A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shower Theme Baby Shower  (Read 1095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

solar_jazz
« on: March 15, 2006 07:37:11 AM »

I am planning a couples baby shower for my brother and his fiance. I want to do an actual "shower" theme. I need some help with decorating ideas. I have tons of fun games already. I plan on incorporating umbrellas in this some how, but thats about as far as i have gotten. the shower isnt for 2 months. Any ideas on how i could make "rain" ? any ideas on decorating at all would be greatly appreciated!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goonies never say DIE!!!!!!!
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006 07:55:42 AM »

For rain....perhaps you could find some cool paper or thin plastic (think transperancy sheets..I think they have some in blue) and cut oversized raindrops out of them and attach them to the ceiling with fishing line...or something equally invisible.

As for the umbrellas....I don't know. My first thought was to hang them from the ceiling as well, but that could get quite crowded.

If you have any ceiling lights, you could attach them upside down as a shade...or if you have floor lamps, you could attach them sideways as a shade. I think I have a diagram of this one that I used to show someone for their parasol...yup, here it is.

Um........yeah. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Hope this helps a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006 08:16:52 AM »

Ohhh, sounds like fun...

How a bout little paper unbrellas in cupcakes... or hanging from the ceiling... or have a whole bunch of real umbrellas  grouped together...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

solar_jazz
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006 07:22:50 AM »

i like the idea of the transparent paper rain drops hanging from the ceiling, and the paper umbrellas in cupcakes.......look s like i am off to a good start!!!!!!Thanx a bunch!!!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookem
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006 03:38:05 AM »

what about a little pair of gumboots as a present for the parents?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
c2afwife
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006 02:03:13 PM »

You could get thoes streemer things people hang in doors, get it in blue and hang to look like water falling. Decorate with rubber duckies. Little loofas (or whatever thoes squishy shower things are called Wink) I went to a "shower" and they gave little travel liquid soap with a loofa for favors. Pink soap (like caress) for the girls and a blue kind for the guys. If you need a centerpiece....take a baby bath and fill it with water and put rubber ducks in it floating. OR that could be the punch bowl. Just some ideas off the top of my head....good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
solar_jazz
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006 03:11:38 PM »

wow c2awife!!!! Thanks a bunch!!! I LOVE the bathtub idea AND everything else...........craf tster is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

c2afwife
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006 10:05:14 PM »

oh oh and a cd that sound like rain falling!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitsue43
Conspiracy Theorist.

Gamers unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006 07:34:06 PM »

I heard of a recently created candy that IS bubbles. IT comes with a bubble wand and all. You blow the bubbles and then eat them  Smiley
Sorry that I didn't catch the name, but hopefully you could find a way to incorporate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sora: I've... I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like...Is any of this real... Or not?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Summer Looks For Less Than $100
Putting Together an Easy Bohemian Look
Which Runway Model Inspired Nasty Gal Clothing?
Maternity Dress Fashions for Summer
Do You Dress Like a Hippie?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...