A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch n' bitch felted marsupial tote  (Read 49206 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rincaro
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2005 01:41:19 PM »

Thanks! I think that pattern doesn't really produce the bag shown. Every IRL pic I've seen has shown a taller, more narrow tote. I think I'm gonna follow the pattern but use more of the pink in mine. I'm just so anxious to felt it!

Corrina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rincaro
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2005 08:34:23 AM »

It's done! From the comments here I knew it would be taller and not quite as pictured, so I wasn't surprised. But I think the tote they photog'd had to be from a variation of the pattern, and not the one printed. I finally got a pouch I liked, but when I felted it the i-cord at least doubled in length and did bad things to both the bag and the pouch. I had to cut it out and refelt the bag alone. There's a smallish hole where I did that, but I might throw in a few thread stitches to reinforce that point. You wouldn't see it unless you were looking for it. Also, I still need to shave it. My venus did *not* work on it - lol! I made it from peace fleece and it went threw three wash cycles.

Pre-felting!

Felted, but not shaved!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 08:38:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlett
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2005 03:43:08 PM »

With the set of Denise needles that Hubby got me for my birthday, I was able to make my own marsupial tote!  I used two strands of Cascade 220 held together.  I felted the bag in my front-loader machine.  It took two rounds, but it came out pretty nicely.

Pre-felting: 

After one round in the washing machine (my ferret Houdini went nuts over that wet-wool smell!):

After two rounds in the washing machine:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2005 04:00:06 PM »

With the set of Denise needles that Hubby got me for my birthday, I was able to make my own marsupial tote!  I used two strands of Cascade 220 held together.  I felted the bag in my front-loader machine.  It took two rounds, but it came out pretty nicely.

Pre-felting: 

After one round in the washing machine (my ferret Houdini went nuts over that wet-wool smell!):

your ferret is sooooooooo cute!!! He looks a lot like Spunky, one of the ferret I used to have!
and the bag is real nice too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
Roe
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2005 09:28:36 PM »

great bags everyone. i love all the different colors. I lost the feeling of my right arm knitting this bag. I added a front pocket and keychain icord. all i have left is the icord and i can't knit anymore until my arm comes back. i'll post when i'm done.

great job everyone!
roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2005 03:04:54 PM »

The pouch pattern is DEFINITLY not the same as the photo, it's not very useful. If I made this again, I'd pick-up stitches on the inside and stich in a wall pocket. That way it's always there - and it's still sort of "marsupial."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2005 04:09:25 PM »

here are my two versions of this bag, the first one i used Lion Brand Landscapes and added a front pocket with a keychain holder. The second one is the same version using Lamb's Pride Bulky

thanks for looking,

Roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabideloise
Karina

rabideloise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2005 01:39:10 PM »

I would *REALLY* appreciate if someone could scan the pattern and send it to me... Sad  I love this bag but I don't have any money to buy the book--my sister (ilovegenewilder) has the book and has been having scanner problems.  Someone heeeelppp?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love The Damned
Roe
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2005 02:39:45 PM »

I would *REALLY* appreciate if someone could scan the pattern and send it to me... Sad  I love this bag but I don't have any money to buy the book--my sister (ilovegenewilder) has the book and has been having scanner problems.  Someone heeeelppp?

I'm not sure but i think this might be illegal. i know i've read post about people who have taken their "free" patterns off their sites because of it being posted and traded and such.

Anybody else know for sure?

Roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlett
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2005 02:41:00 PM »

I believe that would be a copyright violation.  There is some info about patterns and copyright in this FAQ post (near the bottom): 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=26554.msg224202#msg224202
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Best Headshot
How to Take a Group Portrait
How to Take a Portrait
How to Take Great Photographs
How to Take Pictures of Wild Animals
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...