A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
768 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 8 -- Swap Closed!  (Read 27819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laraebay
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006 05:38:47 PM »

<Removed for privacy!>
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007 08:57:03 PM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006 05:54:24 PM »

I'd be willing to do (pencil) sketches of your puppy, as I specialize in realism. I'm terrible at painting though ^^;
Would that be alright with you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
laraebay
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006 06:03:58 PM »

Yeah that's fine with me!

Would you be able to do it about 8 x 10 size?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
writeforme
the princess Tessa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006 07:21:55 PM »

At first I was thinking maybe I could do a series of smaller drawings, since my main issue is with mailing. I have no idea how to mail a bigger drawing without stuffing the envelope full of stiff cardboard & driving up the shipping cost. Do you have any ideas for me? If there's an easy way to mail it, an 8x10 is fine by me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006 07:28:36 PM »

you could out the artwork between two sheets of thermocol... or styfoform (i duno wht u guys call it )
it would protect your artwork , and also its super light !

urvi
bombay
india
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
bombay
india

i love 'my country doesnt have that' swaps !!!

im a BIG fan of personal swaps ! :-)
writeforme
the princess Tessa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006 08:43:42 PM »

Okays...in any case, I will do a drawing/drawings for laraebay.

My list!

1)A weapons bag for color guard. It's a long thin rectangular bag w/ a long strap that goes lengthwise and attaches on both ends. It can be any fun fabric...just not the old black standby! It does have to be somewhat sturdy though...pm me for details?

2) A rag doll or something of the like to look like me! Again, pm me for details ^^

3)Haha, I can dream, but a Totoro hat like http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72078.0;topicseen or even http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=49162.0 would rock my world.

4) A circle skirt with funky fabric & tulle!

5)Cute lacy wrist warmers like over at www.snappedtwig.com

6) Fabric from your stash! Some ideas...anything pretty/green, mod prints, fancy fabric for a dress, nautical, enlarged patterns, fruit designs...etc. Nothing over pastel-ly, though. Ooh...buttons?

7)A monster bag! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70544.0;topicseen

8)A Slytherin tie? It'd probably be pretty time-consuming to make though.

9) Have you seen those anime-fabric LeSportSac bags? Omg. I'm dying for something like one of those cute messenger/shoulder totes.

10)A handmade art journal-type thing with mixed papers! I'm a artsy/poet/dreamer type fond of somewhat subdued green shades, but I also love tropical (red/orange/yellow/pink) colors =)

11) A piano scarf or a belt would = love.

12) A large zippered pouch/bag for my makeup and hair stuff for guard. Something diva/glam/sophisticated would be awesome!

About me~ I'm 15, living on the East Coast of the USA. I love warm weather, cities, cats, art, writing, color guard...and just life in general. My favorite color is greeeeeeeeeeen Wink. I'm an avid reader of contemporary, historical, fantasy, poetic, and classic novels...and chick lit is my guilty pleasure. I love fashion, and my style is super diverse- anything girly, over the top/almost-couture, punky, mod, classic, vintage, tomboyish, glam, whimsical, dancer-esque...you name it! I love crafting, but lately I haven't had much time to do so. I'm a beginner knitter, with hopes to finish that Slytherin scarf before summer ^^.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2006 07:34:18 AM »

i claim writeforme for - 11) A piano scarf or a belt would = love.
this is my first wish !

my list -

iron on fabric pens... the kind wer u use the pen to draw something on paper, and then u iron the paper on to the fabric... i hope u know wht i mean ! 

sublime stiching patterns .... i got some from bente before and i love them !!! but i 'd love some more... esp the dashunds one !!!

an easy peasy tote in polka dots or stipres! bright and colourfull !!!
id love a bag with a vinyl dashund on it .... (pm for size of the bag/colors etc..)
or a tie and dye tote !! pref big with lots of pockets ! and sturdy handles...

printed paper for paper crafts like origami, scrapbooking, card making... etc
i love these paper kits  - http://jasbeanie.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=19

japanese stuffie patterns... easy to intermidiate.... nothing too difficult

cross stitch kits...

a zip-up hoodie ! with a doggy on it !!!

decorated wooden boxes .... pm for themes etc...

thank you in advance to who ever picks me !!  THANK YOU SO MUCH !

urvi
bombay
india
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006 08:03:21 AM by urvi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

urvi
bombay
india

i love 'my country doesnt have that' swaps !!!

im a BIG fan of personal swaps ! :-)
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2006 08:35:58 AM »

Just a reminder to everyone who is watching this swap and thinking about joining-- If you were a member of Ongoing Wish Swap 7, you are not automatically approved for this swap.  You can not claim without sending me your info, and having me add you to the list and sendind you a PM back saying "You are approved for X wishes"

I get back to people pretty quickly when they send me their info, so please just wait until I let you know if you are approved or not to choose.

