A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ladylike Lace Gloves- help please!  (Read 13476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mk_carroll
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006 08:53:07 PM »

I used 4ply wool and a slightl smaller hoolk ( 3.50mm)
I have to ask.  Did you do a gauge swatch?  Even if you are just half a stitch per inch/4 cms off, that can throw your size way, way off.  You can read more about gauge in the book.

In the US, wools are no longer sized by plys because of the huge variance.  The Craft Yarn Council of America has the US Standard Weight System as a guideline.  Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock is a #1 superfine yarn.  Comparable yarns you may be able to find in the UK:
Rowan 4-ply Soft, Lucy Neatby sock yarn, Opal sock yarn, Regia sock yarn, and Lang Jawoll sock yarn. 

Keep in mind that the hook size is a *recommendation* and what matters is which hook gets you the proper gauge.  Don't forget to wash and dry the gauge swatch before measuring! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettycrackpot

just chillin' with some hookers.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007 05:24:36 PM »

ok...i am on the thumb shaping row 21....it says to crochet into the 19th row?Huh? im so confused......... Undecided any help is apperciated! thanks in advance!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter are stronger. ~Coco Chanel
moonshae
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008 10:09:10 PM »

ok...i am on the thumb shaping row 21....it says to crochet into the 19th row?Huh? im so confused......... Undecided any help is apperciated! thanks in advance!!!

I just got to this bit too.... Very confusing puh-lease help! I thought I was going so well Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Paceberly
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009 05:57:15 PM »

OK I know this is super old but I really need help Row 38 How do you end up with 26 sc? I must be doing something wrong
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bookaholic
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010 04:48:12 PM »

Finished my first glove after a week of hard work and its enormous! I used 4ply wool and a slightl smaller hoolk ( 3.50mm) so not sure what happened there  Undecided tried it on and it is about two times the size of my hand and I dont think I have particularly freakishly small hands! even my boyf tried it on and it was enormous! Might have to give up on this project  Embarrassed
That happened to me too! I have to admit I didn't do a swatch, but after I had one ginormous glove I DID do a swatch, and the gauge was waaaay off. I had to adapt the pattern to fit my hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Patterns at http://www.ravelry.com/people/bookaholic
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unearthing The Work Of A Secret Nanny Photographer
How to Shoot Food Photos Like a Pro
Me And My Mannequin Husband
Stunning Time-Lapse Video of the Milky Way
Ends of the Earth Photography: A Photographer Follows Her Passion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...