A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wild ginger  (Read 5484 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stargazersewer
Fat is not a 4 letter word.....

Oh, ma....let me sleep.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 08, 2006 07:46:30 PM »

I am a very curvy girl.  Sz. 18-24 and have most of my weight around the middle.  Talkin' def. apple here.  I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has used the wild ginger software for this body type/mishmash?  I don't want to spend $200 for the womens package and have it be no better then what i can do on my own from $1.99 patterns. 
Thanks,
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006 07:50:32 PM »

I have never heard of it, what does it do? Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargazersewer

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006 08:14:59 PM »

The website is as follows:  www.wildginger.com.  It is pattern drafting software that you can supposably put in any measurements you want and change patterns and stuff. it looks neat i'm just wondering if it works for the 200Lbs. and up club.
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissy_bass

Scissorless Frenzy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006 09:06:12 AM »

You could try the demo ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006 09:33:31 AM »

one word of caution, measure carefully.  If you oops a measurement it will ask you but if you click OK it will print your pattern based on those oopsied numbers.

My Mother in Law has the software, but she is petite, and it works well for her (with correct measurements though)  The one shirt we did for me worked okay but I am the tall, broad shouldered and thin type, nevermind my weight (197 and stable) so no clue how well it will work for softer figures.  It seemed to work well at our old sewing guild, which has a large number of older, shorter and more upholstered ladies, but the truly Rubenesque I didn't hear comments from.

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
mombearto4
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006 12:20:46 PM »

I'm a size 28-30 in RTW and have made things from wild ginger programs successfully, and so have other people on the mailing list I was on (they went to a forum-based message area and I haven't been as active since then).  I highly recommend it.  You may need to modify programs some, but the Wild Ginger ladies are wonderful and they also work with some BBWs to help test the program.

If you are nervous about forking out $200, you could buy a Click and Sew pattern (same drafting engine, but fewer choices -- blouses, skirts, pants, or jackets, etc., but not all) and test it.  That's actually what I did, and I was sold on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jasmine_xoxo

I live in terror of not being misunderstood -Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006 06:54:57 PM »

As I read thru the website here is a comment I came upon....

Why PatternMaster?

Fabulous custom fit patterns with no size limitations
Free quarterly updates posted on our website
90-day unconditional money-back guarantee
Totally free technical support by telephone or email
Free community forums 
Fun, Fun, Fun!

Sounds to me like it will work for anyone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargazersewer

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006 03:07:18 PM »

Thank you all so much for the replies.  I think i will try one of the click and sew patterns.  I am hoping that i will be able to customize the basic pattern enough that i will not have to buy many "basic" patterns anymore. 
Thank you for the suggestions. 
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creativehomemaker
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006 09:10:31 AM »

Wild Ginger has patterns called Click & Sew, I've made them for both me and my sister.  I'm about a size 14 and my sister is 18/20, if that helps.  They worked rather well, but are limited on the patterns.  A website called SewingPatterns.com has a couple of "patterns" similar where you buy the CD it has about 20 to 30 items you can make.  You take your measurements and print them out.  I just ordered one through them, but I don't know how well they work.  I like the more modern up to date fashion, and its only $25/CD.  They have about 30 CDs to choice from ranging from Menswear to Women's, there is a plus size CD.  The link for the pattern CDs is http://www.sewingpatterns.com/sewingframe.php?mdl=http://www.sewingpatterns.com/leko-main.html 
Hope this helps you some.
Angie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deregering
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006 01:26:34 PM »

Wild Ginger has patterns called Click & Sew, I've made them for both me and my sister.  I'm about a size 14 and my sister is 18/20, if that helps.  They worked rather well, but are limited on the patterns.  A website called SewingPatterns.com has a couple of "patterns" similar where you buy the CD it has about 20 to 30 items you can make.  You take your measurements and print them out.  I just ordered one through them, but I don't know how well they work.  I like the more modern up to date fashion, and its only $25/CD.  They have about 30 CDs to choice from ranging from Menswear to Women's, there is a plus size CD.  The link for the pattern CDs is http://www.sewingpatterns.com/sewingframe.php?mdl=http://www.sewingpatterns.com/leko-main.html 
Hope this helps you some.
Angie
Be carefull with sewingpatterns.com though. They have a lousy service. I ran into printing problems because I use a network printer that is not directly connected. To make a long story short 5 online help request and 10 emails went unanswered so there is a complaint at Better Business Burea now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Garry Trudeau Talks About the Past, Present and Future of Doonesbury
Mary Higgins Clark Reveals the Inspiration for the Shadow of Your Smile
Author Shannan Rouss on Her Debut Short Story Easy for You
Learn About Occupation Romeo
Susan Kaiser Greenland on the Mindful Child
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...