A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
815 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ladylike Lace Gloves- help please!  (Read 13184 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mk_carroll
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006 07:46:44 PM »

Thanks Deb!  Dang, that was quick!  Here's the handwritten chart I did, if it helps.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/mizunablog/clusterlace.jpg
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 07:29:55 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
primashonna

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep... he waits...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006 02:09:16 PM »

Alright... I'm a little confused again...
On row 36... I'm not even sure what to ask... the whole row confuses me....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-red
"we're talking to phil collins's people... but then again, aren't we all?" (hedwig and the angry inch)

"of course, the bob loblaw law blog... you, sir, are a mouthfull!" (arrested development)

www.shonnamceachern .com
mk_carroll
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006 12:17:15 AM »

Alright... I'm a little confused again...
On row 36... I'm not even sure what to ask... the whole row confuses me....

Okay, you are chaining out into space again.   From where you ended with Row 35, work a chain of 14 sts.  You will need one of those chains for the turning, so you skip the chain closest to the hook and single crochet back down the new foundation chain you've just made (13 sc done).  You should now be back to where you finished Row 35.  Those stitches you skipped in Row 35?  You are going to start working them now (like finishing up short rows), like you did in Row 33.  If it helps, ignore "working in rem sts in row 34" - you just need to work the 13 sc into the foundation chain, then a sc into the back loop of the next st, which is how you wind up with a total of 14 sts. 

When you get to row 38, you may need to break it into smaller chunks - the long bit about "working first sc in back lp of next st" through to ""first free sc 3 rows below" is in reference to how you will work the sc2tog.  The point here is about not having a hole (in knitting, this would be the part of the short row where you pick up and knit the wrap with the stitch). 

I have got to get a schematic up for this.  I think it would start to make more sense if you could see what you are supposed to be winding up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_white_stripe_
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006 03:49:55 PM »

yeah so, when you are doing the chain, should you be chaining on the end with the thumb or near the end without the thumb?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mk_carroll
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006 11:39:38 PM »

yeah so, when you are doing the chain, should you be chaining on the end with the thumb or near the end without the thumb?

The end with the thumb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mk_carroll
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006 12:09:30 AM »

A picture is worth a thousand words: here's a nearly completed glove, done in two colors so you can see the different sections easily.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/mizunablog/llglove.jpg
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 07:30:08 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayleigh_a

yarncraft 4 life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006 12:38:35 PM »

That photo was soooo amazingly helpful!!! I went OH I GET IT NOW... I just wanted to point out to anyone doing this project that when the pattern says to sc into a cluster, you should make sure you get all the little yarns that are hanging down, otherwise the lace doesn't work out. I'm probably the only person in the world that wouldn't just follow the simple directions, but thought I'd throw that out there so no one else has half a glove that looks kind of funky but will be worn lovingly as soon as I finish it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gyouko
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006 08:39:04 PM »

Sorry for bringing back up an old-ish topic but I don't think I should start a new one.  I don't think anyone else is having a problem with this part (I'm just really dumb) but I'm terribly stuck on row 21 of the thumb.  ...........I don't really know what to ask exactly.  I'm just stuck.  : |  I probably just need someone to slap me in the face and reword it or explain it to me.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mk_carroll
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006 09:01:38 PM »

I'm terribly stuck on row 21 of the thumb.  ...........I don't really know what to ask exactly.  I'm just stuck. 
Okay, let's use the photo posted earlier in this thread.  You "read" this from bottom to top, because you start with the back of the hand and work your way up.  See where the back (in mint green) ends?  That's row 20, where you don't crochet all the way to the end of the row.  You just stop.  With row 21, you are starting the part of the thumb that separates from the rest of the hand, which is why you chain out into space and then start working back down that chain (like you do with a foundation chain), and then into the part of the back of the hand that you worked on in row 20. 

Is that making any more sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gyouko
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006 03:37:15 PM »

I'm terribly stuck on row 21 of the thumb.  ...........I don't really know what to ask exactly.  I'm just stuck. 
Okay, let's use the photo posted earlier in this thread.  You "read" this from bottom to top, because you start with the back of the hand and work your way up.  See where the back (in mint green) ends?  That's row 20, where you don't crochet all the way to the end of the row.  You just stop.  With row 21, you are starting the part of the thumb that separates from the rest of the hand, which is why you chain out into space and then start working back down that chain (like you do with a foundation chain), and then into the part of the back of the hand that you worked on in row 20. 

Is that making any more sense?
Ohhhkay, I think I get it now.  It was the chaining out into space part & then getting back down to sc into the rest of row 19 that I was having trouble with.  So, after row 20, I don't turn?  Or do I?
okok, I've got it!  I'm well on my way on thumb now. : D  Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006 05:18:35 PM by gyouko » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pork Tenderloin
How to Make American Sushi
How to Make a Roasted Aphrodisiac Chicken
How to Make Turkey Meatballs
How to Make Bannock Bread
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...