A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabulous Cinderella VHS purse - Tutorial Added!  (Read 8950 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss American Pie
« on: March 14, 2006 08:01:18 PM »

I made this cute little purse out of the box from an old Cinderella tape. It's lined with material from an old pillowcase and decorated with some old ribbon and lace I had lying around.

Front-

Back-

Inside-

There's only enough room for the essentials- phone, keys, duck-tape wallet. It's so cool though, and it was really easy to make.

Can I enter it in the "Nifty Thrifty Challenge" on the completed projects forum even though its a re-con?

-Tutorial-

I'll try to make this as clear and detailed as I can...

1.) Find a vhs box from an awesome movie (preferably Disney because their boxes are so neat).

2.) Sew a lining. Their are five pieces. The two big rectangles are the same size as the inside of the rim on the box plus an inch or so for the hem on top. The trapazoid-ish pieces are 2 1/2 inches on the bottom and about 5 inches on the top (about 6cm and 12cm for metric craftsers). The angular sides are the same length as the side of the big rectangle (don't forget to leave room for the hem on top). The narrow rectangle on the bottom is 2 1/2 inches wide, and the same length as the side rectangles (about 7 1/2 inches, but you're better off basing your measurements on your box). Hem the top of the two trapezoids and two side rectangles to fit in box. Sew all the pieces right-sides together. Check to make sure your lining fits your box.

3.) Plug in your hot-glue gun (If you don't have a hot glue gun, go buy one cause they rock). While it's warming up, pick out some awesome lace, ribbon, rick-rack, etc. for straps and decoration. Mark where you will put the handles (I measured so they wouldn't be crooked).

4.) When the glue gun is ready (mine takes a long time!) glue your lining in around the edges just inside the rim. Make sure you can still open and close the box, but then leave it open for a minute or so to let it dry.

5.) Keep that glue gun hot though, cause you're still gonna need it! When the lining is dry, close the box and glue your handles on. Next, get all your ribbon, lace and trimmings and just go to town with that hot glue-gun!

6.) Take your purse to parties and let everybody envy your incredible taste in fashion. Don't overestimate how much stuff you can fit in it though. It's quite small. Enjoy! If something's unclear, just ask!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006 07:17:00 PM by Miss American Pie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

daydreamer
Dream dreams. Always.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006 10:13:25 PM »

What a cutie of a purse!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quincy134
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006 05:10:29 AM »

Great job!  It looks very well made. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

popandfresh04
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006 03:37:10 PM »

coul you possibly post a tutorial? prettyy please!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006 05:07:39 PM »

I love it also. I was going to throw out a Cat in the Hat VHS box, but thought this could be a purse! I'd also like a tute. Cinderella is my favorite Disney movie btw.  Smiley d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006 05:12:51 PM »

That is super cute! Nice touch with the trim. I have to go hunt through my vhs collection now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

echoglow
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006 12:17:10 AM »

this is great, thanks for the tute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leia214
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006 11:04:47 AM »

Great idea!!! I've avoided throwing out my VHS tape cases when I upgraded my movies to DVD - now I know what to do with some of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocolate_luvver

IT'S CHOCOTASTIC! =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006 09:17:56 AM »

wow totally awesome i have a ton of those disney vhs tape thing lying around so cool
 Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poseursteph
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006 02:47:37 PM »

Smiley this is so neat! I work in a video store....I can feel the ideas coming already....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Scarf
How to Crochet a Flower
How to Crochet a Bag
How to Crochet a Beanie
How to Crochet a Baby Blanket
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...