A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Easy Awesomely Wicked Pumpkin Muffins With Pic (taste like pumpkin pie)  (Read 2857 times)
Tags for this thread: muffin , pumpkin , recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovelyislacey
« on: March 14, 2006 02:01:13 PM »

These are really good I just made my first batch. I am not a big fan of boxed cake mixes ( I am more of a I can make homemade just as easy kinda girl) but this recipe I like. I found it today on some site and decided to make them. Anyway here is how to make them, they are soooooo easy and delish.

Super Easy Awesomely Wicked Pumpkin Muffins

1 Box Spice Cake Mix ( I used Duncan Hines brand)
1 (15-oz) can Pumpkin (not to be mistaken with canned pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 Cup water

Mix together all ingredients. Fill each muffin cup about half-way with batter and bake at 350 for about 18-25 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes.

These are super moist and yummy! I have calculated these to be about 98 calories per cupcake for anyone who cares about calories. Cheesy

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/lovelyislacey/HPIM0408.jpg
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011 05:11:19 AM by TroubleT - Reason: edited broken picture link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006 05:27:15 PM »

Y-UM! I am so making these this week Wink Thanks for sharing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006 05:35:22 PM »

sounds so yummy! I'll definitely have to try them sometime  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyislacey
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006 05:14:31 AM »

Y-UM! I am so making these this week Wink Thanks for sharing!!
sounds so yummy! I'll definitely have to try them sometime  Smiley

You both should make them they are really good. I am gonna have some for breakfast today. I am glad I tried them since I dont usually make box mixes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006 03:23:44 PM »

It is an awesome recipe. I made some a while back using chocolate cake mix, the pumpkin can and a cup of hot water. I topped it off with a glaze made with liqueur-soaked currants, powdered sugar and more liqueur. Pretty yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyislacey
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006 05:31:45 PM »

The site where I got the recipe from also said you could use chocolate cake mix. I was not sure I would like the pumpkin and chocolate mix. I may have to give it a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imdee
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006 09:01:21 PM »

I just finished making these.  Wow!  They are soooo good.  It took me longer to find my neglected muffin pan than it did to make the muffins.  I was a little leery about how they would turn out with no eggs in the recipe, but they were perfect.  The chocolate ones sound interesting.  If anyone makes them, tell us how they turn out. 

Oops, I just read back and saw that CraftyChef made the chocolate ones.  Maybe I'll try those next.  Anything chocolate must be good. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006 09:05:02 PM by Imdee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyislacey
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006 07:05:44 AM »

Imdee I am glad you liked them. I was a little unsure also when I started out but I am so glad I made them they are my new favorite muffins
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006 07:25:37 AM »

I was a little leery about how they would turn out with no eggs in the recipe, but they were perfect. 

Pumpkin is kind of like applesauce--it can be used in place of oil, eggs and/or shortening/butter, with the right ratios.  It just doesn't give the lift of eggs!

My mom's old 70s diet cookbooks come in handy... the recipes pretty much all taste like crap, but they have good tips.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006 10:42:09 PM »

I made these tonight, but with a few changes (to go with what I had on hand). I used a butter pecan cake mix, and made a loaf cake of it. Very good, a bit sweet for me (so next time I will use a different cake mix). Also, my oven is crap, getting a new one of Monday, so it took 2 hours to fully bake (yup, insted of 1/2 hour, 2 full hours, and it's still a little soft inside, lol). But really good, and I will be making it again Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sarah Jessica Parker Launching Shoe Collection With Manolo Blahnik
Learn to Fold Your Tee Perfectly Every Time
Pretty Savvy: Graphic Tee
How to Choose Retro Clothes
Show Off Your Curves With Confidence!
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...