A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
819 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ferragamo Knit Bag-along?  (Read 148492 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tigerlounge2000
« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2007 11:33:12 AM »

There is a great article in the new Craft about knitters recreating their own designer bags... three great pics of a Dior, Chanel, and Louis Vuitton, 'reimagined' in knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hitbyabus

knit your own damn sweater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2007 11:46:06 AM »

have you guys seen this? it's the NEW knit bag from ferragamo...and it can be yours for a mere $2,450.00.

ouch.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrjunior
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2007 12:27:07 PM »

aaah, i just finished my fakie last night, but my camera is acting up-- the main problem is that i promised myself i would mail it to its recipient today.  but i really want to get pics first....dilemma!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2007 07:01:01 PM »

have you guys seen this? it's the NEW knit bag from ferragamo...and it can be yours for a mere $2,450.00.

ouch.

Woowza! We can make it.. doesn't look too hard to make. You in, Kate?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
M and M
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2007 08:58:38 AM »

Oh, my!  Definitely overpriced and it's not as cute.  Just my impression. 

May
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrjunior
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2007 03:01:35 PM »

so i still haven't mailed the bag....  her birthday was january 18th, what's a few more days?

anyway, i finally got the camera to take pictures, and then it got in a fight with my computer and refused to give me its pictures.  but the boy took over and made it behave.  so here she is!

this one shows the color really well:

and here's one with me for scale:

and all laid out flat:

i ended up using a fake leather (vinyl) purse that i found at kohls for about $10 as the top and lining-- i machine sewed it, so that was exciting!  i'm not entirely thrilled about the way the top is just slightly wider than the bag and kind of pulls it, but i think once it's full of stuff it'll be okay.  hopefully the aspiring fashion designer will like it.  i've already started on a mini for myself to ease the pain of separation.

-sarah
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 03:00:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
hitbyabus

knit your own damn sweater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2007 06:32:32 PM »

wow...sarah, that looks fantastic!
i love the top...was it hard sewing it with the machine? did you have to cut it off the original bag? whatev...it turned out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrjunior
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2007 07:31:42 PM »

it was hard, but i think i made it harder than i needed to...

i bought the bag a while ago, and i just pulled the lining inside out (so i wouldn't accidentally cut it) and the sliced off the top of the bag.  i had bought leather needles and upholstery thread for my machine, but the machine didn't like the thread (it was pretty slippery) and it kept trying to eat it.  i put in regular thread to re-sew the lining (the original bag was bigger than the fakie, so the lining was too big) and then i was hand-sewing and muttering obscenities at my machine, so i decided to just go for it.  and it worked.  and it was so easy.  i didn't even have to sandwich it between fabric or paper like i thought i would have to do to prevent my machine from eating it.  and i don't think i used the leather needle, either (which probably wasn't too good on my needle, but whatever).  i wish i had taken a little more time to sew the knitting on straight, since the garter stitch shows pretty obviously that it's not quite perfect, but oh well.  as a sidenote, i think the vinyl looks pretty good for being vinyl.  especially since it only cost $10, which is probably what i would have spent on handles and lining fabric, anyway.  plus it came with built-in pockets and zippers!  it doesn't smell like leather, but that's okay by me.

alright, dissertation over.  i should really start a blog so i can ramble on and on about my knitting over there instead of over here...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

M and M
« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2007 06:35:27 AM »

Good idea and great job, Sarah!  The second version will be even better.  Wink  Congrats!

May
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cantafruit
« Reply #389 on: February 24, 2007 07:40:26 AM »

sarah I love it!!

Now we can start a new topic for the new Ferragamo bag, hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*personal swap, anyone? I sew, knit and crochet*

wist: http://www.wists.com/cantafruit
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CHI Organics Olive Hair Glaze Review
How to Create Fall Makeup
Barbie Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
How to Create a Braided Headband with Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...