A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paint Swatches  (Read 2368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smelkie
« on: June 28, 2004 08:00:33 PM »

Okay, so I'm painting my room these days, and I've been frequenting the Home Deopt near my house and trying to figure out if there's any difference between, 'Cloud', 'Cup of Cream' and 'Popcorn', and also wondering about the little swatches. They're printed on pretty high quality paper, and they come in such pretty color combinations. Does anybody have some brilliant ideas of what I could do with them? I'd be willing to ::ahem:: borrow a few more from Home Depot of the project seemed worthy. Let me know what you all think!

Thanks
<3 nikki
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mew
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004 08:59:06 PM »

I always wondered what to do with those.
I have quite a handful of them since my mom wants to paint her bathroom and I was thinking of doing my ceiling...

Just as a sort of random art piece, I was thinking of using the ones that come as squares already and putting a few of them in a frame and just using them to add more colour to my walls.

I also used to use them to fill blank spaces in photo collages. I would stick photos onto my walls so they'd overlap and sometime I would end up with spaces of wall showing. So, those gaps would be filled with contrasting colour chips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dead_Angel
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004 08:32:55 PM »

Well this is pretty old but I thought i'd at least try, although knowing this site its already been said. You could always use them to make wallets and purses. Like weave them in and out of eachother, I dunno something like that could be kind of cool. *shrugs* thought I'd try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004 09:53:05 PM »

i can recall 2 good projects i've seen on here done with paint swatches- 1. one girl covered her wall in them  2. someone else covered a coffee table in them, i think.  search paint swatches or paint chips and you should find some ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004 12:25:13 AM »

An art gallery here has some paintings that incorporate paint swatches, too.

I loved that paint swatch table.

I just picked up a bunch of paint swatches and wallpaper samples last night at Menards.  One of the wallpaper samples is a toile pattern in black and white, and I happened to find a sample with a girl's face, so I'm thinking of trying my hand at marble jewelry with it.  (Making a cameo-style center piece that is larger than the rest, with random bits of leaf and other images from the rest of the toile as accents.)  I was thinking that the paint chips, perhaps combined with coordinating wall-paper samples, would also make neat marble jewelry.  I've seen so many image-heavy marble magnets and jewelry, which I guess is one of the draws of that medium, but very few solid colors.  I think you could make some really vibrant and stunning jewelry with the solid paint chips.  Add in the odd coordinating wallpaper flower, etc., and you could market them like "The Gillian's Bedroom bracelet" or "Grandma's Kitchen brooches" etc.

Edited to add:  Ooh, I just thought of another thing.  Since the paint chips are on such sturdy paper, you could cut out a bunch of circles (or other shapes) and make "beaded" curtains by gluing two shapes together with a string between.  There was a thread about something like this earlier, but I have no idea where it was.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004 09:15:27 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004 11:39:40 AM »

Did you mean like this:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=8041.0

It would look great with paint swatches. I might have to try that for my Christmas tree next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004 05:04:49 PM »

Yes!  Just like that.  Pretty!!  Think of the color schemes you could do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Raspberry Pavlova Recipe
Confetti Fudge Bites
How to Make Mini Grapefruit Pies
How to Make Grapefruit Broiled With Vanilla
How to Make Grapefruit Angel Food Shortcake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...