A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch n' bitch felted marsupial tote  (Read 49892 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dara
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2004 10:22:28 AM »

Ok, I'm back.  I spent last night knitting up the cellphone pouch.  Did anybody else find that the pattern did not have the same dimensions or colours of the cellphone pouch in the picture?  I have to redo this, it's very frustrating.  I did figure out that cord thing, pretty cool, should I make it longer then 14" or will that be fine?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LAWebChick

Death came on silver booties

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2004 01:19:44 PM »

I finally finished my bag! I did change some things - I added an inside pocket in the contrast color (for the iPod, again Smiley or maybe my sunglasses case) and instead of the little pouch, I just attached a split key-ring to the i-cord prefelt so I can hook my keys to it if I need to. It didn't felt as far as I hoped, though. Is there a final limit to felting, where no matter how much you wash it won't get any smaller?  I'm also finding out that I bind off much tighter than I cast on, thus the handles are too loopy. All this complaining... but I'm very pleased with the results:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dara
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2004 03:50:45 PM »

http://groups.msn.com/MiseryLovesCompany/crafts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=264  So I finished the bag.  I gave up on attaching a pouch as I had some complications, such as sewing it onto the stocking stitch side, I cut it out and picked out the stitches and ran it through the hot water again.  Just need to decide if I want to shave it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skittermagoo
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2004 06:27:51 AM »

I spent last night knitting up the cellphone pouch.  Did anybody else find that the pattern did not have the same dimensions or colours of the cellphone pouch in the picture?

My baby pouch came out MUCH different than the picture . . . I'm not sure if it's that the directions don't match the photo, or if it was me following the pattern wrong.  Anyway, I went with it, so we'll see.

My bag is currently drying, and I have a question for all y'all who made it with the Lamb's Pride . . . did your bags smell "funky" when you took it out of the hot water?  Mine smells like perm solution!  It seems to be going away as the bag dries (thank goodness!), but it was a bit alarming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please check out my new blog site:  www.skittermagoo.com
Midtowner

Where did I put that needle/bead/yarn...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2004 06:33:52 AM »

did your bags smell "funky" when you took it out of the hot water?  

Skittermagoo, I think this is pretty typical of wool when it gets wet.  Everything seems to be fine once it dries.

I experience this when washing my wool sweaters, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2004 07:11:39 AM »

Yeah, wet wool just smells like wet wool - rather a wet dog like smell.
Deeeeelicious! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2004 09:46:36 AM »

I spent last night knitting up the cellphone pouch.  Did anybody else find that the pattern did not have the same dimensions or colours of the cellphone pouch in the picture?

My baby pouch came out MUCH different than the picture . . . I'm not sure if it's that the directions don't match the photo, or if it was me following the pattern wrong.  Anyway, I went with it, so we'll see.

Yeah, mine came out looking way different in the picture.  Actually, my entire purse came out looking differently from the picture.  But I liked it anyway.  I did lose the little pouch though since it got all stretched out and distorted in the washing machine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xiolagrl
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2004 11:54:09 AM »

this seems to be a common post, but i'm having a really hard time with the small pouch.  the directions say to knit 5 rows.  it looks like WAY more in the picture.  any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2004 12:08:56 PM »

this seems to be a common post, but i'm having a really hard time with the small pouch.  the directions say to knit 5 rows.  it looks like WAY more in the picture.  any thoughts?

xiolagrl-i'm not sure what's up with the pattern for the pouch.  as i made it i recall that it seemed to be a pouch with the opening on the  side, not the top.  here's what i did (i wanted my mine a little bigger to fit my cell phone.)  i cast on 30 sts  w/one strand  of cc.  i knit 6 inches.  then i switched to mc and knit one more inch (7 inches total). then I bound off 15 stitches and continued with the remaining 15 stitches for 3 inches.  picture a square with a 3 inch rectangle sticking up from the top of one half.  then I just folded it in half width-wise, right sides together--so that it was one long rectangle with a top flap-- and sewed up the bottom and the one long side.  as i got within the top inch of the pouch, where the colors switch, i sewed the i-cord into the seam, the turned the whole thing inside out and sewed it into the bag.

i hope that makes sense.  if not,  let me know and i'll try to explain better.  anyone out there have better directions?

another question-i just posted this in the "future projects" folder, does anyone have experience with hand felting?  i just felted my second tote in the washing machine, the cc is creme and it hardly felted at all.  i'm going to wail on it tonight in the super hot water in the sink, any advice would be great.  i did an internet search for felting methods and the best one i found suggested i use a wash board.  seems like it would be perfect, unfortunately, i don't have one lying around.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xiolagrl
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2004 12:14:45 PM »

jpants:
thanks so much for the help.  i was thinking that perhaps 5 rows should have been 5 inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY at Home Mask for Dry Scalp and Hair
How to Rock Bangs Without Making a Big Cut
How to Get a Super Sleek Blowout Without the Frizz
Easy Side Ponytail Tutorial
Romantic Hairstyles at the Charlotte Ronson FW 2014 Presentation
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...