A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
803 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: paper stars - stellated happiness [pix] TRY#2 -updates p.9, 11, 17, 18; tut p.15  (Read 55569 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mommyxs3
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2006 07:52:14 AM »

Cheesy

I was soooooo excited when I just came across your post. I have been shopping for unique hand made stars like this to decorate my house. We're a military family and I enjoy having things that make our house feel homey even though we are never really in a place long enough to call it home. Please email me I want to buy!!!!! babygirldeedee24@yahoo.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2006 08:08:02 AM »

They are all so pretty. I love the paper that you used the patterns are so intricate and delicate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
juliusmunki

I have no excuses for my behavior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2006 11:55:37 AM »

these are soo awesome!!  I am so inspired!  my aunt loves these stars... she has a huge collection- she doesn't make them tho, she BUYS!~
i am totally gonna try to make these- but i want to know where you find the designs to draw on them- or do you design each one?  and how long does it take you to make one star start to finish- out of curiosity? 
These are fabulous- I think you have stumbled upon a side business- by taking a 'plain' idea/ project and truly making it your own passion...  congratulations!   and good luck with you business venture... PS! i also would buy a CD

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuperStinger
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2006 04:27:50 PM »

Your aunt buys lots of stars like that? Where!? I haven't come across these for sale much!
I draw the coloring designs, but only once - then I just make copies. That way I can try out different color schemes easily.
I haven't actually timed how long it takes to make one star to finish, cause I never do a whole one in one sitting. Lately I've been working on a whole bunch at once in the same color scheme to send as a big present, so I might color one for an hour, glue some of another, score a different page full, paint finishing touches on one, and then start coloring again. I think any one does take kinda a while, though, especially if it has a lot of points or I'm being ambitious or a perfectionist. I know they used to go quicker than they do now, but that's cause I've gone nuts with shading and gold pens and tiny details of iridescent paint. When this present collection is done, I'll sure have something to post! So far there are 7 in different stages of completion but I'm hoping to add more.
I've also been trying to get all my patterns in one place and clean them up a bit and add in the color key to get everything prepped for CD. I haven't forgotten, I've just been slow about it. Some of the original files I lost, and I have decorated blanks in all kinds of folders all over my place and my parents' house, so I'm trying to track them all down to scan in. And I got a little sidetracked and made a new pattern for a star I hadn't done before that's kinda like the fake flames design you see on boys shirts sometimes, you know?
Interference paint is so cool. I'm now hooked on painting in little accent areas that are totally unnoticeable but if you catch it at just the right angle, it glitters like magic fairy dust.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2007 09:29:46 PM »

Those are absolutely beautiful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2007 05:32:44 PM »

i spent my entire day at work reading this entire thread!!!!

i'm working on a few projects right now, as soon as i finish them, i want to make some of these. they would make lovely christmas presents as ornaments. i, too, would be interested in buying your cd.

can't wait to see more of your work.

i'm addicted to what else you come up with.

good luck with your new business venture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
RunsWithNeedles
chyeah

i like to get naked.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2007 06:35:19 PM »

gorgeous!
i've printed out a few patterns, but can't seem to get the hang of it.
i'm printing out a big one now, maybe that'll help.
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sit right next to me<br />Against the glass<br />Where we both can see<br />Focus on the ground<br />Disbelief of where we used to be<br />--"Troposphere" by Steve Burns--
kinderbean
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2007 10:16:51 AM »

OH MY GOODNESS I cannot believe how incredible these are!! I am so excited to start making my own although I don't think I'll ever come close to these beauties. Great job and I hope you do start selling them because they are works of art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

afallows
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2007 10:06:56 AM »

Wow... those are so astonishingly beautiful. I think you could easily charge $50 for them, or even more, since they are handcrafted and just... magical. (This is, if you find the right audience). Your designs are lovely, and I can't wait to see more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
juliusmunki

I have no excuses for my behavior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2007 09:50:21 AM »

They are called Moravian stars- and she usually gets them around Christmas time...my Aunt, that is- her husband is an overseas pilot and I think she usually brigs them back from Europe, maybe - I will have to ask next time I see her... there were even some at the Pottery Barn this season- But make NO mistake about it!  YOURS are breathtaking!!  POttery Barn ones - NOT! the ones she has are usually plain white and they get beat up pretty fast! 

If I could post pics yet I would show you my first attempt!   Cry  Yes, It is a bit sad!  And for awhile I was a little discouraged but they are sooo beautiful - i am going to make another lame attempt until I get it right!!  And I am just in awe that you draw the patterns!   Shocked

I come back and visit all the time to see if you have any new pictures!  Keep'em coming!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Tuxedo Mani
​The Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday Beauty Deals
What You Need to Know Before You Wax
Black Friday Beauty Deals
How To Make Your Own Face Mask At Home Using Yogurt, Honey And Grapes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...