A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sticker Machines  (Read 3826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ForevrBee
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2004 01:42:29 PM »

i found that for $19.99 in this one catalog i get- it's all really cheap "gifts..." i only use it for crafty stuff- not a great selection, but whatever. lakeside collection, maybe? can't remember the name... how helpful am i!  'Roll Eyes
Yeah, it was Lakeside Collection, I got the same catalog. Almost the same price as Walmart had, but with added shipping....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
fluffysam
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2004 02:18:22 PM »

I have a small one.. it's orange and shaped like an X? I think it started around $10-15, but I used a 40% off coupon from Michaels. Cheesy They're really cool, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!
http://www.fluffyland.com

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!
http://www.fluffyland.com/blog
scrappygirl085
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2004 02:42:31 PM »

I have the Xyron 510 and I love it!!!!  I do alot of scrapbooking and it is really nice for detailed die cuts and other things that are hard to glue.  The refills are expensive... $21.00 for an 18' roll, so you can't really use it for everything.  The package says you can use it for fabric too, but I've not found that to be true.  It's mostly good for paper stuff....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2004 08:18:36 PM »

check this thread too:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12618.0  that one looked like a xyron.  yep it works for photos too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
Kritz
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006 01:30:08 PM »

hey, why don't you put a picture here, some photos of your stickers that you have created with xyron. I want to know if it's able to make a sticker that has shiny, transparent, kinda puffy thing on it's front side, then the adhesive at the back part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zaemunda
Bargain Huntress Extrordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006 03:59:32 PM »

I have a Xyron machine, not sure what model. I bought it at a Joann's that was closing and selling off all the inventory (moving to a new location - thank goodness). I think it was something like $9. It's not shaped like an X and it came with about 5 different kinds of adhesive tape, measuring/cutting supplies and some nifty art gum erasers.

The erasers are about the only thing I use from the kit. I'm not into scrapbooking or papercrafts, so I'm at a loss as to what to do with the darn thing. It's been sitting in a bag in the trunk of my car for about a year and a half (that's where all the unloved craft supplies go to die). So sad. Maybe I'll post it for a trade or something.

I'm glad everyone likes and uses theirs. This thread is making me rethink my opinion of Xyrons in general.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I was ever stranded on a deserted tropical island, within a month I'd have built my own Craft Store and have trained monkeys to work the registers.

I heart personal swaps.
samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006 10:59:00 AM »

Hey, I just inherited a Xyron "Magic Sticker Maker", and I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure if the Xyron 250 refills will fit in it.  The max width you can feed through the Magic Sticker Maker is about 2 1/2 inches, so I'm thinking maybe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hathaldir
I'm wossname... proverbial for it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007 11:28:18 AM »

hey, why don't you put a picture here, some photos of your stickers that you have created with xyron. I want to know if it's able to make a sticker that has shiny, transparent, kinda puffy thing on it's front side, then the adhesive at the back part.

No the Xyrons can't make stickers that are puffy (or flocked, or 3D). They make stickers by basically putting a layer of glue on the back of whatever you put through it. I think they only take things that are 1/16th of an inch thick, so you couldn't have something puffy and put that through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samann1121

samann1121.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2007 03:45:56 PM »

But you *can* put fabric through them.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bcrafty
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007 07:54:10 AM »

I have the large one.  We put pictures thru it with magent on the back and laminate on the front  It's so much better for displaying pictures on the fridge than just taping them up. 

I also put craft foam thru to make it self adhesive by using the cartridge that is just sticker (no laminate) Then I use my Sizzix machine to cut out what ever shapes I need.  I do crafts in elementry school classes and if I use this process ahead of time it makes the projects much easier for the kids. 

I used that process to make this Easter pot decoration.  Since we used two identical craft foam shapes put together back to back I only needed to put the sticker on one from each set.  Let me know if you want directions.

I love the machine.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007 04:55:49 PM by bcrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CC Cream Reviews
The Rules to Wearing Dark Lipstick Like a Pro
The Trick to Covering Up Age Spots
The Nail Art Trend Is Over
Top Picks for Eye Shadow Primer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...