A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Suggestions Needed for Naughty Boob Crafts - Breast Cancer Fund Raiser  (Read 8180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006 05:34:03 PM »

hmm i saw around here somewhere someone made knitted/ crocheted nighties and other forms of lingere, also someone made purses out of old bra's of their mother who had breast cancer and no longer could use them. Personally i think if you did an auction or craft show it'd be funny to have boob baskets, that had a bunch of boob items in them. and for some reason chocolate covered cherries remind me of boobs heh and the boob pillow was on here! It also depends i guess on who exactly your audience is going to be. you could have items that local group (like red hat's/ or shriners/elk lodge) members might be interested in. i think a boob cake has to be thrown in there somewhere as well. Good luck to your friend! and has she gotten information from the american cancer society?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
babiestarlite13
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006 05:36:49 PM »

When my brother turned 16 we made him a "boob cake" you could make semi circle cakes.  They are fun and easy, use nude colored frosting, dar ker for the nipples, and a cherry on top "   Grin  And if you dont want nude ones, you could make bikinis on them   Hope that helps   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewrayme
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006 06:06:55 PM »

I am so sorry about your friend.  She is so lucky to have you and her other friends around.  I'm sure she'll always appreciate you and your group and all you are doing for her.

I just saw a really cute idea of making a purse out of a french underwire bra..  I believe it was by a craftster named pattiewack. 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79128.msg745734#msg745734
This is one of her posts about the bra ( or just type in "my bra purse" in the search screen).

She also has it on her website...
http://pattiewack.com/bra_art_purse.html

HTH and healthy wishes to your friend.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006 06:11:59 PM by sewrayme » THIS ROCKS   Logged

but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
HippieAtHeart

I have become comfortably numb...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006 06:57:41 PM »

Wow. You guys are great friends to do that for her! The best of luck!

I've made a few myself, bra purses! I don't have any pictures of the ones I made, but here's some examples:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year - Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure! Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh! - Rocky Horror Picture Show
funkyhooker
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006 06:58:39 PM »

I love the bra purse idea!  If you are sure you'd like to do a craft sale for her.... let us know.  I'd love to donate something to the cause!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
funkyhooker
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006 07:02:14 PM »

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1165

I fogot to add the "how to" page link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
McJulie-O
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006 07:52:20 PM »

Those bra purses are VERY eyecatching! I'd bet they would sell beautifully...maybe you could get a Victoria's Secret store (or something equivalent) to donate for the cause!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006 08:05:16 PM »

I've made boob cakes for some male friends using stainless steel mixing bowls for the cake form.

A really cool fundraising idea I've heard of is a school selling baskets at a silent auction during a benefit dinner.  Each class had a certain theme (one was barbie for example) and each child brought in one thing for the basket. (so a few barbie dolls ended up in it, some clothes, someone made a babie storage thing, a barbie pillow, etc.)  I don't know if this would be something you could use, but maybe you could have her work put one together, her knitting club do one, each of her good friends make one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
abandondefenses
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006 08:33:26 PM »

a local breast cancer foundation does something with the decorating bras idea, but they get businesses and people to "sponsor" a bra. basically, you pay $100 or something to get the bra, then you can decorate it, send it in, and they're all on display at a charity night dinner or whatnot.

for charity work like this, i've found that local businesses are super responsive. if you're in the us, try getting in touch with your local chapter of ACS for backing!

best of luck to you and especially your friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

forget regret, or life is yours to miss...

GO BEARS!
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006 08:40:30 PM »

first of all, my best wishes to your friend.  We do fundraisers every month at work (for people in need at work).. 50/50s go well and so do bake sales.  We also had a soup bar....5.00 a ticket.. and you got homemade soup and bread..What makes these work is that everything is donated.  Last month someone's child passed away.  Everyone at the plant donated bluejeans and I made a blue jean quilt out of the legs.  It raised 450.00....You can also see if you can have local business' donate things like haircuts and carwashes or oil changes.

I know we have a local hospital that will work with you and help pay expenses if you are someone with a lower income.  You might want to see if there is one in your area that will do the same (Ours is St. Mary's)

Finally, cans in gas stations/bars etc seem to go well but make sure you only have one person doing the collecting.  We actually had someone steal the money out of the can that worked at the plant.... EVIL

Finally, just pass a card around work and have people donate their popcans... In a months time we collected and raised 3000.00
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Sound-Off: Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina Jolie, Liam Hemsworth
Every Piece of Denim You Should Own
How to Make a Jeweled Sweatshirt
Holiday Fashion Tips for Parties and More
Trend Alert: Lace Pumps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...