A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch n' bitch felted marsupial tote  (Read 49748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chocodog
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2004 12:09:04 PM »

Question- I'm making the bag right now. I'm debating about the little pouch part. How in the world do you attach the snap? If anyone has a closeup of the snap I would LOVE to see it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy shop! Yay, buttons!
http://chocodog.etsy.com
knittinkitten
50's housewife with a tongue piercing

A girl can never have too many scarves...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2004 05:38:47 PM »

Golly, am I the only one who had issues with this pattern?  I was knitting to gauge  but I ended up having to change 95% of the directions because the dimensions did not come out the same.  The bottom would have been waaaay too small and the second color was not added on soon enough.  In the pic, it looks like the CC is about half of the purse height, but the directions had you adding on later than halfway.  Still, my purse turned out fine and I like it even better  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

strangelittlemama
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2004 10:39:44 PM »

knittinkitten, what yarns did you use? They look amazing together!
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinkitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2004 12:59:59 PM »

teehee, thank you!  Grin I used Lamb's Pride Worsted in Oregeno for the top part and Amythest for the bottom.  They look kinda dull right here but the purple is gorgeous in real life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

impossiblecalm
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2004 02:21:13 PM »

Question- I'm making the bag right now. I'm debating about the little pouch part. How in the world do you attach the snap? If anyone has a closeup of the snap I would LOVE to see it.

i got these at joanne fabrics, i think $2.50 or so for a card of 4. these are size #4. not really the prettiest option in my opinion.  i think the button & loop closure as pictured above is much nicer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dara
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2004 03:32:58 PM »

http://groups.msn.com/MiseryLovesCompany/crafts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=255

That would be my marker, how do I get rid of it?  Do I start knitting it in or what?  If I slip this it's going to look pretty funky.  Plus, I've went and right twisted on both sides of the marker, on the two before and the two after, can I leave this, or should I frog, *plse don't say frog* back to the picked up stitches?  Will it ruin the look if I leave them in.  Help would be appreciated, I'm stalled until I get an answer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinkitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2004 04:09:52 PM »

http://groups.msn.com/MiseryLovesCompany/crafts.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=255

That would be my marker, how do I get rid of it?  Do I start knitting it in or what?  If I slip this it's going to look pretty funky.  Plus, I've went and right twisted on both sides of the marker, on the two before and the two after, can I leave this, or should I frog, *plse don't say frog* back to the picked up stitches?  Will it ruin the look if I leave them in.  Help would be appreciated, I'm stalled until I get an answer.

If I'm not mistaken, the marker is threaded on the yarn in the picture, right?  Well, if you don't want to frog to take out out, I think that you might need to cut it out with scissors or something like that.  The marker is supposed to be free and you should be able to take it off the one side of the circular and put it on to the other side when you come to it.  I think that part of the problem is that you did the right twist on both sides of the marker, which resulted in it getting threaded on the yarn (maybe?).  Instead, need to just do the twist two stitches before the marker, slip the marker, and continue.  I hope this makes sense Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LAWebChick

Death came on silver booties

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2004 10:04:14 PM »

Dara -

Ugh - yes, this was totally unclear to me from every description I read about markers.  The stitch marker goes on the needle, not on the yarn, and you move it from needle to needle as you knit.

You'll either have to (sorry!) frog back, or break/cut/snap the ring (that would be my choice!).  I've found that you can cut through some interesting stuff with toenail clippers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strangelittlemama
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2004 11:08:53 PM »

teehee, thank you!  Grin I used Lamb's Pride Worsted in Oregeno for the top part and Amythest for the bottom.  They look kinda dull right here but the purple is gorgeous in real life!

Wow, do they always felt with those cool wavy fibers hanging out? I've only felted with kureyon, and it's much "flatter" looking.
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dara
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2004 07:40:39 AM »

LAWebChick -

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know, I did end up frogging back before I learned this cause I figured I had to start over, but just back to the picked up stitches.  Now I can start anew.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple Crisp Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Easy Pear Tart Recipe
Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
How to Make Instagram-Themed Cupcakes
How To Make Gluten Free Chile Lime Coconut Macaroons
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...