A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flapperish or 1930's Cloche Hat with Flower - - Pattern Too!  (Read 91732 times)
Tags for this thread: cloche , featured_project , hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2004 12:06:57 PM »

I'm such a nerd.  I read it but I guess it didn't register with me. So, where would one find yarn like that or what yarn is close to being like that. Right now, I'm using Bernat super value yarn. Anywho, as I said before this hat is WICKED AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roxycat
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004 05:59:38 PM »

I so want to make this hat! But I'm having problems. I tend to get confused by crochet patterns regarding chain spaces and such and I end up with extra stitches. Could you please include in your pattern how many chains or stitiches you are supposed to have at the end of each round? I've attempted this hat twice and by the third or fourth round it's all ripply, like I have too many stitches. I'm using the recommended yarn and hook size. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, thank you!

Kara

I also ran into the same prob. once I reached like... row 7 or 8 it really started curling like I had excess stitches Sad I'd like to know how many stitches you should have at the end of each round, too. It would help a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coolbeans

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004 06:17:00 PM »

Hey girlypirate, what type of yarn did you use?

BeppyCat, are rows 7-18 increasing? Cause that's what I'm doing or is it suppose to just stay the same.  I'm just asking because that back of the hat is looking a little strange to me.  But, hopefully I'm doing it right.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004 07:49:16 PM »

Sorry I didn't post the stitch counts earlier, I forgot to answer... oops  Embarrassed

Rnd 1: 6
Rnd 2: 12 (2 sts in every st)
Rnd 3: 24 (2 sts in every st)
Rnd 4: 36 (2 sts in every other st)
Rnd 5: 48 (2 sts in every third st)

After round 6 there is no more increasing.  I'm not sure why things are getting ruffly for you guys, it was flat for me when I did it this way.  I'm not making promises, but maybe using a smaller hook will work better?

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
roxycat
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004 10:36:00 PM »

Oh thanks so much for posting that- it all makes sense to me now! I'm working on it and it's coming along- will post pics soon! Thanks again! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2004 07:33:45 AM »

i used antique 50/50 wool nylon.  i has to be 40 years old.  i have about 6oz still.  it's either hats or mittens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shes crafty
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2004 01:33:22 AM »

Okay, so I just finished mine in a light yellow.  I don't have a digital camera, have to borrow from a friend, so I will have to wait to post pics.  I think it came out fantastic being my first hat.  I have been wanting to try a hat and I loved the pattern as soon as I saw it, so thank you very much BeppyCat!!
But I do have a question.  I had some trouble when joining beginning with rnd 6.  It says to skip last dc and join to 3rd ch of beginning ch.  If I did that it left a huge space.  Maybe I wasn't pulling tight enough, I don't know?  So, I just winged it.   I do want to make more though and want to do it right!  It left the V shapes (formed when you dc, ch 1, dc into the ch 1 space) that come down the hat a little askew.  When I get the camera I'll post the pics if I'm not explaining well enough.  Sorry!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysolda
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2004 07:26:25 AM »

ooh purdy... just wondering how much yarn you used? roughly, I never seem to be very good at figuring out crochet yardages, I have a lot more experience of knitting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
mj_elizabeth
maryjean

I love my staple gun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004 10:47:39 PM »

I'm just learning to crochet so this probably isn't a very good project for me right away but I'm still gona buy the yarn for it and then I'll have to make it Cheesy I'll probably end up having my aunt finish it while i pretend that she's only showing me how to do it myself Cheesy

almost forgot to ask....Does anyone know what size metric hook you'd need for this?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004 10:49:14 PM by mj_elizabeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2004 10:49:57 PM »

It's not that hard of a pattern.  You just need to make sure you count your stitches.  Umm, you need a 5.00mm hook.  Are you from Canada?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spring Trend Report: Styling Denim Jackets
Spring Trend Report: Camo Whammo
Palmer//Harding Spring 2014 Menswear
Umit Benan Spring 2014 Menswear
How New York Fashion Week Showgoers Are Wearing Fall’s Hottest Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...