A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [adult swim] gallery  (Read 14241 times)
Tags for this thread: adult_swim , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 03, 2006 05:49:24 PM »

Post 'em when you get 'em!

Original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72871.0
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006 06:40:16 PM by irid3sc3nt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
JKaz
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006 12:24:39 PM »

I recieved from krebstar5 on saturday..and now I have tons of pics to share!!
I got so much stuff! I was so surprised! And it was the greatest package ever!
There was a beautifully embroirdered tote, gorgeous jewelry box filled with two necklaces, a keychain, a bracelet and a shrinky dink, a cute little Kagome figurine, a duct tape pouch filled with candies, some stickers and a beautiful blue scarf!

The whole package:

Jewelry box:

Jewelry:

Pouch:

Figurine:

Me modeling the scarf:

Stickers:

Closeup of embroidery on tote:

Sorry if that's too many pics.. I was excited.. lol

Thank you sooo much for the great package! And thank you irid3sc3nt for organizing such a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krebstar5
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006 01:57:38 PM »

Hooray!  I am so glad you liked everything!  I was a bit worried because JKaz is an amazing artist and I wanted to do her justice.  I decided to stick to shows that I was familiar with so nothing would seem too random, except for the scarf.  The scarf was my ode to the bumpers because they always feel like they are a bit random...so I made the scarf to look like something unrelated to everything else (fuzzy and with a different color scheme).  I wanted the jewelry to look like something Faye might own, so I'm really glad you like everything anyway. ^_^

Wow, the close-up of the tote looks good on film.  I'm glad you are pleased with it in real life too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
KeenBean
SappyMooseTree

Oh mah glob

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006 03:26:40 PM »

soooo cooooool!!!! what is the last necklace ( picture DSC00974.jpg) made of??? it looks like glass???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mandy
JKaz
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006 03:31:53 PM »

Isn't it nifty? I think it's a shrinky dink.. it's plasticy.. Smiley I can't wait to match it to an outfit.. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krebstar5
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006 06:01:38 AM »

It is plastic.  It was my first ever attempt at fusing shrinky dinks.  the funny thing is that none of my other pieces after that one came out very nice...  I guess my tip is, the more simple, the better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog-
http://smalerie.com

Rule 1: To do rather than watch.
http://www.journeyofwill.com
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006 06:05:53 AM »

Hey your stuff looks great!  I wish I had been a member of craftster long enough to join this swap before, but I really hope someone involved starts a second round!  AdultSwim is a nice broad theme to craft on, and of course, it rocks!!  I'll be watching to see the crafts and if anyone starts round 2!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
JKaz
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006 08:15:32 AM »

ohhhh.. I'd love if there was a round two! I'd definitely sign up again.. Smiley

I can't wait to see pics of what everyone else recieved too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
regansbox
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006 10:29:21 AM »

AdultSwim is a nice broad theme to craft on, and of course, it rocks!! 

It's a blessing and a curse. This ended up being one of the problems with the swap: because there are so many options, some of us got matched with folks whose favorite show we abhored (and vice versa). I ended up making more stuff from the lower bit of my swap partner's top five, because we had those in common. But I still made her something for her favorite show, because I thought it'd be a shame not to.

So... lessons learned for the organizer for next time. In addition to having a favorite shows / favorite characters section, add an option for two or three shows you would prefer NOT to craft for and then ensure you don't match these folks with Craftsters who have one of those in their top three. We had anime crop up as an issue late on in our sign-up period. I think if we'd started with a "don't give me these specific shows" section on the initial questionnaire it would have worked better. Saying that, I think we'd want to limit it to a certain number of "don't give me these shows" (two or three maybe?) or we'd end up with an "I love these three shows. Match me with someone else who does," which is not the intent of the swap.

This is definitely not to knock irid3sc3nt's efforts. This was a massively complicated swap to organize and hats off to her. Just wanted to ensure that if there's another round the organizer is aware of the complications. Spreadsheets are probably in order. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006 11:53:19 AM »

I agree with regansbox.  It is almost too wide of a theme.  I tried to match people up as best I could to get a few shows the same at least.  That's why there was such a strange partner match-up.  Some people did not want to be matched with anime at all, some only put one show as their favorite, and it gets harder if you have people that are outside the united states because some don't want to swap outside the U.S. or some want to see if someone from their area signs up...   So you may have a great match, but they may not be willing to send to one another.

So, yes, the next organizer...  good luck Grin
I'm sure they would appreciate it if anyone else said their input on this swap as well. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Lighten Certain Areas of an Image
How to Retouch in Photoshop
How to Make Big Prints in Photoshop
Photoshop tutorial
How to Removing Objects in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...