A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch n' bitch felted marsupial tote  (Read 52845 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2004 05:16:52 PM »

Look up 'cable cast on' or 'knitting on' either one of those will work - but obviously a 2 tailed cast on won't because you've only got one piece of yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bryonyramsden
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2004 10:25:17 AM »

Greenchick - apparently washer friendly is super wash Undecided  Didn't felt at all after 2 washes, but shrank a bit, which is weird considering that the bit of yarn I tested went into a bead.  I frogged it and hunted on the web for a UK supplier of cheap feltable yarn, and found these guys, for those who might find it useful:

http://www.texere.co.uk/index.html

I will need to dye the yarn though I knit it up, but still it will give me a lot of better options than those available from that stupid yarn stall owner... Wink

Incidentally, the frogged yarn is being used to make a Miffy version of the alien illusion scarf, with matching hat and gloves Cheesy  Yay!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.co.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2004 12:59:40 PM »

I loved this post so much, I had to make my own...

I used Cascade 220.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2004 02:39:56 PM by amobabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettygirl08
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2004 12:25:38 AM »

I am going to start this project and I had a question and it is probably a dumb one but I am gonna ask it anyway....do you hold 2 strands together throughout the whole project or just for the bottom of the bag??

thanx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redbirdrae

David, by Hasselhoff

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2004 06:48:18 AM »

The whole project. It makes it a little bit sturdier. I think you could also just use one strand of bulky instead of two worsted. Either way works well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettygirl08
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2004 08:36:15 AM »

thank you soooooooo much!!!1 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizacrandall
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2004 03:06:37 PM »

My version of the marsupial tote.  It didn't quite turn out as I had expected, but overall, I'm pleased and surprized at how durable the felted material really is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenhrob
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2004 08:17:16 AM »

Hi there-
I am new to this forum; I am sort of a terminal beginner when it comes to knitting but hopefully S&B will change that (plus I'm hoping for the new book from Santa!). Anyway, I managed to finish my tote (I knit with Patons merino classic), and have felted it. I seem to have the opposite results than others. Mine seemed to shrink up much more than others pictured and it is really dense and felted. I can't make out the stockinette (sp) stitches at all- it really does looks like felt. I put it through a short wash cycle on hot (not that hot though... ) and it felted up in about 10 minutes. So what I'd like to know is: are my results from the wool I used or because I washed it for too long? I do like the effect; I'd just like to know how to make a bag look more like those pictured earlier in the thread.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katykeene
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2004 10:20:14 PM »

i knit a mini meema as a cute little purse for my stepmum for Xmas.

i used 8ply/DK wool instead of worsted and 7mm circs to get the smaller size. It's my favourite felted object thus far and I'm going to knit a regular size one for myself in the new year (but not in such neutral colours Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2004 05:20:11 AM »

katykeene, I can't see your picture, but I'm sure its really cute. I had a question regarding the tote, how long would you say it took you to make one of these? I'm wondering if i still have time to make one for my mum for xmas.. Wink
Thanks!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seasoned Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Cheddar Steak Sandwich Recipe
Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Fresh Fried Corn Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...