A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,204
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Creative ways to display photographs?  (Read 1763 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlwhirl
« on: March 14, 2006 07:52:56 PM »

So I have lots of pictures, but how exactly do I display them in a creative, ORIGINAL way? Note: I have lots, so the picture frame idea won't exactly fly. I don't want it to be too sloppy either. Wink Though I could collage them, I'd like something a bit more than just collaging... and I still wouldn't know how to display them. Ideas? Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006 08:19:39 PM »

cheap small ladders that you can tape them to
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006 08:35:55 PM »

A cork board or foam core with ribbons  in a lattice oatern & slip pics under the ribbons. easy to chang out too.    http://supermyrtle.250free.com/board.jpg   
or use clamp type paper clips to hange on a cord string across the wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeepers
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006 08:43:49 PM »

I saw the coolest thing in a restaurant the other day.  They had all these photos attached to the wall, then they just put up a big piece of clear plexiglass over the whole thing!   I don't think plexi is that expensive either.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

find what you love
love what you find
courtlet
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006 10:12:57 AM »

Dunno if you still need ideas...but here's one my friend put together for me.

He took a long strip of wood, painted it black and screwed on those black paper clip type o things at random intervals.  You can then clip the individual photos up and there isn't any need for tons of holes in your walls. Just tack the strip onto the wall on both ends. It's really light so it doesn't need a lot.

He made me both vertical and horizontal strips...it looks pretty cool if I might say so myself.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ajjones
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006 02:50:57 AM »

a friend of mine had the cutest way of displaying her snapshots. She took two eyescrews, screwed them into the wall about four feet apart, strung string between the two, and used clothes pins to pin the photos to the string. you could make them just about any distance apart, and it reduces the damage to the wall as well as the photos
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jelly.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006 02:54:52 AM »

I've got an old bamboo blind that I found on the side of the road, hung it on my wall, and put paperclips between some of the slats, and then just sat the photos in the paperclips.  looks good, and doesnt damage the wall(apart from 2 nails at the top) or the photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kissjacksparrow

Love all. Live free

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006 04:46:31 PM »

A cork board or foam core with ribbons  in a lattice oatern & slip pics under the ribbons. easy to chang out too.    http://supermyrtle.250free.com/board.jpg   
or use clamp type paper clips to hange on a cord string across the wall.

i made one of these with foam core, it looked cool, but it was a real piece of crap.  i don't remember were i got the directions to make it, but they said to just used tacks - the didn't stay, then i used glue to put the tacks back in, didn't hold very long either, then i tried staples, and that didn't last long either - now my foamcore has about had it.  next time i would use cork, or maybe even a harderwood and really attach those ribbon on hardcore
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006 09:53:55 PM »

i made one of these with foam core, it looked cool, but it was a real piece of crap.  i don't remember were i got the directions to make it, but they said to just used tacks - the didn't stay, then i used glue to put the tacks back in, didn't hold very long either, then i tried staples, and that didn't last long either - now my foamcore has about had it.  next time i would use cork, or maybe even a harderwood and really attach those ribbon on hardcore
[/quote]
cork works real well if you can get it solid and thick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
How to Make Chicken & Beef Lo Mein
Shrimp Curry Recipe
Vegetarian Saag Aloo Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...