A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stitch n' bitch felted marsupial tote  (Read 50596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sbub

I'm not a turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2004 09:38:36 PM »

Wow, you lot are so clever, I love all of the bags.
I got the book the other day and have such a long list of things i want to knit now. (don't think i'll get much sewing done anymore)

I think i'm going to try this one out for SIL's birthday
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daria
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2004 05:37:46 PM »

Hey everyone,
This is my first post.  I've been lurking around here for a while as a guest. I just love all of the projects everyone has to contribute to this site.  I knew I had to take a part in all this.  

Here is the marsupial tote I finished recently.  I have more projects on the way.  Until then. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tns
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2004 05:57:57 PM »

i'm in the middle of this project and have come up against something of a problem.  

okay, i am knitting the main body of the bag in the round, everthing fine, lalala.  after several inches (six?) i notice that there are no longer knit stitches on the outside of my bag.  now there are purls.  i think i must've inverted the bag when i came back to knitting it after a break.  ok, fine.  i don't mind at all the way it looks, but i wonder if it's going to effect the way the rest of the work goes.  i mean, the bag kinda turns inwards now, and i am worried that the handles might end up sitting at a weird and or if i will have to figure out how to adapt the pattern from here on out.

i don't even know if my question is making any sense.  i'm sure it's obvious, but i am scarves-and-washcloths new to knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grrl13
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2004 04:30:46 PM »

daria,
lovely colors grrl! i love it. did you use lamb's pride?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2004 07:33:52 PM »

daria,
lovely colors grrl! i love it. did you use lamb's pride?

Hey, I appreciate it!  Thanks!

Yeah, sure did. I used the colors "Limeade" and "Aztec Turquoise."

Geez, could the pic I posted be any bigger?!  I have to remember to edit the size of my pics from now on.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
emie
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2004 10:19:42 AM »

i lurve this pattern
but, i'm vegan -- anyone know of any non-animal yarns that'll felt so i can get a sturdy and stylish marsupian tote?  or are there any other ways to make it so sturdy without felting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The suspense is terrible, i hope it lasts.
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2004 10:46:57 AM »

i lurve this pattern
but, i'm vegan -- anyone know of any non-animal yarns that'll felt so i can get a sturdy and stylish marsupian tote?  or are there any other ways to make it so sturdy without felting?

Generally you have to use animal fibers to felt - the felting happens because of the structure of the fiber.

But I found this link http://thebellwether.site.yahoo.net/sofekit.html and supposedly this company
www.soysilk.com makes a soy based yarn you can felt.  Maybe if you contact them they can give you more info
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ziza
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2004 06:51:23 PM »

I would say as long as you're not using silk it should count as vegan. For the record, sheep are very, very, very, very well kept because ill sheep=bad wool=no profit. And far more birds die for a bale of cotton than one of wool.

That said, the only thing I've heard of is the soysilk, and I'm not really sure how well that would work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xiolagrl
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2004 07:47:58 AM »

i'm just learning to knit and i'm wondering how difficult this pattern is.  i've only made three scarves (well two that were presentable) and i was hoping to make this my next project.  any advice?

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2004 09:26:27 AM »

It is very easy. All you need to know is referenced in the book.  This was my first circular needle project.
Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin-Stuffed Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make 2 Sweet and Savory Brunch Dishes
Comfort Food: Hearty Farro, Sausage & Kale Stew
How to Make Smooth Gravy
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...