A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I made a diaper wreath! Oh how sweet it is... (img heavy) NOW with Girl wreath  (Read 3057 times)
Tags for this thread: wreath  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JenniesBlok
« on: September 07, 2007 09:50:40 PM »

Ok so I finally made the diaper wreath with Hellga's tute here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180906.0! Thanks Hellga. I didn't line it with tulle first though and now I think maybe I should have. It is the green foam but it is smooth so I didn't do it. Anyway, it has a few toys on it and three different ribbons. I added a bow at the top and a cute little stuffed animal on the bottom holding a sign. I created the hangar on the top so when the baby is born, this can be hung on the door instead of the boring old huge bow that comes from gift shops. Oh well, take a look and tell me what you think. I plan on making another one for a girl in a week or so but would like feedback on this one first. Thanks y'all!
Laying flat on floor

The little monkey I added. This is not the card I am keeping, I have to go the florist and get the "Its a boy" card to go in it.

Close up of the bow on top, has ribbon that says its a boy.

Here is the ribbon I used to tie all my goodies onto it with, says its a boy.

Finally, the diaper wreath hanging up. (its hung on my gumball machine just to show it hung up, didn't have a nail handy lol)

So, there you have it. I had so much fun making this. Very inexpensive and not time consuming at all. As always, comments or criticism welcomed.  Grin

Now for the little girl wreath.
Close up of the little girl dog and the sign.

New pics updated
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007 12:31:04 PM by JenniesBlok - Reason: update pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
AidanNia
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007 09:56:34 PM »

That is a great idea and waay cuter than diaper cakes...I'll have to keep that in mind for the next shower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annessasgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007 09:57:54 PM »

Wow, you did a really great job on that! Very professional work. I can't wait to see the girl one you make next week.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JenniesBlok
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007 09:16:24 AM »

Thanks for the compliments! This was so quick and easy, im addicted now lol. Ill post pics of the girl one soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
AshtonagoL
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007 05:51:54 AM »

That is so cute!  Great job!  I love the monkey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007 10:01:25 AM »

that looks great! you did an awesome job. i'm so glad to see someone got some use out of my tutorial!

also, aren't these the biggest pain to photograph? the diapers just seem to glow when the flash hits them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
JenniesBlok
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007 08:17:44 PM »

Thanks for the responses yall! I finally made the one for a girl. Pics are in the first post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Word Collage
How to Make Collage Frames
How to Make a Canvas Collage
A Guide to Scrapbooks Ideas
How to Find Scrapbook Stores
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...