A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe swap-(**discuss round 7: bottom pg 70)  (Read 69745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2006 10:30:24 AM »

maybe we should do a Christmas (or Winter) gift sweat shop swap... or maybe we could do devilninny's " shop the sweat shop" swap, where we could list all the things we have done or will do, and maybe limit it to like 5 (I don't know why I'm stuck on the number 5!)... and then our partners can pick...

Sounds wonderful!!  So we'd do this in Nov??  And this time it would only be 5 max?  Just wondering cause I've been working on some bling, bling rings too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2006 02:25:59 PM »

I'm liking the "Shop the Swap" idea.  So are we looking at November?   I've been working on some cute Snowman, Santa and Xmas Tree Ornaments for the Xmas Tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 24, 2006 02:53:02 PM »

I'm always amazed at how quickly the threads for this swap move!  Smiley  I'm thinking of doing fall/Thanksgiving "hostess" aprons for the next round, if that's not "too big" to qualify as medium.  (They're half-length, more for serving cocktails than protecting your clothes while cooking!)

And some sort of recycled-men's-suit pouch.  I've been buying a lot of men's suits when thrifting, recently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #413 on: August 24, 2006 03:36:50 PM »

WOW! you guys are coming up with some good ideas!

I'm liking the "Shop the Swap" idea.  So are we looking at November?   I've been working on some cute Snowman, Santa and Xmas Tree Ornaments for the Xmas Tree.
I think this could even be in October? Round 4 send outs are around the end of Sept, so we could start the 'shop the sweat shop' swap in Early October to send outs maybe the first week of November. THen maybe we can even think about a low pressure ornament or winter themed swap to go through November and send outs in December? Am I pushing it? Does everyone get too busy around the holidays? I am going to be making ornaments any way, so it would be no 'sweat' for me...

Sounds wonderful!!  So we'd do this in Nov??  And this time it would only be 5 max?  Just wondering cause I've been working on some bling, bling rings too.  Smiley

I think the numbers will be the same, 5 items to send out. I think the number of items to offer should also stay around 5 (maybe we don't need to make a limit but rather a minimum?). BUT we can still put our name in the hat twice, so sending out 10 items. Is everyone following this?

I think this is the best idea to run through the sweat shop so far! (Thanks to devilninny!) I am thinking of the things I missed in the last rounds, and the things that might show up (If we can figure out how to explain it enough to entice someone new Smiley ). I was originally thinking about gifts for Christmas and what not, but there were so many things I wanted for ME, that I might end up ordering an extra at the same time...oooo... business at the same time, I like the sound of that!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #414 on: August 24, 2006 03:40:59 PM »

im so excited about all the ideas thrown around...ok im trying to concentrate!

i think that the schedule javastain mentioned works for me!  i am thinking of what i want to offer re-dos of for the next NEXT round (haha) and also what i want to do for the winter one (i have an idea!)

i like a minimum of five with the limit being dependant on how many people sign up.  ]

i thought i had more to say... Huh...oh well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 24, 2006 05:03:11 PM »

Sounds good to me Java!  I'm so addicted to this swap that I'll do anything...anything I say!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2006 05:37:22 PM »

sat down today and cut bats (8 teal, 6 purple) but discovered my black wool felt got "re-purposed" by my other half (sigh) so I have to go buy a yard...

need to hunt up some prettier cotton fabric for "shop the swap" pouches and maybe some beads and wire for drink markers...

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
cinderly

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 24, 2006 06:32:37 PM »

I think the numbers will be the same, 5 items to send out. I think the number of items to offer should also stay around 5 (maybe we don't need to make a limit but rather a minimum?). BUT we can still put our name in the hat twice, so sending out 10 items. Is everyone following this?

I'm confused.  (It happens a fair lot, though!)  For "Shop the Swap" -- do people post wishlists when they sign up or do we sign up and say, "Here are the things I've made ... plus a few ..." or is it something else entirely?

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #418 on: August 24, 2006 06:38:49 PM »

I'm confused.  (It happens a fair lot, though!)  For "Shop the Swap" -- do people post wishlists when they sign up or do we sign up and say, "Here are the things I've made ... plus a few ..." or is it something else entirely?

Huh

Yes! Please explain.  I'll be new in this swap and I don't think I understood the system that is in place right now.  Even though the sign ups haven't even started, should I be crafting already?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderly

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2006 07:01:54 PM »

Even though the sign ups haven't even started, should I be crafting already?

For the upcoming round, at least, you don't have to, but you certainly can be!  I'm hoping to get started on my R4 offerings in the next week or so.  I'll likely have everything cut out, at a minimum, by the end of sign-ups.  Smiley

Does that help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Posing Tips for a Great Profile Picture
Boxee Co-Founder Idan Cohen on What He Learned from Photography
Shaun White Photo Behind the Scenes
Eight Young Artists Pose for a Photo By Ryan McNamara
Sacred Angkor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...