A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: T-shirt quilt!  (Read 19144 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006 05:39:59 AM »

this  is  realy  cool.  is  it  very heavy???  looks  nice and  long too.....   great  job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006 06:56:43 AM »

Great job. I made myself a quilt like that before, and my t-shirt collection is getting so big I may need to make another one. Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
vw69
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006 10:38:20 AM »

I have been wanting to make one of these and use all my old concert tshirts. You have motivated me to get it done...now I just need to get one of my sewing machines working.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marie_antoinette

I <3 Lon Chaney Sr.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006 04:26:38 PM »

Haha, this is wonderful!  My boyfriend has a bunch of t-shirts, and so he attempted to make a t-shirt quilt a long time ago.  Needless to say, he only got halfway through before he accidently sewed through his thumb.  Hehe...he was fine, but scared to sew anymore so I had to finish it.  It didn't come out half as nice as yours so after seeing this post, I've been inspired to possibly redo it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
br0ken_11
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006 03:20:17 PM »

QUISP!!  Cheesy

This made my day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can tell by the state of my room that they let me out to soon,
and that the pills that i ate came a couple days too late...

//Dresden Dolls x
JenDiggityDirt
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006 04:02:28 PM »

I've always wanted to do one of these! I actually have a bag that old t-shirts I can't bear to throw away, but that might look great on The Quilt, go into. Some would make cute pillows, too. I have only had my little sewing machine for a year or so. I can't do much on it, but I think I may be ready to tackle sewing some squares together to make something pretty nifty. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Since when is it a disaster if the "S" on your cape is a little frayed?" - Waitresses
corzanna
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006 09:43:06 AM »

I did that once, and I probably will make another someday. I had all these t-shirts from events and shows and vacations, and I held on to them because of "the memories," even though I NEVER wore them. So I did what you did, except since the designs were all different sizes, I cut out whatever I wanted, and laid it out on the floor, somehow hidden from my mother (I was supposed to be cleaning), filled in the empty spots with extra fabric, and backed it with pink fleece. I never used pins, so i am wondering how i did it.

Sigh, those were the days. I'm telling a story like someone will read it, but I'm really just like old people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corri loves you!
indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006 06:23:21 PM »

Very, very cool - I've had this idea in the back of my mind but honestly seeing your quilt (which I just showed to my husband) has totally inspired me. He has plastic bins from his rock tours, other bands, record company, concerts, events, comic book stuff, etc from the 80's until now. He just cannot part with them and yet they are all stained or way, WAY too small now. He lately has said he HAS to save them for our 1 year old daughter so she won't wasted money buying vintage alt rock and new wave tees on E-bay when she is a teen. ; )

Thanks again for the inspiration. I'll post my photo when I get it completed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
diy4life

"Great northern beans!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006 03:15:34 PM »

That's so cute!!! I love anything that invovles old t-shirts!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear, cuz thats just who i am this week..."
Porkula

You're rad. But so am I.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006 12:58:00 AM »

Oh my jesus.

That is too cute... and cozy. I could go for some sleep with one of them right now. And you really can't tell that the squares don't match up unless you point it out AND spend too much time looking. I love the Elroy patch... I'm definitely collecting any old T-shirts now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jordan
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Lampanelli is Funny
Mark Palmer and Scott Solder Talks About You Need This Book
Lucy Hawking Reveals Who She Admires Most
Cassandra Clare in Bryant Park Reading Room
American Subversive Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...