A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 95
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe swap-(**discuss round 7: bottom pg 70)  (Read 69764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 12, 2006 05:02:03 PM »

Ok, so I had this idea, what if we could make a 'batch' of the same thing, and send it to ten people. Like lip gloss, or a bundle of cards, or crocheted flowers, or barrettes, or altoid tin remakes, or bake cookies, or whatever you can offer.... and then we send to 10 people and then 10 people send to us? We could make it 5 or 8 or whatever... we could limit it to 10 people or we could match it up... does this sound like I'm nuts? I think this could work out very well, I am always wanting to join a swap, but I get stumped on what to make in a theme sometimes, this time we are free to make what inspires us, and what we can do well, in bulk! Just a quick project, something that will only take a couple/few hours to make ten of... I like to get my stuff out and power craft, and then put it all away before someone chokes on something! Whaddiya think?

My mom and I used to make and sell Hemp dishclothes to sell at a local shop, and we used to call it the 'sweat shoppe' when we were on the couch with hemp flying!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007 03:26:18 PM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
verycrafty
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006 05:09:59 AM »

cool! except for shipping and stuff cause then that could rack up in price. but it would be cool to see the stuff you get
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006 07:21:48 AM »

Yea, I was thinking about that, that's kinda why I thought maybe only 5 of something would work better, but it would be cool to get a bunch of different little things for the one style of thing you do! I hope someone else has a suggestion too, I'd like to figure this one out! I think it would be really a lit of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
verycrafty
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006 08:38:24 AM »

I dont have any suggestions but I would definately consider this swap! Its more large scale than other swaps but at least you wouldnt have to stick to a theme and you get 5 different things from 5 different people. Oh or you could group people together in groups if more people were interested. Then you could group them sort of by interest or by what they wanted and what they could make. Anyway thats just my two cents Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006 08:42:53 AM »

VeryCrafty~
That's kinds what I was thinking, if there is a lot of interest, we could do groups (I am hyper analytical, so I would totally be willing to organize this part!) and I think it would be RAD to get a random group of things. I would be stoked to get like a series of someone's original prints, or patches, or a beaded butterfly to adorn a bag.... OMG I sure hope this works out! Wink
Please don't freak out about the details guys! Let's do it, come on you know you want to! (I'm shameless!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
verycrafty
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006 06:13:05 PM »

no one else wants too? aww man Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006 07:01:59 PM »

that sounds like fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006 07:07:50 PM »

I think this would be a great way to get your name out there... especially if you sell on Etsy or where ever... you send one of your items and your card or whatever, and maybe we could even 'review' in our gallery... it would be win win, we could all be 'testers' for new products, or give testimonials on Etsy or whatever! I hope this goes, and if anyone else has a thought throw it out there....!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
heart-on

What are you doing you cheeky monkey!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006 08:58:35 PM »

I would definately be down with a little sweat shop swap just say the word and I'm in!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006 09:45:10 AM »

Thats kind of a neat idea... now I wish my main sewing machine hadn't decided to futz up (thank all the little gods for back up machines, or I'd be *toast*)

doing a stack of small bags would SO let me stash bust....

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 95 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
See the 10 Best Emmys Dresses of All Time
Antonio Berardi - London - Spring 2014 - Interviews & Runway
DIY Studded Shoes
FIRST LOOK: Antonio Berardi - London Fashion Week Spring 2014
Finding the Perfect Biker Jacket
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...