A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch n' bitch felted marsupial tote  (Read 49232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2004 03:09:20 PM »

Here is a marsupial tote I made for a friend.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2004 02:31:04 PM by cameras4toys » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pennylane
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2004 07:44:33 AM »

Everyone has done such a cool job. I thought I would share my results.

http://www.flowergrl.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2004 06:46:40 PM »

so i am knittin up one of these cute girls, and am wondering about the "knit til sides measure 10 inches" thing...  is it 10 inches from the middle of the bag bottom (aka bag folded in half) or is it 10 inches from where the side seam meets the bag bottom?

also, some people here have said that 10 inches was too much (CC should be added sooner) and some have said 10 inches wasn't long enough...

any advice so that i can learn from your wisdom??

much thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a Banquet and Most Poor Suckers are Starving to Death
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2004 05:52:59 AM »

I measured from where the bottom (the garter stitch stuff) meets the sides (the stockinette stitch stuff). The bag is really forgiving as far as the ten inch measurement is concerned. I just knit as long as I wanted (I think about ten inches) and added about three more rows of the CC until I was satisfied with that before I made the handles. It really is a truly forgiving pattern and so much fun when you felt it.

Cheers,
Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gretchen28
Live, Craft, Share!

Kitt, Let's Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2004 05:41:09 PM »

greenchick--- you weren't kidding when you said it was forgiving.  although it smells like bigfoot's armpit at the moment, i am in love!! wooo hooo.... felting rocks.

on the CC i threw in a strand of this sparkly stuff and i absolutely love it.  the zippered pillowcase thing did the trick in 10 minutes flat.  wow!!!  although with my obsessive tendencies, i must admit i opened the washer about 6 times to check and see how it was coming.  

Look-- i put it on my bed to get a good pic and my kitty, Binks just couldn't stop nosing at it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a Banquet and Most Poor Suckers are Starving to Death
Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2004 06:36:14 PM »

I, too, made the Marsupial Tote.  But minus the marsupial.  I didn't make the little pouchie guy.  I'm wishing that I had now, because this thing eats keys and lip gloss.

I started knitting on New Year's Day and LOVE it so far.  I've only made a few things (normal run-of-the-mill newbie stuff).  This is my favorite completed project thus far.  It's going to be tough to beat.  It was my first circular knitting project as well, and I don't think I'll ever go back to straight needles again!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005 06:36:52 PM by Trebuchet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lila_fowler
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2004 08:35:28 AM »

I just got the book 2 weeks ago. I made some modified wristbands for a friend already and now I am making the Felted Marsupial Tote. If all things go well I should be done knitting it today. I love how it knits up so fastly and easily!

I couldn't find any Lamb's Pride at the LYS that I prefer so I am using a different type of wool. It has no mohair in it but my test swatch was VERY hairy when I took it out of the washer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillz

Great Googly Moogly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2004 02:30:36 PM »

Here are my Marsupial Totes!

The one on the left was only my second knitting project. I have been crocheting for a long time though, so I'm not really a newbie to yarn. It's made with Lamb's Pride in Aztec Turquoise & Limeade and it was inspired by Daria's bag earlier in this thread. I love it.

The second bag was made on smaller needles with Rowan Magpie. I help two different colors together for the bottom to get the speckled look. The colors were blue & green.

I've also made a scarf and an iPod cozy that I need to sew and felt. I'm working on a second scarf and waiting for some wool to be sent to me from America to start on another bag, the Fiona. The free pattern can be found here http://bruxknits.motime.com/

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your pictures and inspirations too. This place has really got me motivated.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004 02:55:44 PM by jillz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

--
jillz
Purl Up With A Good Yarn
http://jillz.typepad.com/
redbirdrae

David, by Hasselhoff

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2004 04:02:39 PM »

I love the speckled effect! I'm really jealous at how smooth and non-fuzzy your bags turned out. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillz

Great Googly Moogly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2004 04:38:23 PM »

Hehe, I was actually hoping that my bags would be a bit fuzzier when I felted them.

I only ran each one through one wash cycle and used differnt types of yarn for each, both came out fairly similiar. I'd be interested to know how many times people ran theirs through?

Next time I felt something I'm going to run it through two cycles and see what happens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--
jillz
Purl Up With A Good Yarn
http://jillz.typepad.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Worst Dressed at Golden Globes...Ever?
Different Celebrities With the Same Dress
Grammys Red-Carpet Style
Jessica Chastain Vs Anne Hathaway Style
Oscars Red Carpet Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...