A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Knits: Waterlilly Top- too much for a 1st sweater/preg/labor project?  (Read 454 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pixelpusher
« on: March 05, 2006 08:55:26 PM »

OK, so I am very pregnant (3 weeks til due date) and want to have something fairly easy and distracting to knit for early labor... and wanted to make something for myself that I would be able to wear that might cover any post-baby lumps I might have... I saw the Waterlilly top in Interweave Knits and it looked perfect- BUUUUT sounds complicated.  I think it might be too much for a first sweater/actual garment project.  I have made many a hat, scarf and multiple pairs of fuzzy feet slippers, but no actual shirts.  Anyone made this top yet, and can anyone lead me to something similar that might be simpler?  Thanks!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006 12:08:40 PM »

I just bought the ribbon yarn this weekend!! I ended up buying Berroco Yogo which has some really beautiful colors and, of course, a great price!! I got the color swami - http://www.berroco.com/shade_cards/yoga_sh.html
I dont have a ton of experience with sweaters either but I am going ahead with the knowledge in my head and heart that once you can knit you can knit anything it just might take a little more patience and time but it can and will be done!! Im not sure how much time youll have to work on it with a new baby in the house unless you can finish it before the little one is here!! If this is a first baby youll be fine with extra time to knit unless baby doesnt sleep -if this is number 2 or 3 it will be a little more difficult (from experience!). I wish you luck with it it is truly a beautiful pattern!!! Id even be up for a knit a long if anyone else is???

Oh and Happy Baby!!!! What a wonderful time of life!!! Blessings to you and your family!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
pixelpusher
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006 06:52:24 PM »

Grin
Well... I actually totally copycatted you.
I just ordered the SAME yarn and in the SAME colorway - haha!
Like you said, if you can knit you can do it. I'll knit to that.  Wink

Thanks on the congrats.  This is our first.  The idea was to knit while in labor haha to distract me.. we will see how that goes.  I will start it well in advance - well, depending on when the yarn gets here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Undo Command in Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Toolbox in InDesign CS3
How to Use the Zoom Tool in After Effects CS3
How to Use the Zoom Tool in Flash CS3
How to View Rulers in Flash
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...