A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new to board, in fort worth, having a craft-induced meltdown  (Read 1813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fractalash
« on: June 30, 2004 09:06:46 AM »

whoa.

what an overwhelming experience to find this board. what was a quick check o' the net for local crafting guilds has turned into a whirling mental vortex of interest in long unfinished projects and new ideas. most cool, this mecca of marvelous craftiness.

i'm in downtown-ish for worth. i'm into all kinds of crafty crap... mostly math into art, fractals into quilts and cross stitch and stuff and reuse of materials and such.

would like to swap stuff and ideas. would like to meet folks doing cross stitch and quilting so i can improve my skillsets. other moms with kids who want to gather during the day so the kids can play whilst we craft, even better.

please, email, post, or ping. rock on. ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what?!?! you want to trade me some cool stuff for all this extra fabric i have??
http://www.craftster.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1745&sort=1&cat=21&page=1

oh yeah - come hang with us DFW crafty types!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.0
squaretangle
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004 02:10:29 PM »

Hi fractalash!

We have a SnB group in Dallas I'm not sure if there's one in Funkytown.  Check out the Dallas SnB tab.  I love out group even though I only attended the first session, but I want to do other types of crafts as well not just knitting, ya know.  But check out that Dallas tab, Skittermagoo is AWESOME!  She organizes the meetings and keeps everyone in the loop.

Anyway, I would love to join a craft group!  In fact I would love to start one however I would never have time, I'm a mommy too.  So that's why I haven't even posted.  Smiley 

I love all types of crafting! 

XOXO
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams
youhurrywonder
you are the music

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004 06:29:31 PM »

hi. i am new to the board as well, in fort worth, and having all kinds of meltdowns. i don't know of any crafty groups around here.  i would enjoy getting together with a group of likeminded people as well.  i am am mom to a 3 year old boy. i love any kind of crafty anything. 

maybe we could get something together. i dont have a lot of time either... gah. it sounds like fun though. 
email me if you want and we can maybe get it started.
xoxo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004 06:37:00 PM by youhurrywonder » THIS ROCKS   Logged

you arm your face with the cruellest eyes...
gwensmom
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004 06:40:06 PM »

I'm not from Texas but I would love to see some pictures of your fractal quilts if you have any. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squaretangle
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004 01:22:42 PM »

Hi Gals!

Maybe we can start something together and call ourselves the "Mamasitas of Craft" or something like that.  I can help with anything just let me know.  Smiley

Chau,
Lety
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams
skittermagoo
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004 01:11:58 PM »

But check out that Dallas tab, Skittermagoo is AWESOME!  She organizes the meetings and keeps everyone in the loop

Awwww, thanks!  <blush> 

Stitch-n-Bitch Dallas meets twice a month -- the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month -- from 2:30-5:30pm, location varies.  email address for getting on the list is dallasknitting@msn.com; there is also a website: http://stitchnbitchdallas.blogspot.com/

Cheers, y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please check out my new blog site:  www.skittermagoo.co m
OurJuliet
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005 11:16:52 PM »

I'm specifically looking for a sewing group in Ft. Worth where everyone makes a new clothing item each time...especially geared towards children's clothing!  If anyone knows of any, I'd love to know of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PJ
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005 02:09:04 PM »

Hi, I just joined today, and I'm in Ft Worth too.  Smiley

Are there any Ft Worth SNB's out there?  So far I've only found them in Dallas. Huh

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!" --Homer Simpson

http://www.pajamamonologues.com/wpblog
McJulie-O
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005 11:31:41 AM »

Have got a daughter in West Ft. Worth with a 2 year old who might be interested (apart from naptime  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clipper Cut - Ivan Zoot Clipper Cut Technique
Layered Haircut: How to Style Layered Hair (Hair Cutting Tips)
Lauren Conrad Hair Tutorial Part 2: Easy Evening Updo
Lauren Conrad Daytime Braided Hair Tutorial
A Solution For Different Hair Types
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...