A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone from ireland?  (Read 10293 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silentdementia
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006 07:06:22 AM »

Ah Irish craftsters, we're few and far between. I'm from Kerry which has a craft shop drought but I'm in college in Dublin and I do have a few haunts  Cheesy

Woolen Mills. Just at the north side of the Ha'Penny bridge. Sells material, cross stitch and embroidery,findings, patterns and feeds my ribbon obsession.

Hickeys on Henry Street. Pretty much the same as the Mills but sells lotso wool too.

Springwools in Walkinstown D12. Yet again lotso wool. They sell Noro *swoon*

Murphy Sheehys. Great fabric shop on that little street between the George's St Arcade and Powerscourt.

Crown Jewels Bead Shop. Just about 2 doors down from Murphy Sheehys.

Inspiring ideas. First floor Stpehens Green Centre. Sells handmade paper, foam, feathers, stamps, beads, metal sheets, fabric paints, stencils. I think I even got some cross stitch there once.

And of course Yellow Brick Road on Bachelor's Walk on the quays.

Hope that helps a bit!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist : Swap Info : Personal Swap Friendly
parisiansummer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007 08:58:49 AM »

I'm in Dublin and I find that there is so little in the way of craft supplies for me - I'm into embroidery, crossstitch & crewelwork, and I generally have to order online. There are some threads & accessories in Hickey's on Henry St. & in the Woollen Mills shop, but apart from that I haven't found much. Neither have great kits, just the usual Forever Friends or country scene. I like to check out what they have on DMC.com for some good modern kits but even then it can be hard to find those on the websites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hapakolea

Hapa here...where's the nearest fabric shop?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007 11:10:45 PM »

Hi. I'm a rather craft chica myself. Mostly I sew and collect other craft materials just in case I decide to start doing other craft stuff. Just have to mention a fabric shop on Parnell Street located across from the ILAC centre and very close to the new Chapters. Highly recommended!

The Yellow Brick Road on Bachelor's Walk has lots of beads and the Woolen Wills has been mentioned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Really, I need more fabric...
Crazy_dude6662
you know the problem with real life? No theme music.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007 06:39:10 PM »

im from dublin. apparently K & M evans are good, they are off abby street (i think) i havnt been there yet, but im going soon so i'll be able to report back ^.^
o'sullivan graphics is cool for paints/paintbrushes/markers/sketch pads/easels/artist case thingys/weird shaped and ordinary shaped canvas's/pallets ect. ect. ect.

does anyone know where i could get clear or tinted marbles?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poppycock!!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007 01:20:59 PM »

hey there just thought i'd let ye know that there is also a new bead shop open near templebar. Can't recall the name but its got a bright pink front and can be clearly seen as you walk from o'connell bridge towards templebar along the quays. for the marbles maybe harvey normans they have loads of that stuff for filling up vases and what not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

perfidia
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007 06:27:39 AM »

I'm from Cork city, and am a sewer (only a beginner at the moment though). I find it really hard to find nice fabrics and notions here - we now only have Hickey's and a few furnishings fabric shops, so I tend to buy online or use old curtains from around our house  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who sang Kissing In The Toilets in 1978?
munkeehaven
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007 09:29:37 PM »

Hello All,  just joined...
Wow so there are people in Ireland interested in craft etc! its so disheartening to see the lack of websites and resources here compared to other places! Watching all the episodes on Threadbanger, or browsing this site or Etsy,Craftzine etc makes me want to live in New York!

I love going to charity shops for stuff- its cheap because I'm a poor student ..but it can be hit and miss!
Enable and Irish Cancer Society shops I find are good, Oxfam is more upmarket and expensive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Craft
poppycock!!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008 11:39:49 AM »

Happy Paddys day  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

duu
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008 10:57:41 AM »

Hi!  I've just joined - I was out in the Blackrock market in Dublin on Saturday and came across this stall/shop - http://www.thisisknit.ie/ I'm not sure if any of you have been but it really does have a lot of lovely wool.
-D.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IrishMolly
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008 11:51:42 AM »

I only live part time in Dublin. Spend rest of my time in Scandinavia where there crafting supply shops amazing; cheap and plentiful. My favorate haunts in Dublin are: ( some have already been mentioned)
1. beads and bling - in temple bar large range of stuff. quite expensive but no ware near as bad as crown jewels.
2. Murphy Sheehy - fabric shop near George's street arcade. sells unusual and interesting stuff. nice people
3. O'Sullivan's - on camden street - sells general artists and graphic supplies.
4. hickeys on henry street is OK. General fabric, sewing and knitting stuff.
5. woollen mills near ha'penny bridge. less range than hickeys but some more unusual buttons, trims etc
6. Rubanesq - south William street - gorgeous ribbon shop - very expensive but they have extensive range
7. a4 art on thomas street ...  i think ... its near NCAD any way - they sell loads of random art supplies but  cheaper than most other places.
8. Reads on Nassau st have a gd range of art supplies and also a good place to find random stuff. They have lots of polymer clay stuff and sell ball chains precut and with clasp. they are currently doing a 10% discount on all art supplies - yay!
9.crown jewels (see previous posts)
10. Yellow brick (see prev posts)
11.BDI or beady eye a bead shop in bray
12. not Sir if this counts but THE KNIT AND STICH SHOW!!! its held over one weekend in the RDS. usually around  early November. Great for cheap yarn, fabric, ribbond, beads, paper, trim, etc!! i love it. admission is expensive so try and blag yourself some passes. contact a stallholder and say your very interested in there company.... make yourself sound importand. they will usuall offer to send you free passes - they get loads of them. this is a cool place to find unusual stuff - i have bought my meter long 2cm crochet needle there. most of the stall holders are from the UK or America, hence they high standard of products. Ireland really sucks in terms of craft supplies.

I like to by stuff in unusual places...

small local hardware shops are great for loads of stuff. Metal findings, paint, glue, varnish, wood, chain etc
B and Q is also good. They have similar stuff but a wider range. Also great ropes and things like light and door fixtures.
fishing tackle shops sell stuff which make great beads. I think they are intended as weights and attractions for fish but they are really colourful and pretty.
charity shops are also great for old fabric, jewelry, old board games, beads etc.
School or church jumble sales are also always good fun.

wow that was a loooonnng post.

oh p.s. does anyone no ware to buy this modge podge our American friends speak so highly of?
also does anyone know any good car boot sales in Dublin?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And those who where seen dancing where thought to be insane by those who could not here the music"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Ways to Use Eggs in Your Beauty Regimen
Clean Edgy Makeup at Kaelen FW 2014 Fashion Show
No-Makeup Makeup Tutorial
How to Avoid Counterfeit Cosmetics
Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...