A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kool-Aid jammer coin purse *pics are back with the Tutorial*  (Read 65018 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project , kool_aid  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

afewminutes
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2005 10:21:56 AM »

Could you please send me the instructions?  I'm not a crafty person, but I will try to make these, i love them.  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jademaya

Creative.Real.Artistic.Friendly.Talented.Youthful!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2005 10:53:23 AM »

could i use duct tape to stick them instead? don't think the sewing machine can go through the packet material.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rules are meant to be broken, and not all problems in life are meant to be resolved...That's why we are all here thinking of new ways to transform ordinary everyday items into quirky cool stuff...Rock on! XXOO
mmudd8
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2005 07:43:12 PM »

I have been looking for instructions on how to make the kool-aid jammers purses could you help me out?
Kay
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005 09:51:48 PM »

I will try to explain it the best way that I can. First slit the bottom of your juice pouches and rinse out with warm soapy water. You can let dry overnight or use a paper towel and dry them by hand. Now, take 2 pouches and sew them together side by side overlapping the edges.  Do that again with 2 more pouches. Now, take 1 by itself and place it backside to backside of one of the 2 panels and stitch up the side starting from the top going down leaving about a 1/2 inch un-sewn at the bottom. This should now look like a corner, not overlapped like the 2 that is a panel for the front and back of the purse. Now connect the rest of them together adding another single side panel. You now have 6 pouches sewn together, 2 in front, 2 in back and 1 on each side. Now, you will have to measure carefully and get 2 more pouches and figure out how wide your bottom is now that you have the top sewn. Make sure to leave enough to sew and don't just set the purse on the pouch and cut that way, the bottom will be sewn like the corners so  you will need a tad extra. Once you have cut the 2 pouches almost in half but to equal the bottom width sew them together in the middle overlapping them but make sure you over lap enough but have enought to go to the ends for sewing to the purse.  Now, this is the tricky part. Start with a long side and place bad side to bad side and make flat and sew all around the purse. It will sorta pucker out b/c you are sewing on it making it flat. But, remember when I said not to go all the way down the sides when sewing, this allows for  you to be able to fold up the bottom of the pouches to sew onto the bottom panel. Now for handles I went to Walmart and bought nylon belt type material in the fabric dept. if they are out, you can go to the automotive dept and buy a strapping belt made of the same stuff and I think it is actually cheaper too. Now, I duct taped it down on the inside of the purse once I figured out the length and then stitched it down at the top. I made a lining for mine that hid the duct tape and all. But there is no way I can explain how I did that, way to complicated.  I hope I did not lose  you anywhere and that helps you.  Oh also, on the bottom I sewed them lengthwise sewing them overlapped bottom to bottom instead sewing them side by side.

hope that helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LekaLeka
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2005 09:04:31 PM »

Grin  Looking for the following juice bag instructions: Duffel bag (like they got at uncommongood.com), wallet, coin purse, hobo bag, key chain, wristlet, clutch bag, lunch bag, sandals, and any and all others you may have. I have seen sone made with candy packs and snack packs and small cerial boxes.

If you have any instruction can you send them to me at AAPullins@Yahoo.com

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DTchick
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2005 03:22:41 PM »

could i use duct tape to stick them instead? don't think the sewing machine can go through the packet material.  Huh

I used duct tape for mine. Where she said to sew, I stapled and made sure to cover it with tape. I don't want anyone getting hurt. Here's how they turned out:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
btlgrl
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2005 05:29:23 PM »

Hey I just made a couple of these for my boys!!  Great job!

CJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tadpole
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005 08:22:30 PM »

;)Thanks for telling how to make the purses.  Every where else I went they where just selling them. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fodor
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005 10:54:27 AM »

hELP   WHERE DO I FOUND THE  PATTERN FOR ANY OF THE KOOL-AID PURSES   Sad  FODOR
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty27
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2005 05:22:44 PM »

Dear Lique,

I just found your site through the HGTV message board.  I would love to make one of the Kool aid jammer coin purses, but I need visuals to understand things.  The picures will not come up on on my computer.  I've double clicked on the X where the pictures are suppose to be, and also right clicked and clicked on show pictures, but nothing happens.  Everyone else seems to have brought up your pictures, why can't I?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,  27crafty2
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easter Brownie Nests
Lightened-Up Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
How to Bake Raisin Scones
How to Bake Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
7 Easy-to-Make Yogurt Snacks That Taste Like Dessert
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...