A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Specialty Swap? (non-newbie)  (Read 806 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arabella
« on: March 03, 2006 07:42:04 PM »

I saw on the active swaps there is a Newbie Specialty Swap. I love the idea of a specialty swap (if anyone wants anything crocheted!) but I'm not exactly a newbie...

As I understand it, you list your best 3 crafts, and your 3 most wanted, then participants are matched up with someone who wants something that you do, and who does something that you want.  E.g. I can't knit, so I get a knitter, who wants something crocheted.  Or it wouldn't have to be one-to-one, Craftster A could send to Craftster B who could send to Crafster C who sends to Crafster A.  if that makes sense.

would any non-newbie craftsters be interested in doing a specialty swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CwT
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006 07:45:59 PM »

Sounds like a great idea Smiley
As soon as I get a chance to relax / not work I can do a lot of design work Wink
(Buisness Cards , Photography , Web Design etc..)
To freaking tired to think straight  Huh

Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006 07:47:43 PM by CwT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006 05:09:38 PM »

i like this idea and have never participated in a swap before!  I like the idea of being able to trade my skills for an object from someone with different skills.

should we pm you with the info?  or just post it here?

oh and i'm not a non-newbie per-say, but i am not an expert by all means LOL Smiley  so i can do something a little more advanced i think Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arabella
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006 09:49:49 AM »

cherry blossom - right now this swap is in the development stage - if there is enough interest it will move into the Swap stage, then I'll collect info.  the "newbie" refers to new to swapping, not new to crafting!  So since you've never participated in a swap before, you could do the newbie Speciality Swap, which is taking signups right now!  (not that I don't want you, just that we don't know if this proposed swap will actually become a swap, whereas that specialty swap is actually happening) 

here is the link to that swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82341.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006 12:44:27 PM »

cherry blossom - right now this swap is in the development stage - if there is enough interest it will move into the Swap stage, then I'll collect info.  the "newbie" refers to new to swapping, not new to crafting!  So since you've never participated in a swap before, you could do the newbie Speciality Swap, which is taking signups right now!  (not that I don't want you, just that we don't know if this proposed swap will actually become a swap, whereas that specialty swap is actually happening) 

here is the link to that swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82341.0

AH i misread!  LOL sorry about that Cheesy  thanks for the link!  maybe i'll give it a go then Cheesy 
thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EowynUlysses
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006 09:27:34 PM »

I was thinking almost the same thing arabella! So count me in.
I'm another crocheter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
ksew
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006 07:55:01 AM »

I would love to do this swap!  I have never participated in a swap before, and I was just reading the rules, etc of swapping.  I am a *bit* confused about the whole way it works... but , this sounds like the right place for me.. what I want to do is this..
I can't knit or crochet, but I desparately want a pair of leg warmers.  I sew bags, purses, cd wallets, organizers, belts, and notebook cases.  could I swap something I do for some leg warmers>?? and how do I do this??? sorry for all the questions..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EowynUlysses
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006 03:26:06 PM »

Ksew: You can participate in the newbie swap if you'd like, as you are new to wapping. It has already started signups.

Basically the way swaps work is you join a swap you are interested in by sending your info to the organizer. (When signups have begun the organizer will make a new post with info about send by dates and a questionnaire for participants to fill out.) The organizer will review everyone's info and match people based on their likes and/or abilities. So you would be matched to a person who can knit or crochet and who wants a sewn bag. Then everyone crafts and sends. And all is well in the world.
Does that answer your questions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
verycrafty
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006 01:46:50 PM »

I would like this swap. I know how to knit a little. I wanna particiapate in one but I am a newbie and plus I dont think my sister will let me  Sad I would love something sewn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chelsa
Chelsa

Fashion Design

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006 06:08:57 PM »

I am organizing the newbie specialty swap and it is going to be the best swap ever. I can tell that everyone is really excited and I can get partners to match up so everyone can get all 3 things on their list as long as they're willing to make all three things on their partners list. I was planning on having a non-newbie swap when this one was over. I might have to sneak into the newbie one

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why are you trying to fit in,
When you're born to stand out!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to cheat a look on Camera
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial - Reconnecting Footage
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial
What Is White Balance?
What Does THX Mean?
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...