A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
801 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: paper stars - stellated happiness [pix] TRY#2 -updates p.9, 11, 17, 18; tut p.15  (Read 55578 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SuperStinger
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2007 11:34:22 PM »

I was planning not to post pix of this batch till they're all done, but i took in-progress pictures of the one i'm working on now cause it's a shape and design I hadn't done before and I'm feeling happy about how it's turning out. It's the cheezy-flames one i mentioned before. It's kinda trippy  Smiley

http://www.waxor.com/~child/stars/inprog10.jpg

http://www.waxor.com/~child/stars/inprog9s.jpg

http://www.waxor.com/~child/stars/inprog11s.jpg

btw I tried timing how long it took to do one layer of the black pen for one (of 20 total necessary) of the points on this. One layer looks streaky so it takes two, but I marked the time I started and didn't do anything else until the one layer on one point was down, and was pretty fucking shocked to find that 18 minutes had happenned. Maybe I miswrote the times, cause that doesn't even seem possible to take 18 minutes, but if it is accurate I guess that explains why this present is so late now. So I guess each one really does take a while. I hope I get them all done soon!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012 11:18:44 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2007 12:44:04 AM »

holy batman!  this is my favorite one yet..I made one of these without any designs though.. not hard to make but I couldn't draw in the pattern worth a do-do.. I would still buy a Cd with your designs on them.  Are you thinking about it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007 12:49:58 AM by jnaos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuperStinger
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2007 05:32:09 AM »

the pictures kinda flatten things out - this is the underlying shape
http://www.waxor.com/~child/stars/stellabasic.jpg
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012 11:18:58 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chip
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2007 07:02:27 AM »

OMG It's beautiful! better than those up in the sky!

love the patterns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All things bright and beautiful
CraftyImperfections

Paper cuts and hot glue burns since 1985

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2007 11:35:21 AM »

My god.  I wanted to be you so bad when I clicked on the link to the website showing the patterns you used.  I did not understand word one about any of it.  Maybe, just maybe you could post some kind of dumbed down tute?  Please do because I have some great paper I'm dying to use on these.  P.s.  was it hard getting all the patterns lined up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap.
SuperStinger
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2007 08:12:33 PM »

Tell me if this works.

This was done pretty hastily, took about 1 hr, and the sloppiness shows.
Also, either there's a goof in the pattern or I fucked up, but I'm pretty sure I've used this pattern before just fine so it's probably just me, where I ended up with a tab where I didn't need one and no tab where I did need one. This can be solved by cutting off the extra tab and folding a little scrap of paper, gluing one side of the fold to the place where a tab is missing, and gluing the other side to where it needs to attach to. But like I said, I think I've used the pdf before so it must have just been me being sloppy.
If you're decorating, it's good to color after scoring so your coloring doesn't obscure your score lines later.

CraftyImperfections, is this what you meant?

Why do my images seem to be resized when they display here? It makes the text look funny. Is Craftster doing it to me? How do I tell it to not resize my shit???
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012 11:22:04 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
slb2724
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2007 08:40:11 PM »

that looks really good! im going to do teh star one here : http://www.korthalsaltes.com/index.html

but im trying to figure out how many of the darn things to print and what to print exactly, but i love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2007 12:02:50 AM »

Im hoping to have these down by next xmas.. my mom would freak over them.  I need to clear the 10000 other projects though. Thanks for the stars for dummies tute. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RunsWithNeedles
chyeah

i like to get naked.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2007 06:59:02 AM »

ahh! thanks for the dumbed down tute.
what model did you use for that one? i like it.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sit right next to me<br />Against the glass<br />Where we both can see<br />Focus on the ground<br />Disbelief of where we used to be<br />--"Troposphere" by Steve Burns--
SuperStinger
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2007 07:16:27 AM »

Small Stellated Dodecahedron
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Honey-Truffle Grilled Cheese Recipe
How to Cook Truffled Egg Benedict
How to Make a Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
How to Cook Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
How to Prepare Chicken Baked with Garlic
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...