A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,121
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: AUSSIE/NEWZEALAND EASTER SWAP (signupCLOSED send 10/4/06)  (Read 3914 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 14, 2006 07:20:28 PM »

Swap name: AUSSIE/NEWZEALAND EASTER SWAP

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: cyndiq

Sign-up date range: 14th March till 21 th March 2006

Date to send item by: 10 th April  (express package) or earlier by regular mail if your partner agrees.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Non-Aussie/Newzealand participants allowed? Sorry keeping postage down so this time aussie/newzealand crafsters only. Please state if you are prepared to post out of your own  country, ie from aussie to nz or vice versa.

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages, but ask your parents first!

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:  Celebrate easter with this yummy swap on a budget. Basically each swapper, makes a cute chocolately themed gift for easter - like a cute coin purse/pouch (6 inch by 6inch max, 3 inch by 3 inch smallest) or use a decoupaged gift box/basket etc and fills it with yummy easter treats that their partner likes and has on their list. Only one other gift/ crafty goodness that is chocolatey themed is to  be included. eg.bookmark, earings, chocolate lip gloss etc If you and your partner want to skip this, thats ok too, just agree and make sure each is aware of the decision.

The budget for this swap is to be between $10-12 max, that way we all know you will send and recieve a fair swap.

Effort in making crafty easter pouch/ packaging and presentation  is the crafty part of this swap.

Postage should be by express bag in Australia as this allows tracking of the bag etc in the post and means the person will recieve for easter. Anyone sending to newzealand should find out how long and ship earlier to let your partner recieve for easter. ie if it takes 2 weeks send it earlier. Plese use fast airmail preferably. Please if possible. photograph the reciepts etc to prove you sent if there is a problem.

Ideas for pouches could be as simple as chocolate saying pouch, chocolate picture (stencil/transfer/recycle wraps) pouch, chocoholic survival kit pouch, chocolate monster purse etc. Use your imagination, and make something nice you would be happy to recieve yourself.

Additionally, I'm using some of PinkMafia's rules:

1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

2. You must post on this thread. A simple I'm in! or whatever will suffice. This is so I'm certain you get all messages.

3. I will be giving feedback in the following way:

great swapper- for those who follow all the rules.
Did not thank partner or pm organizer when package was received- for those with bad manners
Poor communication- if you don't respond to my pm's but have been logging on to craftster
Shipped Late (w/ poor communication, or if over 1 week late w/ or w/out communication)

5. Please put "AUSSIE/NZ EASTER SWAP" in the title of all PM's ( I get lots so and sometimes it gets confusing.)

6. Please make an item that you would like to receive. Do some research on your partner.

7. Please use bubble wrap in  your package, to avoid breakages. Please save your receipt and express bag label, this is proof you shipped. You will not be given credit as shipped if you don't have the receipt and will receive negative feedback.

8. You must PM me on the 1st of April  on your progress, this will help people avoid flaking. If you have any concerns or questions, pm me rather than just dropping out. If you and your partner have problems let me know so we can organize something. This is a nice easy and friendly swap, keep it simple and enjoy the fun of recieving an easter treat from a crafster swapper. I will pm you all with a reminder on the 6th-7th April to check on your progress, if you are going to be late you need to tell me prior to the final send out date.  Please Pm me to confirm you have posted on the 10th April.  If i do not hear from you, you will likely recieve negative feedback for poor communication. Lets make this a flake free and fun swap.

9.  Please just send the easter chocolate treats and maybe one small chocolatey craft item eg, bookmark, earings etc at the most.  Discuss this with your partner first, we dont want to stress anyone out, this is a nice easy swap, especially great for first swappers.   

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country.
What's your favorite easter/chocolatey treat(s)?
What small chocolatey themed crafty item can you make (please list thing you can do well):
What would you like to receive? List a choice of preferences, but only 1 small item to be sent.
Favorite colors/patterns/textures/materials, etc.
Anything else to add:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

cyndiq
emmaline
SaraM
Ralph
ElvenOne
qazicat
jane feebles
twelvety

ok here are the partners, have fun.....

twelvety <------> emmaline = both sent both recieved

qazicat <-------->ralph = both sent + both recieved.

SaraM  <--------->jane feebles  = both sent + both recieved

ElvenOne <----> cyndiq = cyndi sent Elvenone sent but parcel missing in post, so resending + ElvenOne recievednow both recieved

thanks everyone who joined,  this was a fun swap.  SWAP NOW CLOSED cyndi
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006 07:41:55 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

emmaline
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006 02:40:40 PM »

I'm most definitely in!
Does the pouch have to be chocolate themed? Sorry if thats a stupid question!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006 04:32:45 PM by emmaline » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006 05:48:33 PM »

just see what  your partner wants, but thats what i was envisioning, i would love a chocolate monster pouch if anyone out there makes them please join. i embroider and was thinking chocolate or bunnys etc what are your ideas emmaline?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emmaline
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006 06:09:23 PM »

that sounds great to me!
yeah i was thinking appliques of like a chick or something?
not toooo eastery but still in the vein of it?
lets hope people get joining!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
SaraM
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006 07:00:26 PM »

Count me in! I love chocolate and Easter and have some spare time up my sleeve Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pocketlint

hang on to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006 08:58:43 PM »

Damnit, I've already signed up for my first swap so I'll have to sit out of this one. I'll keep an eye on it though, and as I said in the other thread, I'm definitely interested in more aussie/nz swaps in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we need is a little more hope, a little more joy. All we need is a little more light, a little less weight, a little more freedom.

Crafty bio + wish list

addicted to wist lists? here's mine
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006 10:18:03 PM »

I just sent my details, this should be fun!

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006 06:41:26 AM »

thanks for joining in SaraM and Ralph.
Hope we get some more people soon.
I am dreaming of a fluffy brown monster purse lol....I should learn and make the kids one for a suprise, or maybe a fluffy yellow chicky purse lol or fluffy bunny purse lol....
cyndi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaraM
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006 01:58:14 PM »

I think anything fluffy is a must for easter! mmm fluffy purse lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006 08:37:58 PM »

New thought: exactly what size should our coin purse/box-thing be? To me a coin puse is tiny and you wouldn't fit much in it, is there some sort of size/standard we could/should all agree on?

Thanks,
-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Pie Dough Recipe With Lard
How to Make New Orleans Gumbo
Back to School Lunch Ideas For Kids
Sneak Peek at Wild New Four Seasons Resort Restaurant
Mixed Kale and Collard Chicken Caesar Salad With Cornbread Croutons
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...