offer "incentives" to "help" employees quit.  But from my point of view (as a can't smoke, makes me sick person) it's looking a lot more like "quit! or else."  My SO has to pay $600 a month for "company" health insurance as a diabetic, the smokers he works with (exclusive of the boss) pay around $800 a month.

and the boss can't figure out why more people don't enroll in company health care.  Roll Eyes

I'd hate to see folks (yes, including smokers) getting nudged out for their habits or resident critters, even allergic I get some *neat* stuff from smoking friends.  I'd pout like a two year old if they quit.

I thinkwe've pretty well agreed that the onus of reporting is on those of us who are sensitive/allergic and a general question (or two) in the surveys would cover the "problem" and there have been some stellar suggestions in this thread for how to politely phrase them.

reminds me, I need to air some of the "lavender bomb" fabric out before I use it.  Four months later it still reaches up and grabs you when you open the box... whew..  I'm glad it was an almost empty bottle of lavender oil.

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
craft_t_chic
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2006 07:23:41 PM »

After reading through this thread, I had to PM someone that I have previously swapped with to ask the question, "Did my stuff stink???" I was seriously paranoid. But in all honesty, I am not going to stop swapping even if she did tell me that it smelled of smoke. I'd just take more precautions next time around to be sure it didn't. (Oh, and if I make something for any of you, feel free to tell me, "hey...air it out better next time!" and I won't take offense to it at all!!!)

By the way, she swears it didn't smell at all, so don't let that stop anyone from joining swaps! They are so much fun...I love having something in my mailbox...I completely accessorize from swap stuff...AND it's nice to know that somewhere else around the world, I am making someone else's day by filling their mailbox too! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2006 06:35:15 AM »

Ok, everyone who is a smoker and wants to know if their stuff stinks, can craft me something, send it to me and I'll let you know. Cheesy

I'm willing to do this to help you all out Grin

Just kidding of course.  Wink

That is so considerate of you.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2006 12:22:13 PM »

Hi all!  Great topic & discussion!

I think many aspects & ideas of this topic have been covered.  It's been edited in some instances, but I think the points of view and suggestions are all remain.  So, we are going to lock it and leave it as that Wink

The Swap, Category, Global Moderators & Leah will review the Swap Post Starter to see if we can't include your suggestions into the standard template, as well  Smiley

If you want to PM me with anything regarding this (or anything!)...please, please feel free to Wink

~Sweets
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Books to Read Before They Hit the Big-Screen - Part 1
Elizabeth Taylor Dies at 79 of Congestive Heart Failure
Basic Video Production Lighting Tips
Framing Your Shots for an Internet Video
Camera Work for Internet Videos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...