A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CINCINNATI! Let's get together.....yeah yeah yeah?  (Read 2016 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DorkasaurusRex
« on: March 05, 2006 07:58:53 AM »

Hi Cincinnati!  I've gotten permission to organize a craft fair of sorts at the Starbucks I work at.  We have zero business on the weekends compared to our weekday mornings, so we get to do whetever we want and take over the whole store.  A lot of girls at my store craft and sell in the cafe when they're not working.  My estimated craft DOA is around the first week of May, where hopefully it will be warm and we can set up a few tables outside too. 

I need to gauge how many of you would be interested in coming so I know it's even something that will be worthwhile and start promoting it!  Let me know if you're interested and what you want to sell; quirky and slightly irreverent crafts welcome.  Hopefully, the Cincinnati Craft Mafia (http://cincinnaticraftmafia.com/ will be involved as well; they're stupendous girls whom I highly recommend meeting, as they are hilarious and inspirational, and helped me a lot when I first started crafting.  The whole point of this show for me is to build community (which is how I got corporate approval as well), but I would love to meet more Craftsters, and make a few bucks as well.

(Location is off 275 between 75 and 71, PS.  I'll get more specific once we get rolling.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
lararum
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006 04:12:12 PM »

Sounds like a great idea.  I won't have anything ready by then.  Too many projects in line.  Imagine that.
I will plan on attending, if I'm not working that day. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006 10:58:18 AM »

That sounds fantastic!  I would love to make some of my purses available! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006 03:49:24 PM »

Sounds like a great idea.  I won't have anything ready by then.  Too many projects in line.  Imagine that.
I will plan on attending, if I'm not working that day. 

The date isn't set yet, so if a week later would help and we have quorum, I'd move it back a week or so in order to have more involvment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
tinaeatyourham
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006 08:39:28 PM »

ooo i am very interested in going to meet people and to see everyone's crafts.  i think this is a great idea!  good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pcockey
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006 09:26:27 AM »

Excellent! Keep us updated, I'd love to come sell!

ETA: That's what I get for replying whilst on the phone. I make all kinds of stuff; I'm actually primarily a knitter, but unless I can finish up a lace scarf pattern I'm working on and have one done by then, I doubt I'd have much in the order of knitting. I do however also make paper and I do a lot of polymer clay work (well, okay, I make a lot of skull beads), plus the occasional mala and some other Buddha-inspired stuff. I'm constantly doing different stuff, so I can definitely promise an eclectic mix!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006 09:31:50 AM by pcockey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrgrita
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006 02:28:25 PM »

I would show:)  Don't know if I'd sell though.  I could maybe bring a few things, but I'd rather check out other peeps stuff, socialize, drink coffee, and maybe buy....
~margarita
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inspiring
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006 08:16:56 AM »

I would be interested... but it really depends on the weekend you choose.  I am doing a fair in Indiana on the 13th of May.  Are you thinking a one day thing?

I make handpainted wooden decor and jewerly.  Some things I make include jewelry boxes, frames, mirros, plaques. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cletusfetus
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006 06:06:02 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=86236.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006 05:37:29 PM »

If you guys aren't already bookmarking the above link, follow it over there and keep an eye on the thread.  All the official details are hammered out, and it's one month to the day and counting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 19/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 15/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 16/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 17/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 14/30
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...