A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,201
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Coffee/Tea Swap Round 2 Gallery!!!  (Read 19125 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

boywonder

Oh I've got all the courage, I'll ever need.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2006 09:32:23 PM »

I loved all of the items you sent  k8kre8s . I still haven't tried all of the tea yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yamwam
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2006 08:28:22 AM »

Got my swap package from boywonder on Friday and I love everything!

Clockwise from top left: loose teas in wee reusable drawstring bags, neatly ticketed (Peppermint, Spearmint, Bumbleberry, Orange Peoke, Gunpowder); 2 tea strainers; 5 adorable teaspoons, which was my specific request (I'm always running out); a package of organic Koala Krackers; bagged teas, also neatly labelled; a Rate Your Tea booklet; 4 really cool tea-themed coasters. Hurrah!

The mug and mug cozy are in use at the moment but I'll post pictures of them as well later.

Close-up of some of the items, from top left: a Rate Your Tea booklet made from a box of Lipton's tea, complete with little forms for commenting on the teas I've tried; a coaster saying in ransom letters, "While there is tea there is hope"; the 5 spoons, 3 from British Columbia (boywonder's province) and 1 from Saskatchewan; three coasters, saying "Red alert--put the kettle on!", "The perfect temperature for tea is 2 degrees hotter than just right", and "Tea should be taken in solitude".

Thank you so much, boywonder, and I'll get a picture of the mug cozy a little later today!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012 02:17:35 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
macaulkv
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2006 12:26:19 PM »

I received my goodies from the lovely macaulkv!! Thank you so much! Everything is so cool.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26350Coffee_swap_bag_of_coffee.JPG
And all the coffeebeans she packed the box with which I put into a baggy.

Such great stuff! Thanks again Kari!!
(btw, can the beans still be brewed? not quite sure what to do with them haha.)

ooh, i wouldn't brew the beans as they were technically expired coffee from work. that means it's been over 10 days since the beans were roasted. while many people do roast our beans past the expiration date and enjoy a great cup of coffee, i would slip the beans into a paper bag, poke holes in it with a needle and use as a drawer sachet or leave out in a bowl as air freshener.

i'm glad you liked the stuff, i am now going to have to make some of that soap for myself because it smelled soo good when it was cooling!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012 02:22:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2006 05:36:47 PM »

Ok cool, I'll just save them to craft with. =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2006 04:29:47 PM »

it's here....it's here....my cool crafty stuff....

i arrived home to fine a HUGE box sitting on my doorstep....ran inside & tore it open & the wrappings there were a flyin'...lol

inside if found marvelous treasures....2 yellow tea cups with seed starter liners & a pack of basil seeds (i'll think of you in the summer heat as i add chiffonade of basil to my home grown new jersey tomatoes...lol)

an adorable knitted wine bottle corset (to hide the fact that i'm cheap from my guests....lol....not really....)

a box of constant comment took me back to my college days....it was my most favorite drink (besides "green God dammits"....lol)....i have the kettle on to have a cup right after i post...

a cool "blondie" bird feeder with seeds...francie attached buttons on the "hanger"..i adore buttons....sorry birdies....not gonna happen...this is going on my screened in porch....lol

an adorable tea cup stamp....i've been looking for one of these for quite a while....i wanted to make you some stationary....lol

tibetan raspberry & lady grey loose teas with disposable teabags (thanks....those bags should work for lazy me....lol)

a really cook cigar box painted with magnetic paint....with a ton of magnetic words francie made (this is funny....before i came upon the idea of your traveling sewing kit, i was going to make magnetic words to put in the altoid tin....lol)

AND LAST....BUT NOT LEAST....inspired artwork....i adore it....it says MAKE TEA...NOT WAR in scrabble tiles....the background is a kind of funky metallic blue with a tea cup made out of shattered blue/white china....with yellow grout....i love this...we're actually going to do part of our backsplash with the blue/white broken china....this is perfect

this was an awesome, creative package...very well thought out & much appreciated...

thanks francie pants....please post pics.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

francie pants
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2006 06:50:33 PM »

ahhh i'm glad you liked it  Grin  i had a blast putting it together.  i'm now obsessed with making those plant hanger/bird feeders!  thank god the goodwill has butt loads of those feeder poles for the yard.  and i'm glad you like the tea cup picture.  it was my first experiment with grout on canvas.  my poor husband got tired of me saying "does it look cobalt??? its not very cobalt....."  Roll Eyes   i'll also include the picture of the possessed cigar box that decided to unpaint itself at the last minute. 

oh, i never mentioned that this mama is the best gift wrapper i've ever met.  the buttons sewn on the corners of the grocery bag???  so inspired.  and it inspired me to start putting those thrift store buttons to good use.  i think button magents and sunbursts on my clothes might be in order

and here's pretty much to what i woke up to the one day.  the square was gonna be red.  but after i painted the red, let it dry, and then peeled off the tape, the paint literaly curled itself apart.  hence the blotchy rough look to it

and finally, the close up of the 'art' Smiley  i'm gonna do a portait of my dog next Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avian Flight
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2006 11:12:27 PM »

That is one interesting package  Smiley

Bird feeder, buttons, magnetic cigar boxes, and basil seeds! So cool. That birdfeeder is awesome, francie pants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2006 04:28:35 AM »

i couldn't figure out why you were calling it a sexy wine cozy....i have it upside down on my wine bottle....lol

i love all the stuff....trying to find a place for everything this morning....thanks again francie....it was "nice to meet cha"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avian Flight
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2006 07:44:49 PM »

Hi peoples, I've updated the list on the first page of our swap thread. Link here for easy access:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80183.msg752828#msg752828

Please check if your status is correct according to my records. Also, if you are green and your partner is orange, you should have received positive feedback in your profile. If not, just let me know. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
yamwam
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2006 08:26:41 PM »

Thanks again for organizing this great swap, Avian Flight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camera Settings For Panoramic Stitching
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
Photography and the Green Screen
Motion Capture Texturing Tutorial
3D Editing Systems Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...