A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Finally made something! (img heavy)  (Read 5749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fudgegirl
« on: March 15, 2006 02:56:12 PM »

Hey all....(BTW this is my first project post... i finally made something worth posting!!)
A while ago i made this post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79143.0 about some metcards i had. I was thinking of making a bag, and a  few people suggested it, so i did. This is it, the bag that makes people stare at me when i catch the bus...
My Metbag!
the front:

the back:

the bottom:

the sides:

the bottom:

the inside:

and, finally, the pocket!

Sorry for the millions of pictures - it took quite a while i am very proud of it (except the fact that i am very smart and put my maths textbook, history stuff, and a bunch of other junk in it, making the straps break....)
Oh, and don't worry, i'm not mental... the pocket is a joke - that day, before i made it the buses had fudged everyone at my school around.
Thank you for looking... please post comments and criticism
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010 04:25:33 PM by MareMare - Reason: to fix coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschkitty
Beading & forum addicted!

www.kitschkitty.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006 03:48:17 PM »

I like it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you love to chat about beading come join us at www.uk-beaders.co.uk/forum.htm
Find hundreds of UK based bead suppliers and more at www.uk-beaders.co.uk

Kitty's Unique Boutique
Custom creations designed to delight   www.kitschkitty.co.uk
Miss American Pie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006 07:20:05 PM »

Haha, that's great. Yay for public transport.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

defunctbuffalo
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006 08:22:13 PM »

It's great!  Did you just use packing tape to keep it together?  For the straps too?  I really like it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daydreamer
Dream dreams. Always.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006 08:28:49 PM »

Wow! So cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fudgegirl
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006 08:54:30 PM »

yeah i used contact to make it, then sewed it together. At first i used cotact for the straps too, when i took these pics, but then, as i mentioned, i had a stroke of brilliance and put a whole load of heavy stuff in there. This made the straps rip where i had sewn them onto the bag. i'm going to make some straps out of some material the same colour as the cards eventually. Thanks for looking, and if anyone has questions, go ahead and ask.
 Kiss Fudgegirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zephyr
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006 09:13:11 PM »

Dumb question on my part.. you call it a 'met' bag..so whats a 'met' ? is it like..tickets for public transportation or..? around here we dont have anything like that really. in bigger cities we might have taxis..

looks awesome though! i like how you added a red and a yellow(orangey?) one. what are t he differences in those and the blue ones? and sorry about the straps, thats a bummer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amylooooo

So I says to the guy, I says...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006 09:23:58 PM »

Very cool, you'll be the only girl in town with a metbag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fudgegirl
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006 11:52:57 PM »

Thanks for all the comments everyone, and damn right i'll be the only girl in town with a metbag! I'll probably be the only girl in the whole state! woo hoo for individuality!
Zephyr, don't worry thats not a dumb question. The Met is what the whole public transport system used to be called (now the fancy schmancy name is metlink). And because the tickets to use the system are called metcards, i just shorteded it to my metbag, instead of 'my metcard bag'.
Also, about the different colours... Sometimes when something special is happening, or a good cause is on, the metcards have advertising on them. The red card is about christmas in ths cbd, the orange one above it is about worksafe week (promoting work safety) and the yellow one on the back of the bag is about shelters and housing for homless kids. I also have a Melbourne Commonwealth Games one (it's a nice bright blue with games logos) and a ticket from sydney rai, but i didnt get them in time to put on the bag, and i kind of like the repetitive blueness of it... you have to see it up closer to realise that is made of bus tickets.
Again, thanks for all the love,  Grin Fudgegirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackheathen
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006 10:16:22 AM »

I love it!!!!! Cheesy

Nice touch with it being diagonal on one side and horizontal on the other.

A cool idea would be to swap bus/train cards with craftsters from other states/countries - very easy to post - and then you'd have a really different bag (ie: one that isn't instantly recognisable by fellow commuters)! And if you had all different ones, it might look a bit like postage stamps or paint charts.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."
-Woody Allen
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jon Kolko on How to Create Culturally Relevant Designs
Jon Kolko on How Design Careers Are Changing
Jon Kolko on How Testing Improves Design Programs
Jon Kolko on Career Advice For Young Designers
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...