A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Suggestions Needed for Naughty Boob Crafts - Breast Cancer Fund Raiser  (Read 8230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

racehorse87
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006 09:27:18 PM »

A slight variation on the bra purse is the corset purse. There's quite a few examples here: http://www.oliveoyls.com/store/corset.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2006 09:39:45 PM »

Ok, just because I don't have time to read the whole thing (not that it is very long at this point...), but ideas started flowing when I read your original post here's some things that came to mind... Sorry if these have already been said...

You can get fabric stiffener, and stiffen up some thrift store bras (or whatever), then decorate them all crafty like, then they are art! You can do boob cupcakes for your next blog reading, you could do a boob calendar (either of single boobed, double boobed, or no boobed ladies...), you could get local (or with some effort not so local) celebrities (local news casters are always kinda fun for this) to decorate one of your bras as suggested above... you could also do a transfer to t-shirt of someone's boobs. I am sure polymer clay boobs have been suggested, a singel boob on a piece of leather around you neck would be cute, also knit, crochet, sew, molded, papermache, whatever a boob and make it a pin or adornment for a bag, find a screen printer and wholesale tote bags, and viola! boob bags.
I think it is perfectly acceptable to have a bucket simply asking for donations for your friend too. I am sorry to hear about her cancer. Please let us know if we can do anything to help... When are your next events? Maybe I can make a stash of something and send them to you? PM me...

Hope something here was original, and hope that something I've said has inspired something else!!!;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Kristen81
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2006 09:49:14 PM »

If you are into something this risque I saw a docmentary about an artist that makes paintings by painting parts of the female body and pressing them against canvas.  This would be easy to do on those small cardboard canvases from the craft store, then you just need poster paint. You paint right on the skin, then press the canvas agains the painted skin.  At first when you look at it you may not know just what it is but the more you look...and the paintings actually turn out really nice.

Here is a link to give you a better idea of what I mean.

http://www.bernadinefox.ca/breast_plates.html

Or here:

http://www.marycathrynroth.com/painting/1996-1997/1996-1997.htm

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2006 09:53:12 PM »

If you are into something this risque I saw a docmentary about an artist that makes paintings by painting parts of the female body and pressing them against canvas.  This would be easy to do on those small cardboard canvases from the craft store, then you just need poster paint. You paint right on the skin, then press the canvas agains the painted skin.  At first when you look at it you may not know just what it is but the more you look...and the paintings actually turn out really nice.

Here is a link to give you a better idea of what I mean.

http://www.bernadinefox.ca/breast_plates.html

Or here:

http://www.marycathrynroth.com/painting/1996-1997/1996-1997.htm

Doood! that's a sweet idea! I reneg all the suggestions I made to do this one! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
KosherTaco
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006 12:27:26 AM »

you could make boob cupcakes and bonbons always looked like breasts to me anyway.  my aunt had a "bye bye boobie" party where everything was breast related in a fun way to lighten her spirits and i think she even had boob lolipops made out of white chocolate or something.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Tuesday
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006 04:19:16 AM »

I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but Irish comedian Graham Norton gave Dolly Parton a boob pillow. Kind of a homage to her girls. The picture doesn't really do it justice, it has sequins on and glittery things ^_^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

- What do vegan zombies eat?
- Graaaaains!
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006 04:51:17 AM »

someone may have suggested this, but what about a raffle? Get local businesses to donate items, and/or you and your friends could make things to raffle off. 

I know that one of the big quilter's magazines did a fundraiser for breast cancer by asking for donations of quilt blocks.  Readers made the quilt blocks, sent them in to the mag, and they were sewn together into quilts and auctioned off on ebay.  If you and your friends sew, perhaps you could do a variation on that idea somehow?

A really easy idea for your craft/bake sale would be to make melt and pour soaps, if you could find a mold the right shape. Or chocolates- many joke stores sell ice cube trays shaped like breasts, that you could use for melt and pour chocolates.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
Ruby Rouge
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006 04:55:41 AM »

You could learn how to make pasties (I could show you), find a burlesque performer willing to volunteer their skills for an afternoon and then organize a tassel twirling workshop! Everyone would pay a certain amount, and for that they would receive a pair of tassels and a lesson in different twirling techniques.

It is so possible! - i know coz I've done it!

Yopu would be amazed at how many people will volunteer their time to help others out - it really reaffirms your faith in humanity!

Good luck! (-:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SprocketJones
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006 05:10:10 AM »

What about a boobie cake walke?  Having a table filled with cupcakes were decorated like boobs with various sized and colored nipples... and then you could have a contest to either find the closest matching pair or the pair that most resembles your own???

If you hold a benefit - you could try engaging the industries her friends work in too.  For example, a classmate of mine is holding a benefit for one of her friends who is battling cancer. She's an insurance agent, she sent out a letter about her friend to local insurance agencies - she rec'd a blind company donation of $1,000.00 - she doesn't know who saw the poster and decided to donate.  She asked each of us (and mind you, we're just classmates of the friend holding the benefit...) if we would help fundraise as well.  I think part of it is branching out as much as you can so that you have many people benefitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The strangest secret in the world is that you become what you think about.  Earl Nightingale

sprocketjones.etsy.com
cocinero
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006 05:32:50 AM »

Did you consider this one?

(Original Source: http://www.abum.com/file/shadow/pictures/11951.jpg)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006 05:37:36 AM by cocinero » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Outdoor Natural Portrait Photography
Fashion and Beauty Photography Lighting Set-Ups
How to Take Night Shots
Quick Little Charming Christmas Photo Shoot
How to Hack a Canon Camera Using CHDK
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...