When I see people choosing that haven't sent info, it makes it difficult for me, I have to go back and check all my PMs from you to see if you sent info, to see if I was wrong etc.  Also it makes it obvious that you haven't read the first post of this thread, explaining how this swap works, which is a little disrespectful.

Please if I have PMed you, get back to me as soon as possible.

Also if you have not read the first post thoroughly, go back and do so.  It would make it easier not having to answer the same questions in PMs all over again, especially if you have written that YES you have read everything when you sent in your questionairre.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I just want everyone to respect how this swap system works, and it really makes things easier for me this way, especially since I am still actively working on updating in the Ongoing Wish Swap 7, which ended with over 200 wishes.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2006 12:53:10 PM »

I claim Urvi for X-stitch kits. I have loooooooooooads of them... This is my second claim.

+ A handbag/purse. I'd really like one to take with me when I go to Vancouver next month, and that I can also use for everyday use anyway. I'll PM you for more details, but this is something that I'd REALLY like, so...if you're good at making purses...

+ A pirate doll, like this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=63026.msg634389#msg634389
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=63026.msg628559#msg628559
Or a mermaid doll, like this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67274.0

+ A journal with mixed paper, so that I have an incentive to write my diary more.

+ A diary, my current one is running out. (Teen angst, you know?)

+ I'd really like some stud earrings. You could put buttons on. (I LOVE buttons!) But please could they not be too huge? I don't want to look too 80s, because that would mean that I'd look like my mum. And we're too similar as it is.

+ A stencilled or silkscreened top. I can't think off the top of my head what I'd want, but maybe typewriters, or, erm...(I have typewriters on the brain). Oh, and this T-shirt is just adorable, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74987.0 Or maybe Gandhi, I love Gandhi.

+ Handspun or hand dyed yarn. (You don't even have to have done it yourself, but I lust over it.)

+ I would really, really, REALLY like some sock monkey fabric. I alway see it in swap galleries, and am so jealous that they don't make it here in England. If you have some to spare, I would be eternally grateful.

+A nice necklace  Nothing too heavy though, I have tendonitis.

+ I'd really like to learn how to needlefelt! I admire it so much, but I can't find supplies anywhere locally. 

+STATIONARY!!! I always need new stationary. Hearts, skulls, robots, stars, cats (not too creepy ones though), typewriters.....Let ter paper would be great!

About me: I'm 14, at school still (year 10/9th grade) and my favourite subjects are art, French & English Lit. I love writing, and I play the cello and piano. I'm very chatty, and my new obsession is sewing totes!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006 12:55:58 PM by nushybum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
Rain
Teal Turtle Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2006 02:32:58 PM »

I'll send you some stud earrings and maybe some stationary, nushybum.

I'm in Canada, and this is my first wish.

List:

+ supplies and instructions for soapmaking

+ handspun yarn

+ a painting or some other sort of flat artwork for my walls (water or earth tones, please, and nothing dark or depressing)

+ fabric (Celtic, pagan, sea creatures, turtles, superheros)

+ an amigurumi turtle or beaver

+ unique brooches

+ X-Men or underwater themed pillowcases

+ a learn-to-crochet kit (no need to include yarn, I've already got a huge stash ;] )

+ a bracelet like the one at the bottom of this page http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74897.70 (the seaglass one)

About Me:

I'm 17 years old and live in Ontario, Canada. I have three cats and a puppy, and really love turtles. Teal is my favourite colour, and I also like greens, watery blues, and purple. I love books and kayaking, and rainy, grey days. I wear long, flowy skirts, cardigans, and boots, and can't stand summer clothing or birds. I play the french horn and have hundreds of earrings. I wish I were a mermaid.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006 04:36:42 PM by Rain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Origins of Tintin
How to Create a Phenakistoscope
Supervillain Origins: Electro
How to Clean Oil Paint Off Paintbrushes
Supervillain Origins: The Riddler
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...