A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Attack of fabric from hell and many more (PH)  (Read 4345 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2006 02:20:15 AM »

Not long a go i realised that I'm total slave Black color, and I feel strange in anything that is not black.I like dressing this whey but the knowledge that it is colour addiction and that there are so many beautyfull colours in the world made me long fore something ....colorfull.
To saw properly I did have to measure myself (and I haven't dome it in a long time) it wasn't pleasant I'm 2 size bigger then I thought. It is not a tragedy yous self knowledge I will see how much money I can saver on chocolate by reducing my delay portions by half Roll Eyes
OK so hire are some of clothes that I made fore myself.

My newest skirt made from Burda magazine. I made it from a bathrobe I bought in a trifle store. It was a bath robe That somebody made by themself, and when I saw it I was sure that the previous owner was not an experience seamstress (ore somebody working in rush) . Non of the seams was strait and the bottom line was  very wacky. Soon I learned that It was a fabric form hell, it had mind on its own and was moving in all unwanted directions (I worked with sateen before but it wasn't that bad). Only those beautiful characters on the fabric kept me going. To finish of the bottom of skirt I used very not Asian trim but it was an only whey to do it more or less strait.

this is my cat showing how comfortable scraps of that fabric are.

This skirt is made from velvet from trifle store bought dress with full skirt part

On two pictures shown I'm wearing a blouse with is very simple on the front but it has lacing on the back (home work fore everyone try macking pictures of your back you cant imagine whey your body can twist  Grin)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006 04:33:39 AM by olenka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

twelvety
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006 04:07:13 AM »

Lovely, your stuff always looks so nice olenka, your cat is super cute too Wink.
I really like the material you used for the first skirt, it is just beautiful. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006 06:49:01 AM »

Wow! That skirt is amazing! (Even if it was evil by nature)  Wink  Do you recall what Burda pattern it was?
You are not alone in your addiction to black! I have been almost 100% black wardrobe for as long as I can remember. It has nothing to do with my personality - or philosophy or anything like that. I think I am just afraid I will match things wrong and I don't want to look like a parade float.  Embarrassed   
I keep finding things I really like and the only color they have it in is grey - which really pisses me off - because I think if I wear grey people will imediately be thinking "elephant" or "hippo".  Shocked
They are all very beautiful pieces and very flattering! (Even if you couldn't yoga yourself in a pose with the shirt!)
thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006 07:35:32 AM »

I love them both!!!
and the shirt rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
dawnmari
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006 07:26:40 PM »

The skirt looks beautiful on you!!  Great job!  The length is perfect on you ... very flattering Smiley 

I'm also in the "Way to Much Black Clothes" club Smiley

kitschycoup:  For some strange reason, your grey comment cracked me up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006 07:29:48 PM »

GORGEOUS... great job.. I love the geisha print!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
Pretty.Poison
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006 08:54:32 PM »

i loooove the fabric and lace of the first skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006 06:59:44 PM »

Those skirts are beautiful and very flattering for you also.  I have to say I like the first one best as well.  Very nice.  How does the shirt look on?  I have been working on some corset stuff but not done yet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006 08:01:57 PM »

you did a great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006 10:45:33 PM »

twelvety, LadyCregga, Shotgun_Bettie, Pretty.Poison, TwiztidBlood : Girls thanks so much fore such a worm response I'm really glad you like my stuff.

kitschycoup: In Europe Burda prints out a Magazine with patterns and regular beauty and kooking stuff. My pattern was from that magazine from winter 2001 (can I consider it vintage??) I checked burda on-line and they don't carry it separately now. I found company that sells Burda patterns in US http://www.sewingpatterns.com/index-burda.html so maybe you will find something else that you like.

mommabear1963 it is the same shirt I'm wearing on pictures and there is not much to show on the front. it has bust darts and small folds (I don't know how to call them) under the bust so it has a little empire line. It is rather louse and lacing is the only thing that it has in common with corset. When I feel flirty I un lace it a little at the top so it shows of more  Grin but not to much.

kitschycoup, dawnmari I decided to where only black because it makes you look less fat when I was 11 and since then colours gradually despaired from my worthrobe.
 I started listen to rock and heavy metal music when I had only black clothes and every one asked me if I was a metal head, and I feel in love with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Simple Tricks to Hide Your Roots
Great Homecoming Hair Styles For Cheap
How to Add Vintage Glamour to Long Hair
Beauty Field Test: Fake Bangs for the Noncommittal
Black Women and Their Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...