A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flapperish or 1930's Cloche Hat with Flower - - Pattern Too!  (Read 96051 times)
Tags for this thread: cloche , featured_project , hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pixelpusher
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004 06:19:48 AM »

I must say, that hat is sooo cute, and fits Sarafroggy so nicely!   Smiley
I would love a hat like that, but I havent the first clue how to crochet aside from making a long chain by finger crochet. Tongue Is crochet easier than knitting?  I may try this out someday,or I may say aw screwit and just buy one from ya! heehee!

ps-
Is there a way to knit and make a loose, pretty lace like that? knitting I can handle. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SarahFroggy
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004 06:48:24 AM »

beppycat, you wouldn't say it looked good on me if you saw the other pictures..hehe they were bad Tongue it looks much better in person. i'm just not photogenic at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004 07:20:38 AM »

i made this absolutely groovy hat last night, (omitting the flower because it's a boy i'm giving it to), and i'm giving it to a friend as a birthday present.  will post pictures tonight after the party. i'm so grateful i saw this pattern in time to do some last-minute gift making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2004 05:25:32 PM »

Pixelpusher, I wouldn't say that either knitting or crochet is easier than the other is, but in my experience, everyone tends to think the one they learned first is the easy one.  My mom is an awesome knitter, but she hates to crochet even though she does it well because she didn't learn to crochet till after she learned to knit.  And I love crocheting, but I can barely knit.  Everyone else I've ever talked to about it says the same, it's always "Knitting is so much easier!"  or "I can crochet so much better than I can knit!" and it always depends on what they learned to do first.  That said, there are also plenty of people who do both just fine and like them both.  Also, this hat isn't super complicated, it's a good beginner thing to try.  I wouldn't think it's a good first project, but it'd be good for a second or third project I think.  Good luck if you try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
ilovemyff
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2004 07:38:58 AM »

I so want to make this hat! But I'm having problems. I tend to get confused by crochet patterns regarding chain spaces and such and I end up with extra stitches. Could you please include in your pattern how many chains or stitiches you are supposed to have at the end of each round? I've attempted this hat twice and by the third or fourth round it's all ripply, like I have too many stitches. I'm using the recommended yarn and hook size. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, thank you!

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2004 01:44:07 PM »

yeah, so i gave the hat to my buddy, but forgot to take a picture with it on him.  i did, however, get one with my dear friend elmo.

it's way cuter on kyle.
p.s.  i omitted the last round of dc before switching to the pattern because it made my hat way too huge.  my gauge was pretty close, so check the pattern just in case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
holly holy

never hide your jersey pride

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004 06:42:56 AM »

ok, i finished the hat (plus a skinny little scarf to go with it).  i ended up crocheting into the chain, instead of around it (not the easiest way!), and it came out fabulously.  however, my hat was big enough at row tweve, instead of eighteen (you know, how you repeat row seven from 8-18).  i repeated row 7 from 8-12, added the two finishing rows, and it came out well.  my flower was horrible, so i omitted the second row of petals.  very cute!  if i can figure out how to post pics, i will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chessa Kitty
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2004 08:35:46 AM »

Ok, this was so cute that I had to try it.  I have never crocheted with a pattern before, so I had to start over a couple of times until I got the hang of what the stitches were supposed to look like.  I opted for a littler flower...

From the front...

From the side

I used a g-sized hook (all i have at the moment) and the yarn i used was pretty un-stretchy, and toward the end it started getting a little tight (or maybe it's just my fat head!  Tongue) so I left off the very last row.  it's definitely not *perfect*, but i'm happy for my first project.  yay for crochet!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2004 10:56:05 AM »

I'm working on this right now.  I'm so excited!!!

Hey SarahFroggy what kind of yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2004 02:34:26 PM »

Chessa Kitty, that's really nice looking!  Thanks for posting a pic.  You too Girlypirate!

Coolbeans, the hat SarahFroggy posted is the one I made for her.  I used a vintage acrylic yarn that's sort of a light weight worsted.  The name of it is in my original post.

I think that the differences in size that are happening for some people are due to the size of the yarn.  Mine is a pretty light weight worsted, smaller than, say, red heart super saver.  But really that's the nice thing about this pattern, it's totally adjustable and you can personalize it however you want.

I'm so glad everyone likes my pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Burberry Cape Look For Fraction Of The Price
Selena Gomez Leads the Red-Hot Red Carpet!
Why Julianne Moore Is Ageless
What to Wear to Tailgate Parties
3 Ways to Wear Midi Trousers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...