A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ferragamo Knit Bag-along?  (Read 155483 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zarafa
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2007 09:13:43 AM »

hi all Smiley 

i'm a newcomer to craftster so i came a little late to the fake-a-gamo party.  but i just finished the first side of mine and i am thrilled with it.  (thanks SO much for the pattern!)

some pictures here

i am curious... i kind of like the lumpy look.  did most of you block yours to flatten it out a bit or did you leave it wavy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrjunior
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2007 10:50:24 AM »

so cute, zarafa!  i really like your modifications, and i love that color, esp. with the dark brown handles. 

i didn't block mine-- it sort of flattens/stretches itself out a bit once you put stuff in it.

cantafruit, we should definitely have a new designer bag-a-long-- it was so cool to read all 30-something pages of this thread and watch you guys decode this pattern.  i can't imagine how exciting it would be to be in on it for the whole process!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
zarafa
« Reply #392 on: February 24, 2007 11:22:36 AM »

thanks!  i agonized over what to do with the top for a really long tmie.  there were so many great variations here.  the other night i was contemplating breaking down and going to the craft store on a handle hunt when i remembered i had some floating around from ages ago that i should probably use.  luckily the pattern was pretty much perfect for tapering down to fit them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Andrea_Chi
« Reply #393 on: February 26, 2007 09:23:03 AM »

Hi. I'm a newbie at knitting bags and I'm now working on shaping the handle of the bag, but I can't understand some of the instructions. I have done this: "Continue in Pattern Repeat 2 for 25 sts. Bind off center 3 sts; continue in pattern until end of row," but can't understand the next line  which says: "Working in pattern as established, continue to bind off one stitch at each handle edge every other row five times." I think I need a more detailed instruction. Hope you can help. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2007 11:48:16 AM »

Here, on my blog I posted a picture of my re-write instructions (the original document got deleted some how):

http://www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
Andrea_Chi
« Reply #395 on: February 27, 2007 07:13:01 PM »

Thanks, I have a copy of the pattern, but can't understand how to do the V-shape portion of the bag leading to the handle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: February 27, 2007 07:15:55 PM »

ha ha-- yeah, it helps to read the rest of people's writings... lol. I must have been dosing off while reading. Your question was hard to miss.

Anyways, I had a lot of people in the past asking for it. It's officially posted now.  Wink

I haven't done the v-shaped part to it, because I used a different handle method... sorry.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
smrjunior
« Reply #397 on: February 27, 2007 08:29:13 PM »

andrea, let me see if i can help explain-- you've knit your 25 stitches in pattern, bound off 3, then knit (i'm guessing it's symmetrical, i'm not looking at the pattern) 25 more stitches in pattern.  go ahead and put the first 25 stitches (before the 3 bind off) onto a stitch holder or some scrap yarn to get them out of your way.  turn your work and knit in pattern again back to where you bound off those last three stitches (work all the stitches you still have on your needle).  now turn your work again, bind off a stitch, and then continue in pattern until the end of the row.  now you should have 24 stitches.  *turn and work in pattern to end of row.  turn, bind off one, and work in pattern to end of row*- 23 sts. repeat from *to* three more times until you've bound off 5 stitches at the handle edge every other row five times.  (lots of patterns are written like this, so it's good to get used to this type of writing).  now you need to work the stitches on the stitch holder.  start at the bound off stitches, since the last time you worked these stitches, you were working towards the center of the bag, now you want to work away from the center.  *bind off the first stitch, work in pattern to the end of the row, turn and work in pattern back to the center.*  repeat from *to* 4 more times.

sorry this was so long.  hope it helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
olgajazzy
« Reply #398 on: February 28, 2007 09:28:57 AM »

A close up of a new Ferragamo Bag

Closer here http://www.flickr.com/photos/olgajazzy/404103750/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zarafa
« Reply #399 on: March 05, 2007 01:35:43 PM »

mine is done at last  Smiley

here is the finished purse

and here is a close up of the lining (which was just some left over fabric i had lying around) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take a Group Portrait
How to Take a Portrait
How to Take Great Photographs
How to Take Pictures of Wild Animals
How to Choose the Right Lens for Your DSLR Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...